July 9, 2014
General Motors recalled a record number of cars and trucks this year--nearly 26 million in the U.S. -- but it's balking at a recall of 1.8 million full-size pickups and SUVs for brake lines that corrode.
July 8, 2014
- Pictures See all 24 pictures 9 Jul, 2014
- News 8 Jul, 2014 Demand for Vauxhall Vivaro van and increased output for next year’s new Vauxhall Astra means more jobs needed
- News 8 Jul, 2014 New Corsa will be first to offer hi-tech system featuring safety, security, navigation and concierge services
July 7, 2014
July 4, 2014
- With Bumblebee back in a new Transformers movie, General Motors is betting on the alien-robot saga to help boost Chevrolet sales in Korea.
July 3, 2014
- News 3 Jul, 2014 A hot VXR version of the new Corsa will arrive in 2015 with significantly more firepower than the Ford Fiesta ST
- GM will fix the rough idle on some of its V-8-powered SUVs and pickup trucks. The vehicles involved in this technical service bulletin include the following: 2008 - 2009 Chevy TrailBlazer and GMC Envoy 2008 - 2009 HUMMER H2 2008 - 2009 Saab 9-7X 2008 - 2010 HUMMER H3 2009 - 2010 HUMMER H3T 2008 - 2011 Cadillac Escalade, ESV, and EXT 2008 - 2011...
July 2, 2014
- General Motors is kicking off a marketing push to sell high-speed Internet service to buyers of everything from Chevrolet Spark subcompacts to top-of-the-line Cadillacs over the holiday weekend.
- From The Car Connection: Some 2012-2014 Audi A6s To Get Free Headlamp Swap Audi will replace the headlamps on some 2012-2014 A6s, to resolve a problem with their headlamps. On affected vehicles, the headlamps could fill up with water or gather heavy condensation on the inside of the headlamp assembly. GM Recalls 8.4 Million More Vehicles: Buick...
- The 2015 Audi A6 is a solid contender in the mid-size luxury segment–competing most readily with the BMW 5-Series, Mercedes-Benz E-Class, and Cadillac CTS–but some of the greatest competition comes within its own brand, thanks to a very sleek Audi A7, and a slightly more affordable Audi A4. The A6 and performance-oriented...
- GM will repair some vehicles with four-cylinder engines for free, over a problem with excessive oil consumption and smoking. The repair will only include those vehicles still covered by a new vehicle warranty or an extended warranty, if one is in place. GM has determined that the oil consumption problem in some of these engines emerges when piston...
July 1, 2014
- Since February, it seems as if General Motors has issued a massive new round of recalls every couple of days. Today is no exception. The six recalls listed below affect a range of current and former GM brands, from model year 1997 to 2014. Though GM hasn't revealed complete details about the underlying problems behind these recalls, 8.2 million of...
- From The Car Connection: GM Sets No Cap On Payouts To Compensate Ignition Switch Victims; Claims Begin August 1 General Motors has received plenty of criticism for its handling of the long-delayed ignition switch recall at the center of "Switchgate" -- and rightly so. But the company's still-new CEO, Mary Barra, has been working to get out in...