May 14, 2013
- Once again, General Motors Co. is paring with another automaker to help the Detroit-based maker fill a need in its vehicle lineup. GM and Nissan announced today they have signed an agreement for Nissan to produce a small cargo vehicle that GM will sell in the United States and Canada. Read about it at TheDetroitBureau.com.
- Michigan is reaping the benefits of a healthy General Motors Co. Since 2009, nearly half of the Detroit-based automaker’s announced investments have benefited its home state, according to GM CEO and Chairman Dan Akerson.
May 13, 2013
- General Motors broke new ground when it introduced OnStar to the world in 1995 and now the maker may lead the pack again when it introduces internet access to certain vehicles starting next year if it can get its system out before competitors, according to a report on TheDetroitBureau.com.
- Another global automaker cemented its interest in Asia as General Motors kicked off production at a new assembly plant in Indonesia: potentially a major automotive market. Frost & Sullivan predicts Indonesia’s automotive production in 2013 will grow 7.5% reaching 1.2 million units, according to a report on TheDetroitBureau.com
May 12, 2013
- In reality, Chevrolet had a nearly century-long relationship with Warren-based Campbell-Ewald from 1919-2010. In the show, star Don Draper’s Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce ad agency and Cutler Gleason & Chaough landed a Chevrolet account from Campbell-Ewald for a new car referred to by its model number -- the Chevy 887 (Chevy Vega).
- DETROIT- Three General Motors Co.'s buildings, including one in Michigan, are being recognized for superior performance by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
May 10, 2013
- The video below may be the first on-track footage shot with Google Glass--and it was driven in a Cadillac CTS-V at Monticello Motor Club. We can't be sure if this is the first track lap recorded with Google Glass, since there's no official registry of Google Glass precedents as far as we know. The video was shot by Gary Gastelu of Fox News. To be...
- According to a report at TheDetroitBureau.com, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration opened an investigation into 2005-2007 Chevrolet Corvettes due to an issue with the car’s low-beam headlights failing.
- A Carlisle car gathering is an automotive event attended by a sea of like-minded auto enthusiasts. Carlisle, Pennsylvania serves as home for a rotating run of various automotive events, but one of the most popular has to be Corvettes at Carlisle. This is a celebration of the iconic machine that's been produced since 1953. There have been more than...
- The nearly 190,300 square-foot facility is fully-owned by GM Indonesia. Its 700 employees will produce Chevrolet Spin, a subcompact multi-purpose vehicle (MPV).
- The Dubai Police are amassing quite a stable of amazing rides. They have a Lamborghini Aventador. A Ferrari FF wears the green and white livery. There's even an ultra-rare Aston Martin One-77 that's recently joined the fleet. Both a Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG and a Bentley Continental GT are said to be up next for the Dubai rozzers. At the moment...
- The probe by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration covers more than 103,000 Corvettes from the 2005 through 2007 model years.
- General Motors’ big switch is in full swing as it brings out its new family of Chevrolet pickup trucks. The GM assembly plant in Silao, Mexico, is already building the 2014 Silverado Crew Cab, and should begin shipping them in next few weeks, according to a report at TheDetroitBureau.com.
- According to a report at TheDetroitBureau.com, a spy shot of the next generation Chevy Tahoe indicates, General Motors plans major changes in the design of its 2014 model-year full-size SUV lineup, which includes Tahoe, GMC Yukon and Cadillac Escalade.
- Racing star Dale Earnhardt Jr. has to drive a Chevrolet SS-based race car in NASCAR’s Sprint Cup Series as part of his contract terms with Hendrick Motorsports, but it’s interesting to see that one of his personal rides off the track is the car that precedes the SS, the Pontiac G8. Pictured here is Earnhardt Jr.’s 2009 Pontiac...