February 12, 2015
- The Chevy Colorado has much of the truck world excited—although it is getting old waiting for the diesel four-cylinder coming in 2016—and at the 2015 Chicago Auto Show, Chevy is giving truck buyers just a little more: the GearOn Special Edition. DON’T MISS: 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor Revealed With EcoBoost V-6 And 10-Speed Auto...
- The drop in gas prices has helped spur sales of full-size pickup trucks, but Chevy is looking to carve out a niche in the segment – nice, but not too nice – with its new Silverado Custom introduced at the Chicago Auto Show. To see more, go to TheDetroitBureau.com.
- The world of the crossover is as popular as it is cutthroat, especially with the luxury manufacturers entering size classes—and price classes—once left to the mainstream. The 2016 Chevrolet Equinox seeks to refresh the current model with updated styling and new features, as will be unveiled later today at the 2015 Chicago Auto Show. A...
February 11, 2015
- General Motors’ board of directors is almost certain to reject the recent demands by the leader of a bloc of four hedge funds to repurchase $8 billion in stock and a seat on the company's board of directors. Go to TheDetroitBureau.com to find out why.
February 10, 2015
- While Brady played a key role in guiding the New England Patriots to a 28-24 win, the heroics of cornerback Malcolm Butler saved the Patriots from near-certain defeat at the hands of the Seattle Seahawks and power running back Marshawn Lynch in the game's final seconds.
- A group of four heavyweight hedge funds that controls 2.1% of the General Motors’ shares wants a seat on the automaker’s board of directors and a change in company policy requiring a steep increase in share buy backs. To get the details, go to TheDetroitBureau.com.
- General Motors confirmed Tuesday that a former adviser to the Obama administration's auto industry task force is seeking nomination to the company's board of directors, as well as an $8 billion share buy-back.
- The 2016 Cadillac ATS-V promises to pack some serious performance punch in a stylish, luxurious package—and now you can order your very own, starting today. The Dubai police fleet has decided to strut its stuff with lights flashing and engines roaring—and it’s a truly impressive, if somewhat terrifying, display. If you’ve...
- Despite the passing of the Jan. 31 deadline to file claims, the number of claims – and deaths – associated with General Motors’ vehicles with faulty ignition switches continued to rise this week, including the number of deaths, which now stands at 52. For more, go to TheDetroitBureau.com.
- Cadillac dealers have begun accepting orders for the ATS-V, which General Motors has billed as the brand's inaugural luxury compact performance car.
- The hottest new sedan from Cadillac is almost here: the order books for the 2016 Cadillac ATS-V are now open. While we’ll have to wait another month or so to get our hands on one (and shake it around by the scruff of the neck), those looking to purchase their own ATS-V can now get a place in line. DON'T MISS: Hear The 2016 Cadillac ATS-V...
- For those who want a compact track with the sort of rugged capabilities normally associated with full-size models, Chevrolet plans to roll out the Colorado GearOn Edition at the Chicago Auto Show later this week. A closer look from TheDetroitBureau.com.
February 9, 2015
- With deadline to file passed, the number of approved death compensation claims related to a recall of a faulty General Motors ignition switch has risen to 52.
- It was the best of times. It was the worst of times … or, when describing General Motors’ sales results in China last month, it was a subpar time. GM sales in China fell 2.4% in January while Ford hit a record number with a 19% jump. For more, go to TheDetroitBureau.com.
- The 2016 Chevrolet Camaro won’t be a dramatic departure from the current car in its styling; that’s already been confirmed by insiders working on the project. But it will differ in many of the details, and one of those details is the headlights. It’s not clear how the headlights, posted to Camaro5 forums, were acquired, or if...