February 7, 2014
- From The Car Connection: 2014 Cadillac ELR Review The 2014 Cadillac ELR is an entirely new kind of Cadillac. It's not only a compact luxury coupe, but the first-ever plug-in model for the luxury brand. It's a high-style, premium range-extended electric car, with a battery range of 37 miles that's extended by a gasoline for a total driving range on...
- More police departments opt for SUVs instead of cars for patrolling
February 6, 2014
- Luxury, style, capability, and American ingenuity--at times, the Cadillac Seville has embodied some, all, or none of these things. Over its varied and sometimes depressing history, the Seville has plumbed the depths of the American car industry more often than it scaled the heights, though toward the end of its run, it came into its own--only to...
- Pictures See all 6 pictures 5 Feb, 2014
February 5, 2014
- If you're a fan of European auto brands, we have some bad news: by and large, your car companies are being left in the dust by their American and Asian competitors. At least that's what Consumer Reports claims in its latest Car-Brand Perception Survey. To create the survey, the magazine polled nearly 1,600 adults by telephone and an additional...
- From The Car Connection: 2014 Chevrolet Impala Review The 2014 Chevrolet Impala is the first all-new car to carry the nameplate in a very long time, but the wait was worth it. Chevy has produced a stylish and very appealing large sedan that causes heads to swivel--and in the right way. It's so different from the previous decade-old, mediocre sedan...
February 1, 2014
- It took 10 years of work to turn the humble Chevelle Malibu into a hot SS
- News 1 Feb, 2014
January 30, 2014
- To get the van to market quickly, Chevrolet partnered with Nissan
- The Toyota Avalon has been accused of stepping into Buick's old shoes--of catering to the crowd shopping for their final car. The latest edition gets some ambition: it's more of a Toyota flagship, trimmed down slightly in size and imaginatively reshaped. It's so different, it's one of the few cars we think should change its name. It...
- News 30 Jan, 2014
January 29, 2014
- The Chevrolet Cavalier was an affordable, economical compact-car family, consisting of four-door sedan and two-door coupe and convertible body styles (with hatchback and wagon versions going back to the 1980s). GM first introduced for 1982, built on GM's so-called 'J-body' platform derived from the Citation, and it ran to 2005 with an evolution of...
January 27, 2014
- GM CEO Barra backs money-loser Opel
- News 27 Jan, 2014
January 26, 2014
- It is given for a feature that lets drivers use energy captured during braking