April 3, 2013
- When Chevrolet’s seventh son generation Corvette was introduced, many purists reacted with horror over the fact that the new car no longer has what has been traditional on Corvettes since the C2 in 1963, two round tail lights on each side. “The new ‘Vette has Camaro tail lights!" more than a few said. Though if [...]
April 2, 2013
- The 2012/2013 auto show season has come to an end, and the finale was at the 2013 New York Auto Show. This year's show was chock full of reveals, from James Bond's new SUV to an awesome new Camaro. So sit tight as we roll through the our highlight reel from the capital of the world known as New York City. Land Rover revealed the new 2014 Range...
- We have official confirmation.
- According to our friends at Motor Trend, a hotter Challenger could be on the way. SRT chief Ralph Gilles offered a not-so-subtle hint regarding the sharper Challenger at last week's New York Auto Show. The new model would be designed to compete with the new Chevrolet Camaro Z/28, which debuted in the Big Apple.
- Chevrolet announced that the all-new 2014 Camaro Z/28 will get a race-proven 7.0L LS7 V8 engine that produces an estimated 500 horsepower and 470 lb-ft of torque through a six-speed TREMEC TR6060 manual transmission with unique gearing. This mill is derived from the LS7 used in the C6 Corvette Z06, which was developed in conjunction with Corvette Racing. “In the Camaro lineup, the LS7 complements a range of great V8 choices, starting with the 426-horsepower LS3 in the Camaro SS, and...
- Right now, the most hardcore Challenger is the SRT8 392, which puts out 470 horsepower and happily runs the quarter mile in the mid-twelves--figures comparable with rivals from Ford and Chevrolet. Take it out on the track, however, and its approximate 4,100-pound curb weight means the Challenger SRT8 392 has no chance in keeping up with more...
- If only it were free.
April 1, 2013
- The story of fear of a quad-eyed monster.
- The most hardcore, track-focused version of the Camaro was just unveiled last week in New York, and we took some time to check it out and bring you our first-hand impressions. So is this the Camaro you'll really want? Maybe. It's going to be surprisingly hardcore. Many people will find it objectionably loud, stiff, and uncompromising. Others will...
- The 2014 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 will be available early next year as a track-ready, street-legal muscle car designed for one thing: speed.
- The 2014 Camaro Z/28 project, dubbed code-word ''HP'' inside of General Motors Co., was created by a team, but one executive literally drove home the argument for its production.
- Price Range: $36,300 to $65,800-plus Description: All-American value, performance and drop-top style converge on the 2013 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible lineup, which represents a wide range of options for performance car shoppers. The new Camaro Convertible, which launched for 2011, boasts a fabric top with an acoustic headliner for reduced noise levels, as well as an easy-to-use single-latch release mechanism. Once the latch is pulled to its “open” position, the push of a single...
March 31, 2013
- Now that Chevrolet has introduced its new 2014 Camaro Z/28, SRT and Dodge are looking to rise to the challenge with a more powerful, lighter Challenger SRT8 model. Though he was light on details, SRT President and CEO Ralph Gilles promised that the brand would soon have “an answer to the Z/28.” The current Challenger... more
- NEW YORK- Of the debuts during the 2013 New York International Auto Show this past week, the 2014 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 and 2014 Honda Odyssey with a vacuum appear to be the standouts.
- Revved: Dramatic redesigns of Cadillac CTS and Jeep Cherokee shown off at New York auto show. Revved: Camaro Z28 unveiled in New York. Chevy revs its high-performance reputation this year with new Corvette and Z28. Stalled: Slow sales cause GM to redesign parts of the Chevy Malibu. Tweaks may tweak sales.