March 26, 2013
- Unassuming entry-level luxury sedan packs a surprising performance punch if you upgrade to the turbo-charged model.
March 22, 2013
- A stripper by any other name — this is the most basic of basic transports.
March 3, 2013
February 6, 2013
- The new Cadillac ATS is an impressive sport sedan, often considered one of the most serious threats to the BMW 3 Series. Unlike GM's previous attempts, this four door brings aggressive styling, commendable chassis dynamics and class-leading handling to the highly competitive battle. And, like its daunting German foe, Cadillac offer several powertrain choices. I recently spent time with the ATS 2.0T Premium on my home California turf. Fitted with a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine...
- BMW’s 3-Series is always the benchmark, always the target, and always on a pedestal. So when GM announced Cadillac would once again “complete head-on" with BMW’s money-maker, the world yawned. Then an interesting thing happened, publications started fawning over the ATS, proclaiming the 3-Series has met its match. Could such a thing be true? Even [...]
January 28, 2013
- Introducing: the handbag crossover.
December 26, 2012
- EXECUTIVE EDITOR BOB GRITZINGER: Talk about your major hoots. I'm not sure anybody needs this much power at hand for their day-to-day drives. It could only lead to trouble.
December 23, 2012
- Cadillac’s 3-Series fighter is a winner. We try to avoid bombastic statements here at Winding Road, but it’s quite difficult when a vehicle is as good as the ATS. Never before have we seen a vehicle that seems so able to dethrone the mighty 3-Series, and in turn become the new measuring stick for the sports sedan segment. It’s great to look at, both inside and out, but more importantly it is absolutely excellent to drive.
December 21, 2012
- The 2013 Chevrolet Spark would seem to be tailor-made to satisfy the needs of Canadian drivers looking for a cheap, fuel efficient hatchback to help them navigate urban traffic. Slotting in under the Chevrolet Sonic hatchback in both price and size, the Spark makes a play for customers turned off …
December 10, 2012
- The 2013 Buick Encore is unlike anything the GM subsidiary has produced before. It’s tiny. Really tiny. It’s so tiny that you need to see it in person to appreciate the size of its footprint. Since it won’t be on sale for some time, this is the best we can say: its 100.6-inch wheelbase is shorter than a Mini Countryman (102.2 inches).
December 7, 2012
- Occasionally pressing the reset button can be healthy for individuals, business organizations, and car brands alike. After witnessing Hummer, Pontiac, and Saturn disappear into the void after GM’s bankruptcy, Buick undertook some serious soul-searching and course correction. One dramatic result is t...
- Quite possibly the mellowest car in the world.