March 27, 2014
- The new 2015 Chevrolet Suburban has a lot of history behind it. That history includes being the segment leader and the new iteration looks like it will be retaining that title. With a new exterior design, improved ride-and-handling as well as fuel economy, it sets the bar again. To see our first drive, head over to TheDetroitBureau.com.
March 26, 2014
- The idea that General Motors might establish a fund to deal handle settlement payouts related to its ignition switch recall took on new life today when Barclays analyst Brian Johnson suggested the maker could set up a fund with as much as $3 billion. To get more insight on the fund, go to TheDetroitBureau.com.
- General Motors Co. CEO Mary Barra isn’t shying away from the public eye regarding the recall of 1.6 million vehicles due to faulty ignition switches. In fact, she’s propelling herself into it. The Detroit-based automaker today posted five videos of Barra discussing consumers’ concerns about the vehicles on its electronic news magazine Fastlane and launched a consumer web address dedicated to the recall.
- Cadillac's last advert for its ELR range-extended electric coupe was... polarizing, to put it mildly. Called "Poolside", its lead character is either loved or hated depending on what kind of American you see yourself as. Actor Neil McDonough portrayed a man who'd probably sell his own mother if it meant getting the life, job and car he wanted, and...
- General Motors CEO Mary Barra is spending time in the automaker's call center listening to customer complaints. The new CEO spent about a half hour last Thursday wearing a headset at the suburban Detroit center and will return there periodically.
- Anyone who buys a 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray can sign up for a two-day program at the Ron Fellows Performance Driving School near Las Vegas and receive a $1,500 discount. That means you have to pay just $1,000 to learn how to get the most out of your Vette as well as how not to see it end up ruined when conditions aren’t so great. MUST...
- The controversy surrounding the handling of General Motors’ recall of 1.6 million vehicles prompted Sens. Edward Markey, D-Mass., and Richard Blumenthal, D-Conn., to introduce legislation revising the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s Early Warning System. To get the details, go to TheDetroitBureau.com.
March 25, 2014
- In wake of numerous investigations into General Motors Co. recalling 1.6 million vehicles, two U.S. senators today introduced legislation to require automakers to provide more information to federal regulators in fatal crashes.
- Recently retired racing driver Dario Franchitti, a three-time Indianapolis 500 winner and four-time IndyCar champion, will be pacing this year’s ‘Greatest Spectacle in Racing’ from behind the wheel of a 2014 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28. Franchitti’s appearance at the Indy 500 signals a new start after his career-ending crash last...
- Buick may have a reputation for squareness, but it's getting hip to the latest in-car mobile technology. The brand known for geriatric customers will join Chevrolet and Cadillac as the third General Motors brand to offer 4G LTE connectivity. Buick made the announcement at the 2014 DENT Conference. The system--known as OnStar 4G LTE--will give...
- ADAC Automotive receives the award from GM for the fifth time.
- General Motors knew about a defect in its ignition switches eight years ago and changed the design of an internal part, but never told federal regulators or the drivers of its cars, according to a lawsuit filed by the parents of woman who died in a GM car crash in 2010. To see what GM did, please go to TheDetroitBureau.com.
March 24, 2014
- Already facing an assortment of investigations into its handling of a deadly ignition switch problem, including a criminal probe by the U.S. Justice Department, General Motors is facing a number of potentially costly law suits, including one that accuses it of securities fraud. For details, go to TheDetroitBureau.com.
March 23, 2014
- If you've been eagerly sitting in front of your computer waiting to price out a new Escalade, your wait is over. Also... you're weird. The 2015 Cadillac Escalade configurator is up and running, which means you can play around and shock yourself with just how expensive these beastly Caddies can get. Our own Escalade was priced to just under $90,000...
March 22, 2014
- DETROIT, MI- General Motors Co. today announced a new special edition package for its 2014 Cadillac ATS.The limited edition option – called the Crimson Sport Edition – features signature exterior styling and a collection of performance attributes, including an available...