April 17, 2012
- Actually has a touch more steering feel and athleticism than we expected. Still, it’s difficult for a three-quarter-ton pickup to be truly involving.
- Richard Peterson bought a battery-and-gasoline-powered Chevrolet Volt three months ago, just as gas prices began to spike. Since then, he has managed to drive it on electric power only for his daily commute between home in Brentwood and work in Franklin. His total gasoline consumption the past 90 days has been a mere 1.2 gallons. The only thing electric and hybrid car enthusiasts need now is more Richard Petersons. Only the Toyota Prius has turned in stellar sales totals recently, finishing...
- The spy photographers over at Autoblog recently snapped this intriguing photo of what appears to be the next Chevrolet Impala SS.
- Hardware and software gains are expected to propel IBM's first quarter. The services unit results will be closely watched.
- Australians are supposed to be the world's burnout masters. Even the best make mistakes, like this aspiring hoon spinning his Holden Ute off the road and into a ditch.
April 14, 2012
- People like to throw around the word "sleeper" for almost any fast car that's less ostentatious than a Lambo. But this rusted, straight-from-the-farm late ‘50s Chevy pickup running 13s at the strip is in a different league altogether.
April 13, 2012
- Our old expletives are far from adequate to properly address the reality that is this Chevy Camaro on 32-inch wheels. We shall have to invent new ones. Flurgle this! Who the shmezzle would put 32-inch wheels on a glarking Camaro???
April 12, 2012
- So, at this point I’m supposed to regale all the faithful Flip This Car readers with an unlikely and slightly wacky auto adventure. For part four of the last series I entered my Buick Roadmaster in an SCCA Rallycross event, and to keep the fish-out-of-water spirit alive I turned to the Michigan Ice Racing Association (MIRA) for some winter time fun with the Mustang. With everyone telling me how dead I’d be trying to drive this car through the ice and snow, what better way to give everyone the...
April 11, 2012
- WXYZ, the local Detroit ABC affiliate, reports that there has been an explosion at a battery lab facility on the campus of GM's Technical Center in Warren. Two people have been injured and were taken to nearby hospitals and all employees have been evacuated from that building.
April 9, 2012
- It's original, it's rusty, and to us this barn find 1947 Chevrolet Suburban is undeniably cool. After a few decades spent in a Virginia barn this weathered example of the original SUV has been unearthed and is currently for sale on Ebay.
April 5, 2012
- The 2012 New York International Auto Show press days are in the history books. This year’s show had a great mix of everyman automobiles like the Chevrolet Impala, Lexus ES, and Ford Explorer Sport, along with supercars and concepts, like the all-new SRT Viper, Shelby 1000, and BMW i8 Concept Spyder.
- At the New York International Auto Show, Buick is showing its new Buick Enclave. For the 2013 model year, the three-row crossover gets new styling, safety technologies, in-vehicle connectivity, and a more refined driving experience, according to the company.
- Chevrolet has debuted a heavily revised Impala at the New York Auto Show. The rental car staple has gone from bland to beautiful with a heavy interior makeover that should really separate it from the field.
- As we told you earlier this morning, for almost 20 years the Chevy Impala has been synonymous with "rental" — a car more "Jackalope" than the southern African antelope it's named after. They've been boring and they've been beige — well, with the exception of a few years of the "SS" badge anyway. Until now.
- Last week we drove the 2012 GMC Sierra Denali 2500HD 4WD Crew Cab. Diesel fun!