August 7, 2014
- Cadillac’s current CTS sedan was all-new last year but that hasn’t stopped designers from adding a few updates for the 2015 model year. The biggest of these updates is the revised grille, which now sports Cadillac’s famous crest logo without the classic laurel wreaths. The updated logo also features on the 2015 ATS and will...
August 6, 2014
- Several nameplates on the road today have been around for decades now, but the cars on modern dealer forecourts are a far cry from their historic predecessors. Among the best-known are the Ford Mustang, Chevrolet Corvette, BMW 3-Series and Honda Accord--and the eBay Motors blog has created a string of images that show how both styling and size...
August 5, 2014
- General Motors Co. today announced the highly-anticipated pricing of its 2015 Chevrolet Colorado. The new midsize pickup will start at $20,995, including $895 dealer freight charge, for a standard extended-cab model with a 200-horsepower 2.5-liter, four cylinder engine and six-speed manual transmission. Other models will start as high as roughly $35,000 when the vehicle arrives in dealerships in the fall.
- General Motors Co. today reconfirmed its plans to offer more vehicles with diesel engines in the U.S. Without giving an exact timeline, Steve Kiefer, GM vice president of global powertrain, said diesel is a growing segment in the U.S. and the Detroit-based automaker plans to be a competitor.
- From July 3 through July 6, a brigade of between 10,000-15,000 classic American cars – from Fords to Chevrolets, to Cadillacs and Pontiacs – filled the city of Vasteras, Sweden.
- Companies such as General Motors Co. and manufacturing software provider Plex Systems are testing the hands-free, head-mounted intelligent devices for different uses in manufacturing, research and development.
- Another day, another Hennessey-tuned super machine putting down ridiculous power... not that we're complaining, mind you. The latest machine to get the HPE treatment is the new Chevrolet Camaro Z/28. From the factory, the LS7-equipped Z/28 sees 500 horsepower and 470 pound-feet of torque on tap. Hennessey and his team can get a bit more than that...
August 4, 2014
- The second annual award, presented by Troy-based Altair and the Center for Automotive Research, was presented to the British automaker for the development and implementation of its premium lightweight architecture design concept on the latest Range Rover vehicles. It beat out 10 other lightweighting technologies from other automakers and suppliers on different vehicles – ranging from outer body panels on the Corvette to optimized instrument panel for the Jeep Cherokee.
- An explosion at a factory in China that supplies products to General Motors killed 75 people on Saturday. The company acts as a supplier to Dicastal: a GM supplier. GM officials told TheDetroitBureau.com today that it does not expect it to have an impact on the automaker's production. For more details, go to TheDetroitBureau.com.
August 1, 2014
- Detroit automakers reported solid U.S. sales gains in July, led by crossovers and sport utility vehicles. Chrysler led the way for the Detroit Three, with sales jumping 20 percent for the month, followed by Ford Motor Co. up 10 percent and General Motors Co. with a 9 percent uptick.
- Despite its ongoing recall crisis, General Motors Co. experienced strong sales gains in July. The Detroit-based automaker today reported it sold 256,160 vehicles last month in the U.S., up 9.4 percent compared to July 2013. Retail sales – those to individual customers – were up 4 percent. Commercial deliveries were up 69 percent and all other fleet deliveries were up 21 percent.
- Grab your meat products and get ready to roast them. This McLaren MP4-12C is providing the flames. Plenty of them. While it’s not an actual barbecue—like this guy roasting a turkey with an Aventador, or like the actual grill attached to this eight-wheeled Cadillac Eldorado with a hot tub—it’s certainly ready to become one...
- The F Sport models will play a bigger role at Lexus going forward. After seeing success with the IS 250 and IS 350 F Sports, Lexus is expanding the line-up to include the NX crossover and RX coupe. The F Sport competes with Mercedes' AMG, BMW's M-Series and even Cadillac's V-Sport models, according to TheDetroitBureau.com.
July 31, 2014
- One of the questions surrounding the faulty ignition switch controversy at General Motors is when did the automaker know there was a problem? It may have been at least seven years ago. Two rental car companies told GM to investigate fatal crashes where the airbags in the vehicles did not deploy. For more, go to TheDetroitBureau.com.
- Cars are remarkably dumb and uncommunicative objects. They only started having any situational awareness of what's around them--other vehicles in the blind spot, for instance--a few years ago. And they still don't talk to each other. Electric cars--which usually pioneer a whole lot of technology--may be the first to get chatty. A consortium of...