July 30, 2012
- Earlier today, Chevrolet announced that the new Camaro 1LE can do a lap around the Grand Course at Virginia International Raceway in 2:58.34.
- Yesterday, General Motors fired its chief marketing officer, Joel Ewanick, saying he failed to live up to the company's "expectations." Those expectations seem to be related to GM's recent deal to sponsor Manchester United, the world's richest sports team.
July 29, 2012
- General Motors is parting ways with its Chief Marketing Officer Joel Ewanick, sources tell Automotive News, ending the approximately two-year tenure of the sometimes controversial exec's term.
- Choices in the "vehicle with a sliding roof over the cargo area" category are pretty limited. There are only two cars in history to offer such a feature – the Studebaker Wagonaire and the GMC Envoy XUV, but both can be had on eBay for under $14,000.
July 28, 2012
- Blasting through rally stages in an Evo. Guys and gals tuning up their Eclipses. Insane lap times in Gran Turismo 2.
July 27, 2012
- Creepy vans carrying offers of free candy may be an Internet stereotype, but today's Nice Price or Crack Pipe General Lee Chevy van does make the idea of the Duke Boys seem wildly inappropriate. Will you think its price is too?
July 26, 2012
- Chevrolet will use a new Corvette as this year's pace car for the Brickyard 400. The Corvette ZO6 will be driven by Hollywood star Ron Howard and will top out at 198 mph.
- In 2010, NASCAR introduced a new car for their minor league Nationwide Series and encouraged the manufacturers to use muscle car bodies.
July 25, 2012
- Toyota bounced back from safety recalls and natural disasters, selling 4.97 million vehicles globally in the first half of the year to retake its crown as the world's top automaker from General Motors Co.
July 24, 2012
- This fall, Ford will begin selling the C-MAX Energi, the plug-in version of its hybrid utility vehicle. Ford claims that it will be able to travel 20 miles in electric only mode, putting it ahead of the Prius plug-in and not far behind the much smaller Chevrolet Volt.
- The Brazilian subsidiary of General Motors Co. says it has temporarily shut down its eight production units near Sao Paulo amid fears of imminent mass dismissals.
- Zipcar, the urban car sharing platform, has become so popular over the last few years that a number of similar ventures have popped up. Even OnStar users can now rent their cars out by the hour.
July 23, 2012
- No matter how many times they have claimed they had it, Cadillac has never actually made a BMW 3-Series killer.
- The famous, inimitable, and dangerous Nürburgring is in a heap of financial trouble and looks to be entering bankruptcy.
- Auto scribes are rarely the creative type and we're all easily led to follow the storyline laid out for us by the car companies. In the case of the Cadillac ATS that story line is "has Cadillac beaten the 3-series?" Go ahead and read some other reviews. They'll almost all start out with a variation on that theme.