August 15, 2013
- The NART Cadillac Zagato was the most awesome Eldorado Mark VII ever built. Here's what happened.Read more...
- The 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray promises to be a great car for enthusiasts both on the streets and on the track. This is further evidenced by the types and amount of available useful information for drivers focused on speed and performance. In fact, the eight-inch LCD display in the instrument cluster can give details from 69 unique sources.
- To some of us, Jay Leno is known more for his impressive car collection and knowledge than for his chin or his jokes, and that combination of passion and fame often gets him seat time in some pretty special cars. Most recently, General Motors gave Leno the honor of being the first person outside the company to test drive the 2014 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28.
August 7, 2013
- If you're in the market for a harsh riding performance sedan, might I suggest the 1992 Buick LeSabre?Read more...
- General Motors will invest a total of $350 million and add or retain at least 1,800 jobs at its Spring Hill, Tenn., assembly plant to support two new vehicles, the automaker said Tuesday.
- If I wore a hat, it would be off to Dr. G. Mustafa Mohatarem, the chief economist for General Motors, who is one of the first people in the auto industry to use common sense when talking about why kids aren't buying cars. Read more...
- With lower-cost options entering the electric vehicle market, General Motors has slashed $5000 off the price of the Chevrolet Volt range-extended electric vehicle. The 2014 Volt will have a lowered MSRP of $34,995 (including destination charges). Factor in the $7500 tax credit, and the Volt’s entry price sinks to $27,495—which is a lot easier of a pill to swallow.
- Daniel Akerson, electrical engineer and finance man by training, Naval officer by decree, executive by design, and, since 2010, General Motors CEO almost by default.
- General Motors is knocking 12.5 percent off the Chevrolet Volt's sticker price as it tries to better compete with electric car rivals. The automaker says the 2014 Volt now will start at $34,995 including shipping - $5,000 less than the current model.
- General Motors is poised to announce on Tuesday a previously promised $350 million expansion of its Spring Hill vehicle assembly line and perhaps as many as 2,000 additional jobs to build two new vehicles at the facility, which had been mostly shuttered in late 2009.
July 26, 2013
- Chevrolet has authorized Callaway to build the GT3 version of the C7 Corvette for FIA competition.
- General Motors stock would have to sell for $95.51 per share for the U.S. government to break even on bailing out the company, according to a government watchdog's report Wednesday.
July 24, 2013
- Ford and General Motors will report this week that essentially all their global profits are again coming from North America, where low interest rates, affluent baby boomers and Americans' rekindled passion for pickup trucks have pushed the average price of a new vehicle above $31,000.
July 21, 2013
- Chomping at the bit to drive the new Stingray? Yeah, we are too. Hennessey Performance, though, apparently can’t sit still and wait, and has gone ahead and announced its HPE700 Corvette, slated to debut before Chevrolet can come out with its hi-po Corvette ZR1.
July 15, 2013
- Despite the vast quantities of Toyota Camrys which inhabit the modern American boulevard, it can be argued that the automotive world is currently undergoing one of the biggest performance booms it has ever seen. After a brief absence in the previous decade, the Chevy Camaro is once again fighting off the Ford Mustang- a car which can now supposedly top 200 miles an hour (at least in Shelby form). Across the Pacific Ocean, the Japanese have resurrected the inexpensive RWD sports car in the form...