October 24, 2014
- General Motors is not legally responsible for botching a last-ditch 200 million euro deal that could have spared Swedish car manufacturer Saab from bankruptcy liquidation, according to a federal appeals court ruling.
October 23, 2014
- With a twin-turbocharged V-8 and a promised 2,000 horsepower, the Trion Nemesis supercar sounds enticing, but—like so many other upstart supercars—it also sounds like vaporware. Yet its creators appear to be moving ahead with production plans. MUST SEE: Crashed 2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Spotted In Chicago: Video Trion Supercars first...
- General Motors hosts a conference call to discuss its third quarter results at 10 a.m. We're live-blogging that call in the comments section below. Feel free to ask questions, add insight or simply follow along.
- Battered by recalls and facing challenges in markets as diverse as China, Russia and South America, General Motors nonetheless managed to beat expectations with its third-quarter earnings report, though revenues fell short. More from TheDetroitBureau.com.
- The all-new 2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 hasn’t even gone on sale yet but already a crashed example has been spotted. The sorry-looking Z06 was spotted on a flatbed in Chicago and is likely the same car that crashed on the Nürburgring late last month. ALSO SEE: 2015 Chevy Corvetet Z06 Crashed At The 'Ring Chevrolet engineers were testing...
October 22, 2014
- General Motors is aiming to bolster its green credentials by installing a huge solar array that will be visible from the well-traveled Ohio Turnpike outside the company’s big assembly plant in Lordstown, Ohio. The new 2.2 megawatt array will be the maker's largest array in North America. For more, please go to TheDetroitBureau.com.
October 21, 2014
- General Motors released a statement Tuesday throwing its support behind HB 5606, proposed legislation now on Gov. Rick Snyder's desk that California electric car maker Tesla Motors claims is "anti-Tesla."
- After stunning us with its custom De Tomaso Pantera at last year’s SEMA show, and a NASCAR V-8-powered Ford Mustang before that, Ring Brothers is back to stun us at 2014’s SEMA with a 980-horsepower Chevrolet Chevelle. The Wisconsin-based tuner is calling the car the Ring Brothers Recoil, and has released this teaser image to whet our...
October 20, 2014
- Takata’s defective airbags forced Toyota to recall an additional 247,000 vehicles with airbags that may rupture. This action follows a series of recalls by automakers that used Takata’s airbags, including Chrysler, General Motors, Ford, Honda, BMW and others, according to a story at TheDetroitBureau.com.
- If you're planning to visit the National Corvette Museum sinkhole, you'd better hurry up. The museum is planning to begin repairs of the hole that swallowed eight cars next month. Work to fill the sinkhole in the museum's Skydome will begin November 10 and is expected to take about nine months to complete at a cost of $3.2 million. The process...
- The number of approved death compensation claims related to a recall of a faulty General Motors ignition switch has risen to 29.
- General Motors plans to bring its latest technology to China and use its technical resources in there to develop vehicles that can fit into the country’s growing megacities that continue to expand, GM top executive in China said this week. The country is an ideal testbed for the vehicles. For more, click on TheDetroitBureau.com.
October 17, 2014
- Embattled General Motors General Counsel Michael Millikin will retire early, a move that comes shortly after the maker was hit with a $10 billion class action lawsuit alleging it long concealed a series of safety problems. Whether he was a man of “impeccable integrity” or “gross incompetence” is a matter of debate, reports TheDetroitBureau.com.
- More a piece of art than an instructional manual—though it’s still very informative—very few people have ever seen, much less laid hands on, the McLaren F1 owner’s handbook. Here, we get an insider’s look at the book, and what went into its creation. MUST SEE: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro Spy Video Filled with fantastic...
- The modifications for the 2015 Ford Mustang are proceeding at a rapid clip, even before the car is officially launched to the public. Today, Hennessey announced pricing for its HPE600 and HPE700, as well as the CarbonAero appearance package and HPE+ wheel and exhaust packages. MUST SEE: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro Spy Video First up, the HPE600, which...