May 21, 2013
- On this week’s episode of The J-Turn, host Jessi Lang heads to the Bondurant School of High Performance Driving for the Executive Protection Course, where she learns how to drive Chevrolet Camaros and Tahoes defensively in tactical situations. This episode kicks off with Lang attempting to master the dead man driving drill, in which the [...]
May 15, 2013
- We recently drove the brand-new 2014 Chevrolet Silverado and found it to be vastly improved compared to the outgoing model. And now that The General's pickup trucks have been squared away, it's time to focus our attention onto their passenger-friendly companions, the Chevrolet Tahoe and GMC Yukon (above). Our spy photographers have passed along a huge smattering of photos (and a video), showing the new SUVs out testing. Both the short- and long-wheelbase models were spied, and while the...
May 14, 2013
- Last time we saw GM’s full-size SUVs, the camouflage looked like an ill-fitting black sweat suit. In these new spy shots, the Chevrolet Tahoe, Chevrolet Suburban, GMC Yukon, and GMC Yukon XL now sport tight-fitting swirly camo that shows off more of their physique. We’ve embedded a video showing the Chevrolet and GMC SUV prototypes [...]
May 10, 2013
- If you're seeking a roomy, versatile and technically advanced SUV that's more comfortable and fuel-efficient than truck-based vehicles like the Chevrolet Tahoe or, well, a 2010 Explorer, Ford's latest will fit the bill.
- So there you are on May 1 minding your own business on the internet when a forum user called "V12Baker" uploads a picture of the engine block above. But you're on the LS1 forum, a site devoted to the legendary V8s made by General Motors, and that's a V12. V12Baker explains that he sliced two LS1 engines and used the pieces to not only make an LS12, but also a V4 with the leftovers. That is probably when, like user "3.8redbird," you write "April Fools day is April 1st not May 1st." But the...
- According to a report at TheDetroitBureau.com, a spy shot of the next generation Chevy Tahoe indicates, General Motors plans major changes in the design of its 2014 model-year full-size SUV lineup, which includes Tahoe, GMC Yukon and Cadillac Escalade.
February 13, 2013
- DETROIT – J.D. Power and Associates ranked the Chevrolet Camaro the industry’s most dependable midsize sporty car and the Chevrolet Tahoe as the most dependable large crossover/SUV in its 2013 U.S. Vehicle Dependability Study.
January 11, 2013
- Opponents of the US auto bailout - specifically that of "Government Motors" - should have a field day with this information. According to data compiled by Automotive News from the Government Services Administration, General Motors became the largest supplier of new cars to the US Government; overtaking Ford for the first time since 2009. Before the bailout, GM had held this lead dating back to at least 2005. For fiscal year 2012, GM sold 19,404 units worth $409.2 million to the government,...
January 7, 2013
- General Motors is recalling nearly 69,000 pickup trucks, SUVs and vans worldwide, including a number in Canada, because they can roll away unexpectedly.
- Twelve different General Motors vehicles from the 2013 model year, up to 54,686 units in total, are being recalled over two potential issues with their steering columns. The models in question, all full-size trucks, SUVs or vans, are the: Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV, Escalade EXT, Chevrolet Avalanche, Express, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe, and GMC Savana, Sierra, Yukon and Yukon XL. The affected vehicles were built with a fractured parking lock cable or "a malformed steering column lock...