May 20, 2013
- In this week's installment of AMC's "Mad Men" Don Draper obsesses over the firm's advertising work for Chevrolet as the company prepares to launch a car known internally as the XP-887. We know it today as the Chevy Vega, and many critics consider in it one of the worst cars that ever rolled down an assembly line.
May 18, 2013
- Dan Akerson also says it soon will improve its bond rating to investment grade
- GM paid special attention to smoothness, quietness in redesign of full-size 2014 pickups.
- The Ford Mustang is a known quantity. For Americans who care about cars or those who don't, it's likely the Mustang conjures up memories and associations. And like other muscle-car reincarnations like the Chevy Camaro and Dodge Challenger, it takes some of the look, and the sound, of the old pony cars, yet it lives in the present. The...
May 15, 2013
- It's a lot of power in a small package
- If you haven't shopped for a full-size truck in a few years, it's possible you've missed that there's a war going on. With each redesign, these light-duty pickups—like the Ford F-150, the Chevy Silverado 1500, the GMC Sierra 1500, and even the 2013 Ram 1500 SLT that we're driving now for 30 days of up-close coverage—have towing and...
May 14, 2013
- Choose a domestic-brand car, like the 2013 Dodge Dart or 2013 Ford Fusion, and you might actually be in love. That's what the latest study results from the market-research firm Strategic Vision suggest. The Dart, along with the Chrysler Town & Country, Dodge Durango, Buick Enclave, Chevrolet Traverse, Chrysler 200 Convertible, Ford Fusion, and...
- neral Motors Co. and Nissan Motor Co. said they agreed to an arrangement under which Nissan will build a small cargo van for Chevrolet called the City Express, which is expected to go on sale late next year.
- Cadillac's XTS full-size luxury sedan is entering its second model year—with some new high-tech options and a more powerful engine available. And no, it's not in the form of a V-8. Yet it should be just as good, if not better, than one. The new 3.6-liter Twin-Turbo V-6 that's available in the 2014 Cadillac XTS makes 410 horsepower and 369...
- It takes aim at Ford's Transit Connect
May 13, 2013
- GM readies its most important models in years, Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra pickups
May 11, 2013
- The BMW X1 is a compact luxury crossover, and it's BMW's entry-level model if you're looking for something larger than a sedan or coupe. For now, its closest competitors are the Buick Encore and the MINI Countryman, though the Audi Q3 will be here soon enough. For more details on the X1, including prices, options, and specifications, see our full...
May 10, 2013
- Series has Don Draper landing the top-secret Chevy Vega ad account.
- The Nissan Quest is a seven-passenger minivan that feels sportier than the alternatives on the market today. Its primary competitors are the Chrysler Town & Country, Dodge Grand Caravan, Toyota Sienna, and Honda Odyssey, although you could probably also look at vehicles like the GMC Acadia and Ford Explorer, too. See our full review of the...
- Car people might see the latest automotive plot in AMC's "Mad Men" as tragedy, or at least dark comedy. But it might be closer to epic.