June 15, 2012
- A defect investigation was announced in early February into reports of door fires in 2006-2007 Chevy Trailblazers, and now the investigation is being upgraded to an engineering analysis by NHTSA. The issue is a malfunctioning driver side power master switch, which has reportedly caused 28 Trailblazers to catch fire, some of which were keyed off... more
November 15, 2011
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) on Monday opened an investigation for certain General Motors vehicles that may have a faulty automatic transmission gear shift indicator. According to the NHTSA, the indicators may falsely show that the car is in the park position. The NHTSA have received reports from drivers who believed their car [...]
- Faulty gear shift lever may be the cause.
- The New York Times reports that the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has broadened its investigation into faulty transmissions used in the Saturn Aura. A total of nearly 89,000 vehicles are now being looked at, including 2007-2008 Auras and 2008 Saturn Aura Green Line hybrid models. Before the investigation's expansion, about 44,000 units from the 2007 model year were under scrutiny. Multiple crash incidents have been reported, and General Motors apparently says the problem is...
- The federal government has widened a safety probe into complaints about problems with the automatic shift levers on 88,729 2007-'08 Saturn Aura and Aura Hybrid sedans.
- Federal safety regulators are investigating problems with the automatic shift levers on several General Motors cars because drivers may think the cars are in park when they actually are in gear.
November 14, 2011
- NHTSA is ramping up its investigation into the Saturn Aura after numerous complaints of the vehicle moving while in park or accelerating in the opposite direction to which the driver intended. A total of 33 complaints have been received by NHTSA and GM combined, covering both 2007 and 2008 model Auras. So far, an engineering analysis is [...] more
- Engineers with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) are taking a closer look at possible transmission issues with 2007 and 2008 Saturn Aura. The federal safety agency says it has received an increasing number of consumer complaints where the...
- Federal safety officials are looking more closely at the 2007 and 2008 Saturn Aura sedan following complaints of transmission problems that appear to be caused by corrosion of the shift-actuating cable. General Motors Co. was Saturn's parent company before discontinuing the brand.
- Federal safety regulators are investigating problems with the automatic shift levers on several General Motors cars, the Associated Press re ...
- Federal safety regulators have upgraded and widened an investigation into Saturn Aura cars over a transmission shift cable that could fail and cause the park gear not to fully engage.
- The NHTSA says it is taking a closer look at the Saturn Aura for potential transmission issues.
- Federal safety regulators are investigating problems with the automatic shift levers on several General Motors Co. cars that have caused at least seven crashes.
- Complaints to regulators and GM about crashes caused by gear-shift problems in '07 and '08 model year Saturn Auras sparked probe
- Safety regulators are investigating problems with the automatic shift levers on several General Motors Co. cars that have caused at least 7 crashes.