October 29, 2014
- The Michigan Economic Development Corporation approved an incentive for a Lansing area auto supplier at its meeting Tuesday.
- Chevrolet will unveil its second-generation Volt extended-range electric car at the 2015 Detroit Auto Show in January, but it appears the automaker just couldn’t help itself from dropping a few details early. Prototypes spotted in the wild show only evolutionary changes for the exterior, but underneath the sheet metal the changes will be...
October 28, 2014
- The number of approved death compensation claims related to a recall of a faulty General Motors ignition switch has risen to 30.
- General Motors CEO Mary Barra said Tuesday that the Detroit automaker plans to spend almost $300 million in Michigan from now to the end of the year as it ramps up production of the next-generation Chevrolet Volt and other vehicles.
- Here’s a car that just might have the ability to appease fans from both Chevrolet and Ford. It’s called Helleanor, and it’s a 1967 Ford Mustang packing a 2,000-horsepower Chevy small-block. Oh, it also features a pair of massive turbos located where the grille normally sits, so if you see those shiny snails in your rearview best...
- General Motors CEO Mary Barra plans to announce further commitment to Michigan-based engineering and manufacturing at a Detroit Economic Club luncheon Tuesday in Detroit.
- The boss of Holden, Gerry Dorizas, has called it quits just eight months after taking up the reins, hinting at further signs of trouble for the Australian automaker. Dorizas joined Holden on March 1 and was its fifth boss in just six years. In a statement, Holden said Dorizas has left the company to “pursue other opportunities, effective...
October 27, 2014
- While GM isn’t expected to reveal its next-generation Chevrolet Volt plug-in hybrid until next January, the automaker will offer up a few select details during a speech by CEO Mary Barra later today. More from TheDetroitBureau.com.
- The number of deaths attributable to General Motors’ faulty ignition switch in 2.6 million recalled vehicles has risen to 29 from 27. The count has steadily increased since Aug. 1, when the maker acknowledged 13 deaths. Feinberg approved the claims for 27 injuries. To get more information about the approvals, please go to TheDetroitBureau.com.
October 24, 2014
- General Motors is not legally responsible for botching a last-ditch 200 million euro deal that could have spared Swedish car manufacturer Saab from bankruptcy liquidation, according to a federal appeals court ruling.
October 23, 2014
- With a twin-turbocharged V-8 and a promised 2,000 horsepower, the Trion Nemesis supercar sounds enticing, but—like so many other upstart supercars—it also sounds like vaporware. Yet its creators appear to be moving ahead with production plans. MUST SEE: Crashed 2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Spotted In Chicago: Video Trion Supercars first...
- General Motors hosts a conference call to discuss its third quarter results at 10 a.m. We're live-blogging that call in the comments section below. Feel free to ask questions, add insight or simply follow along.
- Battered by recalls and facing challenges in markets as diverse as China, Russia and South America, General Motors nonetheless managed to beat expectations with its third-quarter earnings report, though revenues fell short. More from TheDetroitBureau.com.
- The all-new 2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 hasn’t even gone on sale yet but already a crashed example has been spotted. The sorry-looking Z06 was spotted on a flatbed in Chicago and is likely the same car that crashed on the Nürburgring late last month. ALSO SEE: 2015 Chevy Corvetet Z06 Crashed At The 'Ring Chevrolet engineers were testing...
October 22, 2014
- General Motors is aiming to bolster its green credentials by installing a huge solar array that will be visible from the well-traveled Ohio Turnpike outside the company’s big assembly plant in Lordstown, Ohio. The new 2.2 megawatt array will be the maker's largest array in North America. For more, please go to TheDetroitBureau.com.