May 17, 2013
- The lights would suddenly turn off while driving at night,
- Here at Autoline After Hours we pride ourselves on tracking down the all-important "gurus of go" in the automotive industry. Well, dang if we ain't lassoed another! Jordan Lee is the Global Chief Engineer and Program Manager for Small Block Engines at GM. But, Mr. Lee might just be upstaged by our other special guest on set: none other than the heart and soul of the Corvette itself, the 6.2L LT1 V-8. Plus, we'll get into some hot topics this week including the end of the great driving boom as...
- Buying into a new, fledgling automaker is always a big risk - the early-adopter upside has the potential to be great, but the downside can look like the mother of all hangovers. Unsurprisingly, that's the unpleasant financial reality facing Fisker Karma owners as they look to unload their extended-range electric sedans while the company's future bleakens. We've been keeping tabs on used Karma prices on eBay Motors and other websites for some time now, and there's been a steady stream of the...
- The 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray’s first appearance on the silver screen is likely to be in the new Marvel Comics-themed blockbuster Captain America: The Winter Soldier, due out on April 4, 2014. A black version of the upcoming sports car was recently spotted on a film set for the movie, located on the National Mall in Washington D.C...
May 15, 2013
- The sixth-generation Chevrolet Corvette is currently making way for the new 2014 seventh-generation car. Still, it seems the C6 isn't ready to give up the spotlight just yet. According to Autoweek, NHTSA is currently taking a closer look at C6 Corvettes. More specifically, the organization is interested in a potential problem with the headlights...
- Strategic Vision has released its annual Total Quality awards, and some of the winners may come as a surprise. To quote Alexander Edwards, President of Strategic Vision, "For the first time in over a decade our comprehensive and complete study of Quality resulted in more domestic winners than imports." That's not to say import brands performed poorly. Volkswagen was voted the best overall corporation in Total Quality for the eighth-straight year, and Audi tied with Lexus for the best...
May 14, 2013
- Downforce, downforce, downforce.
May 13, 2013
- U.S. auto safety regulators are investigating complaints that the low-beam headlights can go dark without warning on some Chevrolet Corvettes.
May 12, 2013
- For the twelfth time since 1978 the Indianapolis 500 will be paced by a Chevrolet Corvette. That shouldn’t come as a big surprise. Corvette has had the honor of leading The Greatest Spectacle In Racing more than any other car. In fact, the last time there wasn’t a Chevy pacing Indy was 2001, when an Oldsmobile lead the field.
May 11, 2013
- Washington — U.S. safety regulators on Friday opened a preliminary investigation into more than 100,000 Chevrolet Corvette sports cars after complaints that headlights suddenly died.
May 10, 2013
- More than 100,000 Chevrolet Corvettes are the subject of a federal investigation into an issue with the vehicles’ headlights, safety regulators announced Friday.
- Federal auto safety regulators have launched a preliminary investigation into the Chevrolet Corvette from model years 2005 to 2007, citing dozens of complaints that the car's headlights can turn themselves off without warning.
- Pros and Cons* Pros When it comes to functionality, the Mercedes-Benz 2013 E-Class Coupe won't be ceding its place at the top of the toybox any time soon. We especially like its passenger cabin, full range equipment, power-adjustable seating as well as its individually-adjustable sport seating in the back. Future buyers will also enjoy the chassis balance as well as access to the latest technology. Cons The car, however, lacks perky sportiness when it comes to road handling and, when options...
- Complaints that certain Chevrolet Corvette sports cars might suffer from headlights going dark without warning are prompting an investigation by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Model years 2005 through 2007 are affected, with over 103,000 units. NHTSA reports having 30 complaints filed, although there haven’t been any injuries reported. The complains say that even... more
- According to a report at TheDetroitBureau.com, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration opened an investigation into 2005-2007 Chevrolet Corvettes due to an issue with the car’s low-beam headlights failing.