May 23, 2013
- GM has a deep bench of greatest hits: the Buick Century, the Cadillac Sixty Special, the Advanced Design Chevy truck, and the small block V8 are a very small few. Do we have any reason to expect another good car from GM, though?Read more...
May 22, 2013
- Having seen the unchecked proliferation of sport-utility vehicles over the past 20-plus years and, with increased dismay, watched as they grew in size and garishness, I can only applaud the manufacturers that have seen fit to produce models (now generally called by the more politically appealing term "crossover") of more restrained dimensions.
May 21, 2013
- Another Buick sleeper sports car doesn't sound half bad.
- Placed between Chevrolet and Cadillac, Buick is the middle child of General Motors (let’s consider GMC a truck cousin). And like some middle children, it wasn’t given enough attention until it was in trouble. In its early years, Buick was GM’s darling. On the success of the Buick Motor Co., William C. “Billy” Durant co-founded GM. And even after GM adopted other children, including older brother Cadillac, Buick remained strong.
May 20, 2013
- Buick is more than old enough to qualify for an AARP card. There's a joke about the average age of the Buick driver in there somewhere, but we're going to leave that alone. The current crop of cars boast pretty smart styling meshed with quality interiors. There's been a lot of excellent machines churned out of the Buick assembly facilities over...
May 19, 2013
- oday marks the 110th anniversary of David Dunbar Buick founding the Buick Motor Co. in Detroit. To celebrate this milestone for the General Motors Co.'s luxury brand, MLive.com has compiled 110 interesting facts and milestones for the brand as part of its series for Buick turning 110 years old.
- For the last century, Buick, which celebrates its 110th anniversary today, relied heavily on its heritage and name to sell vehicles. The brand -- founded as the Buick Motor Co. on May 19, 1903 -- started when people were still referring to automobiles as “horseless carriages” and General Motors co-founder William C. “Billy” Durant was still a Flint carriage company owner.
May 18, 2013
- Pros and Cons* Pros The 2013 Buick Regal benefits from a widely- acclaimed design, excellent road handling, comfortable seats, beautiful interior fit and finish and also from the fact that it is among the rare breed of sedans which offer a manual 6-speed transmission. Cons Caveats include an options list which quickly inflates the price, lack of rear-seat headroom, insipid 2.4-litre engine and questionable resale value. Price The eAssist-equipped...
- Surviving isn’t anything new for Buick, which celebrates its 110th anniversary Sunday. The brand -- founded on May 19, 1903 by former plumber David Dunbar Buick -- is the oldest still-active automotive brand in America and one of the oldest in the world.
- If you were an alien from another world and your spaceship landed in Shanghai, you would immediately conclude that Buick is a planetary titan among automotive brands.
May 17, 2013
- These two are more alike than one may initially believe.
- While Buick, then the Buick Motor Co., was born in Detroit, it arguably wouldn’t be around today without a move to Flint, Mich. in 1903. From 1903-1998 Flint, then known as “Vehicle City” for its vigorous carriage industry, was Buick’s home. It was where the luxury brand helped William Crapo “Billy” Durant create General Motors in 1908.
- DETROIT – The Buick brand celebrates its 110th birthday this weekend. After a few years of experimenting with automobiles built at his home in Detroit, David Dunbar Buick – a former plumbing inventor and businessman – incorporated the Buick Motor Company on May 19, 1903.
May 16, 2013
- Pros and Cons* Pros Luxurious interior, numerous standard features, ideal 50/50 front to rear weight distribution, precise steering and smooth ride are all good arguments in the 2013 Chrysler 300's favour. Cons Its excess weight, unsupportive seats and primitive all-wheel drive system disappoint. Price The base Touring model starts at $34,245. The rear-wheel drive S starts at $38,245 and comes with optional all-wheel drive, which raises the...