May 15, 2015
- Chevrolet expecting at least 1,000 people to turn out for the official debut of the sixth-generation Chevrolet Camaro. The 2016 model is generating a lot of buzz and Chevy's created a website for fans who cannot attend the reveal. For more, go to TheDetroitBureau.com.
- Entourage the movie will be airing in a theater near you June 3, and one of the stars of the show will actually be a car, in this case Cadillac’s stunning Ciel four-door convertible that we first saw back in 2011. A previous trailer for the movie showed the Ciel driven by Ken Dillon’s character Johnny ‘Drama’ Chase (don't...
- On Saturday the latest incarnation of one of General Motors' signature pony cars will be unveiled where the first was launched almost 50 years ago.
May 14, 2015
- Dubai’s ever-growing police fleet includes everything from a humble Mustang right up to million-dollar autos such as the Aston Martin One-77 and Bugatti Veyron. Now it’s also got a pickup, in this case a 2015 GMC Sierra. This photo was uploaded to the Twitter feed of a Dubai police spokesman, revealing that the GMC pickup has been...
- Warren Mayor Jim Fouts said General Motors' Technical Center there has brought further economic development to his city, and with a $1 billion investment announced Thursday, it's only expected to accelerate.
- Jeep plans to launch a large, luxurious SUV to take on the likes of the Cadillac Escalade, Land Rover Range Rover, Lincoln Navigator and Mercedes-Benz GL-Class, according to Sergio Marchionne, the CEO of Jeep parent company Fiat Chrysler Automobiles [NYSE:FCAU]. This will be a new SUV positioned above the full-size Grand Wagoneer that Jeep plans...
- GM's spending spree on facility upgrades continues saying it will spend $1 billion to improve its 326-acre technical center just outside of Detroit. The maker plans to spend $5.4 billion over three years at sites around the U.S. For details, go to TheDetroitBureau.com.
- General Motors announced Thursday it is investing $1 billion at its Warren Technical Center and adding about 2,600 jobs as part of upgrades and new construction at the 326-acre campus.
May 13, 2015
- General Motors is set to make a "major announcement" at its Warren Technical Center on Thursday morning, the Detroit automaker said in an email Wednesday.
- Opel’s new Astra, set for a debut at September’s 2015 Frankfurt Auto Show, will offer some technology that at present is only found on luxury models from the likes of Audi and Mercedes-Benz. The new technology is Matrix LED headlights, which allows you to drive at night with your high-beams left permanently on and not blind other...
- General Motors is recalling more than 520,000 Malibus, Chevy Colorados and GMC Canyon midsize pickup trucks for seat belt and seat frame problems. The two problems have resulted in one injury. To get the details, go to TheDetroitBureau.com.
May 12, 2015
- General Motors is recalling nearly 470,000 Chevrolet Malibu midsize cars to fix potentially weakened steel cables that link the front seat belts to the vehicles.
- The 2016 Chevrolet Camaro hasn’t even been shown yet but there’s already talk about the first special edition model. The sixth-generation Camaro debuts this weekend, and a trademark filing made by General Motors Company [NYSE:GM] may hint at one of the car’s new special editions. The trademark filing, which was first spotted on...
May 11, 2015
- It takes more than just a big engine to make a muscle car like the 2016 Chevrolet Camaro go fast. Chevy is offering a revealing new teaser of the '16 Camaro - and some background on the extensive wind tunnel work it took to get it ready for production. More from TheDetroitBureau.com.
- Buick has made the move to trademark "Avenir" with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. That's the name affixed to the rather surprising concept vehicle that was shown at the 2015 Detroit Auto Show and hinted at a potential range-topping sedan from the brand. This is a shapely machine that could also pave the way for future Buick styling moves...