May 20, 2013
- US research shows SUV drivers come off better in crash with safest small cars
May 19, 2013
- The most advanced car ever created in Australia will soon be arriving at Holden dealers across the country with the first series production VF Commodores rolling down the line at Holden Vehicle Operations (HVO) today.
- General Motors' Australian operation is losing money, thanks to cheap imports. Sound familiar? Here's what GM is doing about it.
May 17, 2013
- The best-possible rating joins those in the U.S., Europe, and South Korea.
May 16, 2013
- The final example of the VE Commodore – recently named by Wheels Magazine as the “the best Australian car ever” – has rolled off the line at Holden Vehicle Operations in South Australia.
May 14, 2013
- Here it is, folks. Right on schedule, Holden has revealed full details on its reborn range of HSV Gen-F models. The bulk of the new HSV machinery will go on sale next month, though the baddest of them all, the supercharged HSV GTS, will reportedly be delayed until September. The GTS may well be worth the wait, however, as its 430kW supercharged V8 engine (known as the LSA, the engine makes 580 horsepower and 556 pound-feet of torque in the US-market Chevy Camaro ZL1) will make this the fastest...
- You’re looking at the new Gen-F range of high-powered sedans, utes and wagons from HSV, the official tuner to Holden in Australia. The Gen-F range is based on Holden’s latest VF Commodore but receives a series of unique performance upgrades and styling enhancements. HSVs are known for their outlandish styling, but with the Gen-F range...
May 11, 2013
- Rebadged version of HSV's hot Commodore wagon arrives in the UK Important things first. More than anything, what you’ll want to know about the Vauxhall VXR8 Tourer is that it’s officially the most capacious estate car on sale in Britain, right?Good. Then you’ll be pleased to read that it has 895 litres of load volume with the rear seats in place, rising to some 2000 litres with them folded. If you’re looking for a big boot, look no further. Buy with impunity; you needed something this big.The...
May 7, 2013
- After taking the 2013 model year off, it looks like Chevrolet is putting the final touches on the next-generation Colorado, which is already on sale in South America, Asia and Australia. While we don't know when truck buyers in the US will be able to get their hands on the next-generation Chevy Colorado and GMC Canyon, we do know that the trucks will be built at GM's Wentzville, MO plant. This plant currently building the Chevrolet Express and GMC Savana, but GM is giving it an expansion,...
May 3, 2013
- Nissan should be pleased with its Leaf sales over the first few months of this year--not only is it beating last year's monthly rate, but it's on a level with the previously higher-selling Chevy Volt. Not so in Australia though, where the car is still struggling. In fact, it's struggling enough that Nissan has cut a huge chunk off the price of a...
- Buyers interested in getting their hands on the 2014 Chevrolet SS will have to be patient, as the sporty sedan will be made to order from Australia. As unfortunate as it sounds to have to wait at least three months for an ordered SS to make it to American soil, the policy has been put... more
April 25, 2013
- Holden Special Vehicles has something fun planned for next month. The company plans to yank back the sheets on the next generation of its HSV range, suitably named the Gen-F, on May 15. Holden had to do some quick stepping with its nomenclature this go around, and while names like "F Series" and "F1" dovetailed nicely with the 2013 VF Commodore, HSV had so skip those for obvious legal reasons. HSV has been trying to keep details close to the chest until the official unveil, but the Australian...
- A high-performance Holden VF Commodore powered by the Chevrolet Camaro ZL1’s 580-hp supercharged 6.2-liter V-8 will soon arrive at Australian dealers, Carsguide reports. Sitting at the top of the VF Commodore lineup, the HSV GTS “Gen F” will be the most powerful car ever built in Australia. The HSV GTS’ development reportedly took four years, [...]
April 21, 2013
- During a discussion of the next-generation Holden Commodore and the General Motors Zeta platform, the question of an Australian-built SUV came up. Dave Leone, GM's executive chief engineer for luxury and rear-wheel-drive cars, wouldn't go any further than to say "that could be very possible," but recent events at Holden only reinforce the notion that we won't have any idea what is and isn't possible at the Aussie branch until it's actually done. If there were such an SUV in the Holden pipeline...
- The first car in Australia to integrate the feature.