May 18, 2013
- SOUTH BEND, Ind. – General Motors Chairman and CEO Dan Akerson told graduates of the Mendoza School of Business at Notre Dame on Saturday that authentic leadership is the greatest need in the world where they will work and live.
May 17, 2013
- PALO ALTO, Calif. – General Motors is joining the Center for Automotive Research at Stanford University, its latest effort to mine the best and brightest ideas and recruit top students studying toward careers in science, technology, engineering and math.
- DETROIT – The Buick brand celebrates its 110th birthday this weekend. After a few years of experimenting with automobiles built at his home in Detroit, David Dunbar Buick – a former plumbing inventor and businessman – incorporated the Buick Motor Company on May 19, 1903.
May 16, 2013
- The final example of the VE Commodore – recently named by Wheels Magazine as the “the best Australian car ever” – has rolled off the line at Holden Vehicle Operations in South Australia.
- DETROIT – The General Motors Foundation is pledging $500,000 to Habitat for Humanity to help victims of the recent tornadoes in five Texas counties. The funds will be used to help restore neighborhoods devastated by Wednesday’s storms.
- Audi AG, the world's second-largest maker of luxury cars, said high-performance cars like the RS5, as well as the new version of the A3 compact, will help propel sales this year amid intensifying economic headwinds.
- DETROIT – The all-new 2014 Sierra full-size pickup truck spent more development time in a wind tunnel than any GMC pickup before it, resulting in design changes that benefit both fuel efficiency and interior quietness.
May 15, 2013
- Images from our first drive of the 2014 Chevrolet Silverado.
- Ford’s venerable F-150 pickup is under attack. Taking fresh hits from the Ram 1500 and its swank interior and new powertrains — including a diesel engine — the F-150 is about to feel another round of shelling from the all-new 2014 Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra, both of which debut this summer.
- GM and Nissan recently announced a partnership that will see the NV200 don a bow-tie for U.S. and Canada
May 14, 2013
- Holden has added cutting-edge technology and luxury appointments to its long wheel base Caprice and Caprice V models and rolled back recommended retail prices by $10,000.
- Holden has added cutting-edge technology and features to its famous Ute and reduced recommended retail prices (RRP) by up to $5,500 across the range.