June 19, 2013
- The Detroit-based automaker Wednesday said the 2014 Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra with the all-new 4.3-liter EcoTec3 V6 engine are estimated by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency to achieve 22 mpg highway for 4x4 versions and 24 mpg highway for 2WD models.
- DETROIT – Every year, tens of millions of viewers in the United States watch The Oscars. For the next five years, Chevrolet will advertise its award-winning vehicles as part of this night of stars.
June 18, 2013
- DETROIT – Chevrolet, the “Official Vehicle of Major League Baseball” since 2005, is now swinging for the fences as title sponsor of the 2013 Chevrolet Home Run Derby. Major League Baseball Properties and Chevrolet announced the sponsorship on Monday.
- Ken Cosgrove doesn't have much fun on a trip to the city, and departs the automotive account, which is picked up by Pete Campbell.
- DETROIT – The 2014 Buick LaCrosse luxury sedan goes on sale later this year with a suggested retail price of $34,060, including a $925 destination charge. Standard equipment includes next-generation IntelliLink connectivity, an eight-inch reconfigurable color cluster display, eight air bags and an eAssist powertrain that offers an EPA-estimated 36 highway mpg.
June 17, 2013
- GM is voluntarily recalling 193,000 SUVs due to an electrical problem that could cause power windows and door locks to malfunction and possibly cause a fire, the Detroit News reported. Affected vehicles include model-year 2006-07 Chevrolet Trailblazers, GMC Envoys, Buick...
- Here’s a puzzler: the same week an agency nails a big account, the CEO leaves.Bill Ludwig, the chairman-CEO at Campbell-Ewald, is stepping down at the Detroit-based shop after more than 30 years, according to executives familiar with the matter. The agency is expected to tap an internal successor in a matter of weeks. The top contender for the spot? Jim Palmer, currently the agency's chief client officer. Various other execs at the agency are expected to be promoted under Mr. Palmer....
- General Motors, Ford and Chrysler have forged some of the most distinctive designs since tail fins were soaring in the postwar era.General Motors, Ford and Chrysler have forged some of the most distinctive designs since tail fins were soaring in the postwar era.
June 16, 2013
- Back in August, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration announced a recall on the General Motors GMT360 SUVs (Buick Rainier, Chevrolet Trailblazer, GMC Envoy, Isuzu Ascender and Saab 9-7X) ranging from the 2005 to 2007 model years and the 2006 GMT370 SUVs (Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT and GMC Envoy XL) due to potential fires associated with the driver's door module. Initially limited to 250,000 units sold or registered in 20 Snow Belt states (and the District of Columbia), the recall...
June 14, 2013
- The starting price, which includes a $925 destination fee, is about $6,000 higher than the current model. But the new model is about 250 pounds lighter with more power, space and more than 20 new standard features compared with the current model, according to the Detroit-based automaker.
June 13, 2013
- DETROIT – When the all-new 2014 Cadillac CTS sedan arrives in dealerships this fall, it will offer more interior space, power and technology with more than 20 new standard features compared with the current model.
- General Motors said it is targeting an investment grade credit rating "within the year" as the Detroit automaker works to distance itself from the stigma of its 2009 bankruptcy.
June 12, 2013
- Cadillac is going Rogue – the Detroit-based luxury maker lining up a new agency by that name to handle nearly $250 million in annual spending as it struggles to regain its former grandeur in a luxury market today largely dominated by German competitors. This from TheDetroitBureau.com.
- Sports saloon set to be benchmarked against BMW's supercar-quick M3 Cadillac is benchmarking its upcoming ATS-V sports saloon against the BMW M3, as these spy pictures reveal.The future range-topping performance version of the BMW 3-series-size ATS is set to be revealed at the Detroit motor show next January.The ATS-V was spotted last week in back-to-back tests with an M3 on the roads near General Motors’ Detroit headquarters.GM has long spoken of making the ATS a match for Europe’s best....
June 11, 2013
- All agencies know what it's like to get that phone call: the one with bad news on the other end telling you a big account is walking out the door. That's what Fallon went through today when General Motors informed the shop that after three years, it was being replaced by a trio of Interpublic Group of Cos.' shops: Hill Holliday in Boston, Campbell Ewald in Detroit and Lowe. Together, they form an offering dubbed "Rogue."...