June 29, 2015
- Chevrolet on Wednesday pulled the cloak off the drop-top version of its all-new, 2016 Camaro.
- Chevrolet is touting the forthcoming 2016 Cruze as lighter yet larger, and with new technologies and powertrains.
- General Motors' best-selling vehicle in the U.S. is reportedly getting some cosmetic upgrades for the 2016 model year.
June 22, 2015
- Chevrolet is looking to right a wrong in its product line-up by adding a hatchback to the next generation Cruze portfolio of compacts. The company hasn't had a compact hatchback in its line-up in decades. Find out more about the Cruze at TheDetroitBureau.com.
- The number of approved death compensation claims related to a recall of a faulty General Motors ignition switch has risen to 117.
- In the face of layoffs connected to lagging small car sales, General Motors announced Monday it is adding 300 jobs at its Orion Assembly Plant north of Detroit.
- Jeremy Clarkson has confirmed that he and fellow former Top Gear hosts Richard Hammond and James May are set to front a new show. A formal announcement is due within weeks. Chevrolet has confirmed that the convertible version of its all-new Camaro muscle car will be revealed on Wednesday, June 24. That same date will also see the reveal of the new...
- Here in the U.S., we only get the Chevrolet Cruze as a sedan but overseas there are hatchback and wagon bodystyles as well. Not offering the hatch in the U.S. is something General Motors Company [NYSE:GM] product chief Mark Reuss once called “a pre-bankruptcy planning mistake,” a mistake the automaker is not likely to repeat a second...
- Chevrolet has released a teaser video for its upcoming 2016 Camaro Convertible, which the Bowtie brand has confirmed will be revealed to the world on Wednesday, June 24. The video shows a person sitting in the new Camaro Convertible and opening its top while driving down an empty stretch of road. In the video description, Chevy says the car is the...
June 19, 2015
- Facing continuing pressure from Fiat Chrysler Automobiles Chief Executive Sergio Marchionne, General Motors hired investment bankers to help build its case that a merger of the two carmakers could not work. For details, go to TheDetroitBureau.com.
- Buick’s Encore subcompact, launched in early 2013, arrived just in time to take advantage of a splurge in demand for smaller, more fuel-efficient crossovers. Buick sold 138,218 of them globally in 2014, a staggering 42 percent rise on sales numbers just one year prior, and this year is shaping up to be even better. Nevertheless, to ensure...
June 18, 2015
- Oh, to have the time, space, and money to complete an engine overhaul like the one in this video. The folks at Hagerty have all three of the aforementioned requirements, and they also happen to have some talented folks who know how to work cameras. Put all of that together, throw in love for an aging Chevy small-block engine, and you have the...
June 16, 2015
- What will be the fate of the Chevrolet Volt's lithium-ion batteries once they've expired their use in cars?
- What do you do with the used batteries when a vehicle like the Chevrolet Volt or Nissan Leaf are ready to be scrapped? You convert them in to alternative or backup power sources for other applications, such as buildings. For details, go to TheDetroitBureau.com.
June 15, 2015
- After abandoning the market segment as it plunged into bankruptcy, General Motors is ready to start marketing medium-duty trucks again. The Detroit maker will turn to an old partner, Isuzu, to help it source the new trucks. Check out TheDetroitBureau.com for more.