October 25, 2012
- At the 2012 SEMA Show in Las Vegas, which takes place from October 30 to November 2, Chevrolet will be unveiling a sizeable collection of concepts, led by several versions of its diminutive Spark and Sonic compacts.
October 21, 2012
- I don't know about you, but I'd be okay with never seeing another '57 Chevy hot rod if I live to be 1,000 years old. But a Dodge business coupe? Why, yes. More »
October 19, 2012
- Mark January 13, 2013 on your calendar, because that’s when we’ll be getting our first official look at the all-new, seventh-generation Chevrolet Corvette. It’ll be debuting at the 2013 North American International Auto Show.
October 18, 2012
- Yeah, so you've seen the 2014 Corvette because we were the first to show you the C7 in all its uncovered glory. Now Corvette is confirming the obvious, releasing this image of the new crossed-flag badge and letting us know it'll debut on January 13, 2013 as part of the Detroit Auto Show. More »
- Ever since the dawn of luxury sport sedan time, the BMW 3-series has been your honors student cousin at the family Thanksgiving dinner. Audi, Mercedes, and, most recently, Cadillac have all tried to beat the 3-series at its own game, but in one way or the other, they have always come up short. More »
October 17, 2012
- This is the Morning Shift, our one-stop daily roundup of all the auto news that's actually important — all in one place at 9:00 AM. Or, you could spend all day waiting for other sites to parcel it out to you one story at a time. Isn't your time more important? More »
October 16, 2012
- A123 Systems, the company that builds the batteries for the Fisker Karma and for the upcoming Chevy Spark EV, has filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Protection, according to court documents. This is a major blow for the Obama administration, which has invested heavily in green energy with other companies like Solyndra that have gone bust. More »
- In home décor parlance, furnishings that are supposed to look kind of ratty are called distressed, while when the same is done to something that has four wheels and flies, it's called a Rat. Today's Nice Price or Crack Pipe Chevy S10 has been majorly ratted out, but will you think its price is too much cheese? More »
- The new 2013 Cayenne Turbo S is quite simple, really. It’s the most powerful SUV Porsche has ever produced, with 550 horsepower and 553 pound-feet of torque on tap. That colossal grunt can propel the Cayenne Turbo S to 60 miles per hour in a scant 4.3 seconds and onto a top speed of 175 miles per hour. Keep in mind that those numbers aren’t from a featherweight 911, but a big, all-wheel-drive SUV that can haul more than just golf bags.
October 13, 2012
- Opel has been the focus of a lot of squabbling inside GM as of late. The brand is underperforming and proving to be a pretty gigantic money pit. Analysts are telling GM to get rid of it as soon as humanly possible. More »
- The new Chevrolet Malibu Turbo is interesting mostly because of the "turbo" part of the name. But not for the reasons you'd think. When most of us think of "turbo" we still think of it in terms of fast and sporty, since that's what we grew up with. If a car was turbocharged in the 80s, then it was a sports car that had the word "TURBO" badged or decal'd on it in at least 60 places. Plus, there was that turbo button on our old 486 PCs, and we know how fast that was. More »
October 12, 2012
- Much as we like reviewing the newest sports cars, we love the classics just as much. Here's one in particular, an absolutely beautiful 1952 Buick Super, shot as the leaves change for Fall. More »
October 11, 2012
- Naming your car brand after the planet Saturn means that its products better run rings around the competition. The Honda engine in today's Nice Price or Crack Pipe Vue Red Line may make that possible, but does its price mean the seller can kiss Uranus? More »
- We recently had some seat time in the Chevrolet Equinox. While it’s not the newest of the CUV pack, Chevrolet has fit it with a 3.6-liter V-6 for 2013, giving it more than enough gusto to compete with the Hyundai Santa Fes and Ford Escapes of the world.
October 9, 2012
- Dick Eytchison is 68 and recovering from open heart surgery. That doesn't stop him from taking a classic '65 Chevy Malibu and then autocrossing it. Badass. More »