November 23, 2012
- General Motors said Wednesday that it will buy Ally Financial's operations in Europe, China and Latin America as it tries to build a global finance unit to make low-interest car loans and boost sales.
- General Motors said Wednesday that it will buy Ally Financial's operations in Europe, China and Latin America as it tries to build a global finance unit to make low-interest car loans and boost sales. The auto giant's U.S.
November 20, 2012
- We all love American cars, Japanese cars, European cars, and Australian cars, but nobody remembers African cars like the Chevrolet Firenza Can-Am and its Ford rival, the Capri Perana More »
- Two years after a wounded General Motors returned to the stock market, the symbol of American industrial might is thriving again.
November 18, 2012
- In honor of Formula One's return to the United States, the race's drivers will make their parade lap on steely American chariots glistening in the cool Austin sun. Vettel will take the pole in a 1962 Chevy Corvette with his teammate Mark Webber in a 1971 Buick GS400. More »
November 17, 2012
- Hong Kong's Phillip Yau, 40, is the latest casualty at the Macau Grand Prix. Yau crashed his Chevrolet Cruze today, in the second fatal accident in as many days. Portuguese motorcycle racer Luis Carreira died in a crash Thursday. More »
November 12, 2012
- Yesterday, a camouflaged version of the next generation 2014 Corvette appeared in Gran Turismo 5. Could the car debut in GT5 before it does in real life? More »
- Welcome to Used Car Face Off, where we find two similar or similarly priced used cars and ask you which one you would buy. Choose wisely! More »
November 6, 2012
- It's nearly impossible to make a statement when buying a large European luxury sedan. Buying an A8 instead of a 7-series doesn't mean you prefer dry humping to oral sex or anything of any significance. All it means is you're a rich person, you like big vehicles, you are never going to buy a Cadillac. More »
- The upshot of the Sentra’s cabin is mainly one of space. There’s an absolute surplus of room. With 37.4 inches of rear legroom, the compact Sentra actually bests the mid-size Altima sedan. It also packs more space for backseat passengers than a host of competitors (Toyota Corolla, Honda Civic, Mazda3, Chevy Cruze, Ford Focus, and Hyundai Elantra). The Sentra isn’t just extra legroom, but space in general. With 95.9 cubic feet of interior volume and 15.1 cubic feet of cargo volume, the Sentra...
- The amazing strength of Volvo cars and the amazing stupidity of people not paying attention were put on display Saturday when a Volvo drove in front of a propeller plane in the middle of a landing. The plane hit the Volvo and the car was fine. More »
November 2, 2012
- This Monster 4x4 Is A Terrible Waste Of A 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle SEMA brings many brilliant projects out of the woodwork every year, but it also produces a few abominations. This 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle monster 4x4 is one of them. These are nice cars in car form, and this frankenterror leaves me wondering if the mad scientist behind it can please put the poor thing back on its rightful rear wheel drive frame. Maybe I’m narrow minded, but I’ve never really understood turning things that were...
- This Mid-’60s Cadillac Coupe Is SEMA Hotness What a beautiful way to show off a pre-Malaise Cadillac’s broad expanses of sheet metal. Stripped down to bare metal, it gleams in a way that the most brilliant GM colors never could. To be honest, though, the loose wire brushing could have been done better. Cadillacs of this era are icons of the zenith of American capitalistic glory. They demand order. As such, a neat pattern of Spirit of St. Louis-esque swirls would have been more appropriate for...
November 1, 2012
- John Fitch was an incredible man— it’s that simple. He was a WWII pilot, highly accomplished racer, first manager of Chevrolet’s Corvette racing team, and designed and sold some stunning Corvair variants. When he was 87, he even tried to break some speed records at Bonneville in a 50 year-old Mercedes-Benz Gullwing. On top of all that, the man was a safety pioneer as well, inventing the Fitch Barrier, those yellow barrels full of sand we’ve all seen on highways and along...
October 30, 2012
- Cadillac has been producing some really fantastic sedans as of late. We’ve been fans of the CTS (particularly the monstrous V-badged version) for some time now. Recently, we fell head-over-heels in love with the brand’s new compact sedan, the ATS. Now, Cadillac has seen fit to toss us the key fob to its large XTS, and let us draw our own conclusions. We can tell you, without giving too much away in the first paragraph, that this car really honors the marque’s new tradition of thoroughly...