May 15, 2013
- General Motors told us so back in March, but it is now official: The twin-turbocharged 3.6-liter V6 announced for the 2014 Cadillac CTS will also join the options list for the 2014 Cadillac XTS. The LF3 engine puts out 410 horsepower and 369 pound-feet of torque in the XTS, however, which is 10 hp and 61 lb-ft down from its application in the CTS. It will be identifiable from the outside by a specific grille treatment and a badge on the decklid. The 3.6-liter V6 with 304 hp and 264 lb-ft holds...
May 14, 2013
- Starting in late 2014, you’ll be able to buy a Nissan NV with a Chevrolet badge. The Mexican-built NV will compete against the Ford Transit Connect, as consumers migrate from full-size, V8 vans to more fuel efficient, compact models. Technical specs were not announced, but the vehicle will be dubbed the Chevrolet City Express.
April 18, 2013
- Chevrolet used the Edmonton Motor Show to announce initial performance data and fuel consumption ratings for the all-new 2014 Silverado 1500 full-size pickup truck, which will officially launch later this spring. The new 5.3L Ecotec3 V8 engine delivers 355 horsepower and 383 lb-ft of torque. Mated to a 6-speed automatic transmission, it's not only more powerful than the previous unit, but also more fuel-efficient: 8.7L/100km highway for 2WD models, and 9.0L/100km highway for 4x4 models....
April 15, 2013
- The official debut of the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray is only part of the excitement for fans of Chevy's virtuoso sportscar. Although we got to see the car and some of its preliminary specs in Detroit and Geneva, there is still no word on pricing and some of the juicier data points we've been waiting for - such as confirmed power output, EPA estimated mileage figures and performance numbers. Until then, CorvetteBlogger has gotten its hands on the order guide for the coupe version of the...
April 9, 2013
- With the new 2014 Cadillac CTS sedan set to go on sale later this year, we’ve wasted no time comparing the car to its rivals based on initial specs and asking whether a coupe variant should be made. In the Motor Trend forums, LS7 has suggested what might be a less expensive and higher-volume alternative, [...]
March 29, 2013
- Mitsubishi announced fuel economy figures for their newest subcompact, which will revive the Mirage name. At 37 mpg city and 44 mpg highway, the Mirage will best the Chevrolet Spark, its main competitor in the A-segment. But Mitsubishi has yet to announce any of their powertrain offerings for the Mirage. Overseas, a 1.2L 4-cylinder making [...]
March 28, 2013
- When the dust from the 2013 New York International Auto Show settles, a few new vehicle debuts will stand out as stars — and the 2014 Cadillac CTS will definitely be one of those cars. We’ll contribute to the time-honored tradition of bench racing by laying out some specs for the newly enlarged 2014 CTS [...]
- The vehicle features the Detroit-based automaker’s 7.0-liter LS7 engine, which was adapted from the LS7 used in the C6 Corvette Z06. It is rated at an estimated 500 horsepower (373 kW) and 470 lb.-ft. of torque in the 2014 Camaro Z/28.
March 26, 2013
- Before its debut at the 2013 New York Auto Show later this week, Buick has released specs and images for the 2014 Regal, which will finally receive optional all-wheel drive. The biggest news for the Regal comes under the hood.
March 25, 2013
- Before its debut at the 2013 New York Auto Show later this week, Buick has released specs and images on the 2014 LaCrosse, which has received new looks and some new luxury features. Styling on the 2014 LaCrosse has been updated this year for the first time since the car was redesigned in 2009. New enhancements... more
March 21, 2013
- We've seen loads of pictures of the 2014 Corvette. We know the specs. But we don't yet know how much it costs. However, this contest from General Motors may shed a little light on that.Read more...
March 14, 2013
- Oddly enough, it took me longer to write this review than any in recent memory. The Dodge Dart, Chevrolet Spark and equally engaging Ford Mustang Boss all flowed I typed them up in no time. So, what gives? It's quite simple really: The BMW 3 Series is faultless. In fact, that was my final conclusion of last year's review. I know, there's no such thing (although the 2014 Mercedes-Benz E 63 S-AMG 4MATIC wagon pretty much proved the opposite), plus the...
March 7, 2013
- We've already seen leaked specs and potential spy shots, but the refreshed 2014 Chevrolet Camaro will make its official debut at the New York Auto Show in a few weeks. Besides a tweaked exterior and the possibility of a high-output LS7 under the hood, we really don't know much else about the 2014 Camaro, but here's hoping for an improved interior, too. In addition to the refreshed Camaro, Chevrolet will also be showing off the recently introduced Chevrolet SS, making its debut on the auto...
March 4, 2013
- Over the weekend, Chevrolet released its first images of the new 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible. Now, ahead of the droptop's official introduction tomorrow at the Geneva Motor Show, the automaker has given us a few more shots of the softop C7 showing off the car's rump albeit from a high, strategically positioned angle. From this angle, it's hard to get a sense for how long and flat the decklid really is, but we can easily see that, like the rest of the C7's design, the new convertible's...
March 3, 2013
- Kurt McNeil, GM vice president of U.S. sales operations, said the Detroit-based automaker will announce pricing, fuel economy and various performance statistics for the 2014 Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra later this month.