May 25, 2013
- Chevrolet announced lease pricing for the Spark EV, and a Michigan developer plans to turn former G.M. property into a car enthusiast theme park of sorts.
May 24, 2013
- Volkswagen has gotten pretty comfortable hogging the - admittedly small - non-premium diesel car market in the US. With Golf and Jetta, the German automaker has been the one and only choice for those interested in the torquey, high-mpg merits of turbocharged diesel power. However, US customers seem to be growing more interested in the technology that has been the primary mode of propulsion in most of Europe for many years now. Mazda is quite close to bringing its Skyactiv-D diesel engines to...
May 20, 2013
- This could skyrocket Michigan's already amazing car culture to new heights.
May 16, 2013
- Corporate influence on education is a touchy subject, but when it comes to data-science education, corporations and academics are commingling more and more. Companies including General Motors, GlaxoSmithKline, Hearst, Verizon, Yahoo, Independence Blue Cross and IBM are fostering symbiotic bonds with colleges and universities: Companies provide problems and the research data to potentially solve them, not to mention sponsorship dollars. The schools, in turn, create a well-trained data workforce...
May 14, 2013
- General Motors said Monday it will spend $100 million to build a data center in Michigan as part of its overhaul of information technology operations
- Michigan is reaping the benefits of a healthy General Motors Co. Since 2009, nearly half of the Detroit-based automaker’s announced investments have benefited its home state, according to GM CEO and Chairman Dan Akerson.
- A Michigan couple sentenced to prison for stealing General Motors hybrid-car technology trade secrets filed appeals Friday with the 6th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Cincinnati.
May 13, 2013
- The company formally opened a giant data center on Monday in the Detroit suburb of Warren, Michigan.
- General Motors plans to construct a second data center in Milford to go along with a recently opened information technology data operation in Warren, making Michigan the nerve center of GM's global data.
- WARREN, Mich. – General Motors today unveiled a state-of-the-art $130-million enterprise data center that will serve as the computing backbone for the automaker’s vast global operations.
May 12, 2013
- DETROIT- Three General Motors Co.'s buildings, including one in Michigan, are being recognized for superior performance by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
May 10, 2013
- Tell a hip-hop fan you've got a vehicle with three-wheel motion and they'll think of low-riders, '64 Impalas and hydraulics. Michigan-based Elio Motors has another idea, and the Detroit News says it's a few beats closer to reality. Elio, which a few months ago made news when it agreed to buy an old General Motors plant in Shreveport, LA, has just announced 20 key suppliers - groups like IAV, Altair Engineering and Comau - for its upcoming three-wheeled vehicle. Elio is sticking with its...
May 9, 2013
- Making it attractive Houston, TX - It has become ludicrous not to expect something great from the Korean giant that is Kia. At its North American premiere at the 2013 CIAS, the 2014 Kia Rondo was (in my eyes) an instant hit. Having only seen it, I was convinced it was going to be great. The 2014 Kia Rondo pushes the design theme to a whole other level, thus completing the modernization of Kia's entire lineup. The new car is smashing to behold, the cabin is nothing short of stunning with great...
May 8, 2013
- Runtime: 6:40 Elon Musk talks with Google about using its autonomous technology in Tesla vehicles. Not only does the Cadillac ELR have a much sleeker design than the Chevy Volt, the range-extended hybrid has a unique feature called Regen on Demand. Autoline takes a few laps around the famous Michigan International Speedway in the 2014 [...]
May 7, 2013
- On TheDetroitBureau.com, read about LG Chem’s much-maligned production facility in Michigan that is finally going to begin lithium-ion battery production in July. The plant makes batteries for the Chevrolet Volt plug-in hybrid sedan.