January 27, 2013
January 26, 2013
- We'll take a 99 pound weight savings, and a 57 percent increase in stiffness, any day of the year.
- Now that the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray has blown car fans’ minds, we’d like to offer this post clarifying the history of GM’s magneto-rheological shock absorbers and how they work. Magneto-rheological shocks, or MR shocks for short, have been one of GM’s most publicized technologies for over a decade. On paper, it allows manufacturers to [...]
- The 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray, the seventh generation of America's iconic sports car, has made its debut, but does that mean a new Corvette race car is just around the corner? We certainly hope so, and to give you an idea of just how awesome that race car could be, take a gander at these computer-generated renderings of a possible C7.R from...
- On certain 2013 Chevrolet Malibu sedans, one or more rear suspension bolts may have been tightened insufficiently during vehicle assembly. If the bolts loosen, handling could suddenly be affected, particularly at higher speeds. This would increase the risk of a crash. As a result, dealers will inspect and, if necessary, tighten the rear suspension bolts. This recall targets 67 units. Source: Transports Canada...
January 25, 2013
- The 2014 Chevrolet Corvette really grinds Peter De Lorenzo's gears. Or, more accurately, the self-anointed Auto Extremist has an issue with what he sees as mismanagement of the legendary sports car by General Motors executives. In a new editorial on his website, De Lorenzo argues it's time to split Corvette off from Chevrolet to create an all-new brand, complete with a model range with at least three new takes on the sports car. Capable of fully leveraging the successes of the Corvette Racing...
- Did we mention that we envy Jay Leno? Like more than ever?
January 23, 2013
- This past Sunday, CBS aired a segment on its Sunday Morning Show all about the Corvette, highlighting the launch of the 2014 Stingray. The comprehensive piece takes the viewer from the birth of the iconic American sports car through its many designs. It includes Rick Hendrick, owner of Hendrick Motorsports, taking a spin with correspondent Lee Cowan. “The Corvette was just the ultimate car,” Hendrick tells Cowan. “I mean, it was -- you had the styling, the...
January 19, 2013
- General Motors of Canada has issued a recall on 65 GMC Savana and Chevrolet Express vans from the 2013 model year due to an ignition key that can be removed from the ignition when it's not in the OFF position. This could result in unintended vehicle movement and potentially lead to a crash. GM dealers will therefore replace the ignition lock cylinder. Source: Transport Canada Photo: GM...
January 18, 2013
- General Motors Co. is recalling certain Chevrolet Express and GMC Savana full-size vans from the 2013 model year because of problems with their ignition lock systems that could lead to the vehicles rolling away while unattended.
- GM is recalling 980 model-year 2013 Chevrolet Express and GMC Savana vans due to a problem with the ignition system that could result in a rollaway accident, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. The recall affects Express vans...
- General Motors is recalling 980 of its 2013 Chevrolet Express and GMC Savana vans because it might be possible to remove the key from the ignition when the car is still running and not in park. If the key is removed while the vans are still running, it could – obviously – roll away and... more
January 14, 2013
- Chevrolet's new slogan is quite similar to a slogan used by Saab a few years ago, "Find Your Own Road."
January 8, 2013
- "Chevy Runs Deep" is running out.