December 24, 2012
- Investors cheered General Motors' announcement last week that it will buy 200 million GM shares from the government. But what about car buyers?
December 23, 2012
- General Motors, Ford and Chrysler are reacting to figures that show young people are delaying learning to drive and more are moving to city centres
- The Treasury plans to sell its remaining stake in General Motors over the next 15 months, allowing the automaker to shed the stigma of being partly owned by the U.S. government.
- If the federal government is selling, does that mean that everyday investors should be buying stock in General Motors? Or should those who already own GM take a clue from Uncle Sam and sell GM, too? One point to consider if you're pondering this question: GM stock already has floored it with Camaro-style speed in just a year.
- Revved: General Motors will shed all government ownership by April 2014, buys back 200 million shares on Friday for $27.50 each and stock rises 11% for the week.
- The automaker will continue to be a customer of the plant during the transition period.
December 22, 2012
- The partnership between General Motors and PSA Peugeot-Citroën isn't expected to produce any results until 2016, but it has created plenty of news (and speculation) since it was formed back in February. Now, GM is laying out some of the specifics of the deal while Automotive News Europe is reporting plans have been scrapped to produce a shared platform for a midsize sedan. In "definitive agreements" between the two automakers, GM says that three new vehicle platforms are still on track;...
- General Motors., trying to end losses in Europe, said it agreed to sell a French transmission plant to Punch Metals International.
December 21, 2012
- General Motors Co., trying to end losses in Europe, Friday said it agreed to sell a French transmission plant to Punch Metals International.
- Cerberus Capital Management said it would sell the gun maker Freedom Group, the government is exiting its investment in General Motors and Peter Madoff was sentenced to prison for his role in his brother’s Ponzi scheme.
- Don't expect the private jet idea to take off.
- General Motors and Saab Automobile Parts North America said they have reached an agreement on warranty service coverage for Saab owners in the United States and Canada.
- Canadian new car shoppers are now able to enjoy employee pricing discounts of a range of vehicles offered by General Motors. The discounts, which run until December 30, is on top of any other associated rebates or incentives being offered. All pickups manufactured by Chevrolet and GMC are eligible for …
December 20, 2012
- General Motors executives are once again certified members of the jet set. As you may recall, one of the concessions made by automakers in accepting government assistance back in 2009 was a requirement to discontinue the use of private jets in lieu of standard commercial airline flights. The issue first reared its head after the three auto CEOs from Detroit flew in private jets to Washington to outline why the industry needed bailout money. Not so smart. Now that The General has bought 200...