May 22, 2013
- An influential annual report by Bank of America Merrill Lynch says General Motors Co. and Ford Motor Co. will gain market share in the United States over the next four years at the expense of foreign automakers such as Japan's Nissan Motor Co.
May 20, 2013
- US research shows SUV drivers come off better in crash with safest small cars
May 14, 2013
- The Chevrolet City Express will compete in the small cargo vehicle segment.
- General Motors and Nissan today announced an agreement for Nissan to produce a small cargo van that GM will sell in the United States and Canada as the Chevrolet City Express. Based on the Nissan NV200, it will launch in the fall of 2014. Pricing and specifications remain undisclosed, however. “Our fleet customers have asked us for an entry in the commercial small van segment, so this addition to the Chevrolet portfolio will strengthen our position with fleets and our commercial...
- Automotive News reports Lincoln is looking to Chinese luxury shoppers for customer service ideas. Those notions may eventually make their way back to the US in the form of new dealership training. Jim Farley, the executive vice president of global marketing for Ford, tells Automotive News, "In many ways, China will be a listening post for Lincoln in the United States. Soon China will be the largest luxury market in the world." Farley also said that in China, the Lincoln brand is currently where...
- Your eyes do not deceive you - that is, in fact, a Nissan NV200 work van with Chevrolet badging. General Motors and Nissan today announced a partnership where the Japanese automaker will build Bowtie-badged vans for Chevy dealers to sell throughout the United States and Canada. The new van, called the City Express, is expected to go on sale in the fall of 2014. "Our fleet customers have asked us for an entry in the commercial small van segment, so this addition to the Chevrolet portfolio will...
- Once again, General Motors Co. is paring with another automaker to help the Detroit-based maker fill a need in its vehicle lineup. GM and Nissan announced today they have signed an agreement for Nissan to produce a small cargo vehicle that GM will sell in the United States and Canada. Read about it at TheDetroitBureau.com.
- DETROIT and NASHVILLE, Tenn. – General Motors Co. and Nissan announced today the companies have signed an agreement for Nissan to produce a small cargo vehicle that GM will sell in the United States and Canada.
May 10, 2013
- It has not been a good year for the electric-car industry, considering the bankruptcy of little Coda and the all-but-certain collapse of the once-promising Fisker Automotive. Even well-established carmakers such as General Motors and Nissan have been struggling to entice buyers (though Nissan’s Leaf battery car has begun to develop a little bit of momentum after missing its sales target for the second year in a row).So it is perhaps no surprise that 42% of the shares in Tesla Motors, a...
May 8, 2013
- According to General Motors, the Lone Star State is responsible for one sixth of all truck sales in the United States, and to draw even more buyers to its showrooms, the 2014 Chevrolet Silverado is being offered in a special Texas Edition package. For buyers not in Texas, though, a similar package called Custom Sport will be offered at the same price premium - $2,165 for LT and $1,895 for LTZ models. Both packages add 20-inch wheels, a locking rear differential and the Trailering Equipment...
- All of it is said to go into various facilities.
May 6, 2013
- Washington — General Motors Co. is recalling nearly 43,000 newer vehicles sold the United States for fire risks that are equipped with the company's eAssist mild hybrid system, the automaker said Monday.
- General Motors has issued a recall covering 38,197 2012 and 2013 model-year Chevy Malibu Eco, Buick LaCrosse and Regal sedans equipped with eAssist, and sold in the United States. The automaker will check the generator control module for proper operation. Only vehicles built before December 2012 are being recalled. According to the automaker, a malfunctioning generator control module could slowly drain the battery, causing an indicator to light up in the dash. If that indicator is ignored, the...
May 2, 2013
- The automaker also reported a decline in first-quarter revenue, despite a concerted effort to introduce new models in the United States and Europe.
May 1, 2013
- General Motors Co. sold 237,646 vehicles in the United States in April, up 11 percent compared with a year ago.