April 18, 2013
- The Environmental Protection Agency-rated highway mileage, which is higher than expected, makes it the best highway fuel economy of any non-hybrid passenger car in America.
April 17, 2013
- Looking back on Buick's history makes it a bit difficult to correlate the brand with the present, but that's bound to happen to some degree over the course of 110 years. In celebration of the anniversary, Buick has released 11 photos of special cars, along with a few details on each. You can find them in the gallery above. With recent additions to...
- General Motors Co.'s Buick brand will celebrate its 110th anniversary this year. And although the once Flint-based company has changed a bit since David Dunbar Buick founded it as an automotive company, it has managed to survive and be recognized as one of the oldest brands in the world.
- The 2014 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28, which caused waves during its surprise debut at the 2013 New York International Auto Show last month, arrived at Germany’s famed Nurburgring this week for testing.
April 16, 2013
- The Flint Engine Operations builds the 1.4-liter engine that goes into the Chevrolet Cruze.
- The trucks will replace the aging Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon. Mark Reuss, GM's North American president, said Tuesday that the trucks will be able to do 95 percent of the work that a big truck can do.
- General Motors is counting down for the launch of two all-new midsize pickups which will likely reach showrooms in time for the 2015 model-year. But don't just think of these as updates of the old Chevrolet Canyon and GMC Colorado, hints GM Pres. Mark Reuss. TheDetroitBureau.com has more on what that suggests.
- In total, GM said it posted sales of more than 2.36 million in the first quarter of 2013, an increase of 3.6 percent, outpacing the industry which was up 1.5 percent, compared with the same period in 2012.
- Generating almost exactly half of its parent’s worldwide total, Chevrolet posted sales of 1.18 million vehicles during the first quarter of 2013, its 10th consecutive quarterly record – despite the continuing slide of the European automotive market. TheDetroitBureau.com takes a closer look at the numbers.
- The General Motors Foundation -- the Detroit-based automaker's charitable arm -- provided a $350,000 grant to the DSO for music education initiatives, including its involvement in the ''Spring for Music'' festival that showcases five symphony orchestras from across North America. The DSO is the first orchestra invited to perform two programs during the event, officials said.
- Ward’s Auto is back with its annual list of the ten best car interiors, which this year has been picked from an original field of 46 contenders. To be eligible, the cars needed to be all-new or feature significantly updated interiors. While last year there was a definite mix of automakers on the list, in 2013 it is Asian brands that have...
April 15, 2013
- It's tax day, so what better day to start daydreaming of ways to spend that fat refund check than speccing out your very own 2014 Chevy Corvette? That's now possible, thanks to the detailed order guide released today. The order guide is a dealer-side document with package codes, detailed descriptions of options and packages--much more informative...
- While on most cars, paddle shifters located behind the steering wheel usually enable a driver to change a car’s gears, but as we’ve seen on some electrified vehicles, designers have used the handy paddles for a very different function. Take the new 2014 Cadillac ELR extended-range electric car, for example. The ELR’s paddle...
- General Motors and Ford Motor Co. have formed an unusual alliance designed to help them meet increasing stringent fuel-economy standards by jointly development a new 10-speed automatic transmission. As TheDetroitBureau.com reports, it's just the latest in a growing series of alliances between erstwhile competitors aimed at improving quality, performance and fuel economy.
- Ford and General Motors will jointly develop new nine- and ten-speed automatic transmissions, marking the third time this decade that the two auto giants have collaborated on such a project. Previous developments included six- and eight-speed automatics used across dozens of vehicles from Ford Motor Company [NYSE:F] and General Motors Company...