November 19, 2014
- The Cadillac CTS-V has long been a favorite of enthusiasts who know what a real driver’s car is—and at a real sweetheart of a price for what you get. Sure, it had its rough edges. But it was great. Now, the ATS-V steps in to take up that mantle—and to carry it forward. Packing 455 horsepower and 445 pound-feet of torque, the new...
November 18, 2014
- The number of approved death compensation claims related to a recall of a faulty General Motors ignition switch has risen to 33.
November 17, 2014
- The deadline to file claims for benefits from General Motors victims fund was extended by one month to Jan. 31, 2015. The deadline was extended to ensure that anyone eligible to file a claim had been contacted and the time necessary to compile the information needed to file, according to TheDetroitBureau.com.
- The deadline for victims to file claims related to a faulty ignition switch in General Motors cars has reportedly been extended one month.
- Cadillac’s replacement for the CTS-V.R race car is the all-new ATS-V.R, but instead of targeting North America’s Pirelli World Challenge with its latest racer Cadillac has more global ambitions. In line with this focus, the ATS-V.R has been developed to meet FIA GT3 specifications. The ATS-V.R is based on the 2016 Cadillac ATS-V Coupe...
- Chevrolet’s SS muscle sedan was only introduced for 2014 but production of the car will last just until the end of calendar year 2017—at the latest—since the only place in the world where it’s produced, Holden’s plant in Australia, has been confirmed to shut by the same date. Could the SS end up a one-hit wonder like...
November 14, 2014
- What good is a performance car if you don’t prove the metal’s mettle on track? Apparently Cadillac came to the same conclusion and even before officially unveiling its new high-performance ATS-V, it’s confirming plans to go racing with the equally new ATS-V.R. More from TheDetroitBureau.com.
- n his first public comments since parting with the automaker, former General Motors engineer Raymond DeGiorgio defended his role to the New York Times in what he referred to in internal documents as the "switch from hell."
- When Chevrolet’s Rikk Wilde’s struggle through the presentation of the World Series MVP award went viral it served as a poignant reminder of the pervasiveness of auto industry advertising. Volkswagen is trying to separate itself from the pack with a new deal with the New York Museum of Modern Art, according to TheDetroitBureau.com.
- Chevrolet is the latest automaker to create a wild Vision Gran Turismo concept for Gran Turismo 6, but this one borrows from the past as much as it looks ahead to a hypothetical future. Set to debut at the 2014 Los Angeles Auto Show, the Chevy Chaparral 2X Vision Gran Turismo is inspired by Jim Hall's legendary Chaparral race cars. Raced in...
November 13, 2014
- The exotic Chaparrals raced by Jim Hall and Hap Sharp back in the early 1960s changed the world of motor sports. But what would a Chaparral look like today? That’s something Chevrolet is exploring with the Chaparral 2X VGT concept it will reveal at the upcoming Los Angeles Auto Show. For more, go to TheDetroitBureau.com.
- General Motors CEO Mary Barra will not attend an awards ceremony in Washington D.C. after a protest by an advocacy group and families affected by GM's deadly ignition switch defect,
November 12, 2014
- The low gas prices that have benefitted sales of full-size pickups and SUVs has also cut demand for small cars and as a result forced General Motors to lay off 510 hourly workers at two plants in Michigan that produce small cars. However, 350 of those may be temporary. To find out why, go to The DetroitBureau.com.
- General Motors is laying off some 510 hourly workers at plants in Lansing and Metro Detroit's Lake Orion.
- A bit over a year ago, Polyphony Digital, the creator of the Gran Turismo video game series, reached out to the world’s major automakers, asking them to come up with a futuristic concept to celebrate the game’s 15th anniversary. Since that time we’ve seen some pretty wild concept, particularly from the design studios of Aston...