November 13, 2013
- Each of the automakers -- Ford Motor Co., General Motors Co. and Toyota Motor Corp. -- and the Jackson County racing organization donated $10,000 as part of the new MIS Michigan Heritage Trophy, which Chevrolet, Ford and Toyota competed for as part of the Pure Michigan 400 in August.
- General Motors Co. said Wednesday that it will move its international headquarters from Shanghai to Singapore, a trophy for the tropical city-state that is aggressively promoting itself as a global business center.
- The U.S. government’s steady sale of its remaining shares of General Motors stock continued last month, according to the Treasury Department, as it sold $1.2 billion of its holdings. The government is still on track to lose about $9.7 billion on the shares. For more, go to TheDetroitBureau.com.
November 12, 2013
- Two special custom Chevrolet Camaros will do their bit for charity in January following an appearance at the recent SEMA show in Las Vegas. Designed by Jack 'Doc' Watson and inspired by Linda Vaughn, proceeds from each LV-1 Camaro sold at auction will go towards The International Kids Alliance Network--a charity dedicated to exciting teaching...
- The all-new Chevrolet Colorado will makes its world debut next week at the 2013 LA Auto Show, according to General Motors Co. The Detroit-based automaker today released a second teaser photo of the truck and said that the mid-size pickup truck will debut Nov. 20.
- The 2014 Chevrolet SS muscle sedan has just gone on sale, priced from $44,470. For that sum, you get a roomy, well-equipped sedan with a 415-horsepower V-8 spinning the rear wheels. Unfortunately, there are only two options available, and neither involves adding more power under the hood. Those options include a power sunroof and a full-size...
November 11, 2013
- Subaru has released the first photo of its 2015 WRX, which the automaker has confirmed for a reveal at the 2013 Los Angeles Auto Show next week. Thankfully, the car appears much more like the recent WRX concept than spy shots of prototypes would have you believe. A firm by the name of Quanta has shown a C6 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 concept car...
- This is it--our final nominee for Motor Authority's Best Car To Buy 2014 award. Have we saved the best for last? Maybe. There's certainly no denying the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray's prowess. It's a beast of a car, and, in our experience, the best production American sports car in history. It's the whole package. As we noted in our first...
- Automakers have recently discovered a very good way of helping gearheads over their natural mistrust of hybrid vehicles: Making them incredibly powerful. Next year will see the debuts of McLaren's P1, Ferrari's LaFerrari and Porsche's 918 Spyder--hybrids one and all. While not an official factory product and now based on an older model, Quanta's...
- One trend that’s giving Detroit’s Big Three automakers a real lift is that their most loyal customers are now buying more expensive, luxury oriented pickup trucks. And no new model hits the target more head-on than the 2014 GMC Sierra Denali. Here's TheDetroitBureau.com's review.
- The 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray is more than a car. It’s more than steel, carbon fiber and parts. It’s Americana.
November 10, 2013
- In honor of Veterans Day, General Motors Co. held a special ceremony with two very unique guests. The Detroit-based automaker Thursday hosted Navajo Code Talkers Peter MacDonald, Sr., of Tuba City, Arizona and Bill Toledo, of Laguna, New Mexico, at its Technical Center in Warren for a ''fireside chat.''
November 9, 2013
- The Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon will look “wildly different” from one another and their full-size counterparts, according to General Motors Co. Executive Vice President and President of North America Mark Reuss.
- The Detroit-based automaker announced Uwe Ellinghaus to the new position of chief marketing officer, Global Cadillac. In the position, Ellinghaus will lead global strategic marketing and brand building. His appointment is effective January 1.
November 8, 2013
- General Motors Co. this week celebrated Motor Trend magazine awarding the 2014 Cadillac CTS its prestigious ''Car of the Year'' award with hundreds of Michigan employees.