May 20, 2013
- Runtime: 7:20 John McElroy has his first impressions of Kia’s new full-size sedan, the Cadenza, which is a stretched version of the Optima. For the first time in two years, GM’s stock closes above its IPO. According to Bank of America Merrill Lynch light vehicle sales will smash the all-time sales record in the U.S. [...]
- GMC solves age-old pickup truck mystery.
- GM: Chevy better in horsepower, torque, MPG; GM wants back in 'club'; Hellcat for Chrysler; Nissan-Mitsubishi minicar..
May 17, 2013
- Runtime: 8:52 Car sales did something in Europe last month that they haven’t done since September 2011 — go up. The reason Kia believes its car sales will rebound all starts with the number seven. Porsche introduces its plug-in hybrid, the 918 Spyder. All that and more, plus GM CFO, Dan Ammann explains what the [...]
- Though not as big as it once was, General Motors is still a formidable global corporation with offices and factories all over the world and the numbers and financials to match. And the man in charge of making sure all those add up correctly is John McElroy’s special guest on Autoline This Week. Joining GM CFO Dan Ammann is Jeff Bennett from the Wall Street Journal and Bloomberg’s Tim Higgins.
- Here at Autoline After Hours we pride ourselves on tracking down the all-important "gurus of go" in the automotive industry. Well, dang if we ain't lassoed another! Jordan Lee is the Global Chief Engineer and Program Manager for Small Block Engines at GM. But, Mr. Lee might just be upstaged by our other special guest on set: none other than the heart and soul of the Corvette itself, the 6.2L LT1 V-8. Plus, we'll get into some hot topics this week including the end of the great driving boom as...
- CEO says tech-filled truck not built for 'urban cowboy'; Europe snaps losing streak; Fiat downplays reports about HQ move..
May 15, 2013
- Runtime: 7:22 General Motors takes aim at Ford with a rebadged version of Nissan’s NV200. Acura announces it will build its supercar at a new Performance Manufacturing Center in Ohio. The American Civil Liberties Union files a lawsuit against LA’s two major police departments over data collecting scanners. All that and more, plus the Autoextremist, [...]
May 14, 2013
- GM turns to rival to build cargo van, cites 'speed to market'; Ohio site chosen for Acura NSX; Cadillac sits out volume chase..
- City Express on the way next year.
May 13, 2013
- Domestic brands dominate index, VW overall leader; GM tightens tech grip; deadly trend in Brazil; VW, Audi take Manhattan..
- Runtime: 7:56 While traffic fatalities in the U.S. have fallen 40 percent in the last decade, they leaped by 72 percent in Brazil. GM sees an opportunity to start selling advertising in the car, as internet access becomes more available. At its private 50th birthday party, Lamborghini pulls the wraps off a very futuristic looking [...]
May 10, 2013
- While the rest of the automotive industry is trying to scrounge up every last sale it can, Ferrari has decided it's selling too many. On the subject of product, can you tell the difference between the old and new Silverado designs? Has Chevrolet built a vehicle that lacks differentiation? Meanwhile, Jaguar is making it very clear what it is and what it isn't -- we'll explain what we mean. Onboard to discuss all this and a whole lot more with John McElroy is co-host Peter De Lorenzo, the...
- Runtime: 7:30 There was a time that vehicles were said to be made out of steel, but these days you say they’re made out of steels. Structural adhesives can make a quieter, stronger, lighter car that is easier to manufacture, which is why one automaker is using a lot more of them. The joint venture [...]
May 8, 2013
- Chevy’s got a little secret.