May 17, 2013
May 16, 2013
- Watch as Opel fans punk VW enthusiasts.
- On Monday, we presented this week’s shifter and asked you to identify the make and model of the vehicle whence it came. We realize our update here is a day late, but that doesn’t change the fact that commenter Alex M. was the first to correctly identify this week’s shifter. Alex was spot...
May 15, 2013
- The difference is that it will be switching cities.
- GM won’t punish its German workforce for the uppity behavior of Bochum’s employees. Instead of moving production of the Zafira to UK’s Ellesmere Port, as some expected, production will remain in Deutschland. According to Reuters, “General Motors’ loss-making European brand Opel will move production of the multi-purpose vehicle Zafira to Ruesselsheim in Germany, shoring up [...]
May 13, 2013
- Now that Opel workers in Bochum refused a plan to keep the factory open, now that an intervention by UAW’s Bob King went exactly nowhere, the question is where to move production of the Opel Zafira when Bochum closes its doors by end of 2014. In the running: Rüsselsheim, Germany, and Ellesmere Port, UK. Both [...]
- Give it wings and it will fly What more can be said about Cadillac and its glorious past that hasn't already been said? Not much in fact, but the new 2013 ATS opens up a completely new chapter in the company founded by Henry Leland back in 1902. The 2013 ATS will do for Cadillac what the Catera failed to do in the late ‘90s. The follow-up CTS attempted to pick up the pieces left behind by the rebadged Opel Omega, but never fully rekindled the Cadillac flame. It is true; the Cadillac ATS...
May 12, 2013
- Who doesn't love the ruggedized version of the Adam?
May 11, 2013
- It's all gone quiet for now at General Motors Europe and its Opel and Vauxhall subsidiaries, thanks to some mildly positive news about the bottom line, an agreement, albeit it grudging, with unions, and protestations from Detroit that yes, it really, really is committed to the company long-term, come rain or come shine.
- From 1933 to 2013.
May 9, 2013
- The Regal nameplate has seen many changes over the years. The ‘70s models were boat-like, yet simply gorgeous. Buick then nailed it in the ‘80s with the likes of the Grand National, T-Type and GNX. However, by the late ‘80s/early ‘90s things started to go a little astray as the 3rd gen hailed in the FWD Regal and the absence of a true performance model. Yes, this was the beginning of Buick's confused years, and although the 4th gen in the late ‘90s saw the return...
May 7, 2013
- This is the result of The General's acquisition of the international operations of Ally Financial.