February 24, 2015
- The number of approved death compensation claims related to a recall of a faulty General Motors ignition switch has risen to 57. They stood at 56 last week.
February 23, 2015
- According to Kelley Blue Book's website traffic data, traffic to the Cadillac website pages rose 27 percent during the first hour after the spots aired. The visits then fell off fairly quickly, though.
- A day after giving the world a first, quick glimpse of its upcoming CT6 flagship sedan, Cadillac is offering still more information about its future product plans. The new CT6 will get a twin-turbo V8 to allow to keep pace with Mercedes-Benz S63 AMG. Go to TheDetroitBureau.com.
- While the Super Bowl has long been a favorite place for automakers to make a splash, the Cadillac elected to go another route: the Oscars. The brand debuted its new CT6 flagship in a commercial during the show last night. For details, go to TheDetroitBureau.com.
- The 2016 Cadillac CT6 has been partially revealed in a new television spot that first aired during the televised programming for the Oscars. The new full-size sedan officially makes its debut on April 1 at the 2015 New York Auto Show. Mercedes-Benz is previewing a potential four-wheeled version of its insane G63 AMG 6x6 with a concept debuting at...
- In a about five weeks, General Motors will unveil the Cadillac CT6, an all-new, top-of-the-line luxury sedan at the New York International Auto Show.
- There were some big winners at the Daytona 500 -- including both Busch brothers. Kyle suffered a compound leg fracture but Kurt was suspended indefinitely due to a domestic violence incident and, as TheDetroitBureau.com reports, Chevy has suspended its sponsorship of the 2004 Daytona champ.
February 22, 2015
- After initially disappointing with a new television commercial showing no cars, Cadillac has now released a follow-up ad that gives us a brief glimpse at the brand’s upcoming CT6 full-size sedan. The new CT6 is scheduled for its world debut at the 2015 New York Auto Show in April but you can see it in the ad above, which aired tonight during...
February 20, 2015
- Apparently struggling to find an original angle, Cadillac has decided not to show any actual cars in its latest ad. Set to run during the Academy Awards broadcast on ABC this Sunday, "The Arena" features people walking in slow motion around New York City (where Cadillac recently moved its headquarters) to a reading of President Theodore...
- General Motors has recruited a veteran of the oil industry to serve as its next general counsel. Craig Glidden is replacing the retiring Michael Millikin, who had held the post for the last five years. Head over to TheDetroitBureau.com to get the rest of the story.
February 19, 2015
- Where are the rocks and trees? A new ad campaign from Cadillac takes a big detour from the traditional automotive marketing approach. Rather than focus on one of the luxury maker’s products, it picks up on one of the more inspiring speeches delivered by President Theodore Roosevelt back in 1910. More from TheDetroitBureau.com.
February 18, 2015
- Now, you wouldn't think pitting three of America's most powerful cars against each other on a public road would be a good idea—and you'd be right. MUST WATCH: Drifting On Ice With The Porsche 918: Video For three-pedal fans keeping score at home, each of these drivers is rowing his own gears, and each of these beasts—a 2015 Chevrolet...
- The Massachusetts Institute of Technology has included car-to-car communication among 10 "Breakthrough Technologies for 2015," and given General Motors a nod in the process.
- After securing an important court victory in January, General Motors is on the precipice of a potentially devastating loss as the federal bankruptcy judge that approved the maker’s plan is rethinking the company’s liability shield. To see if GM can keep the shield, go to TheDetroitBureau.com.
February 17, 2015
- According to Motor Trend, the engineers at Chevrolet have a hankerin' to dial in some more handling to the SS sedan. Apparently they've already mapped out what it would take to give the car the same handling upgrade that's been created for the Camaro 1LE (the two cars share a Zeta platform after all). This includes a move to a square stance for...