May 23, 2013
- DETROIT – Drivers of the new 2014 Chevrolet Impala will enjoy sweet sound and sweeter savings at the pump thanks to precision noise reduction and a new advanced valvetrain technology on the Ecotec 2.5L four-cylinder engine, arriving in dealerships this month.
- DETROIT. – Chevrolet announced today a low mileage lease on the new 2014 Spark EV 1LT for as low as $199 per month* for 36 months, with $999 due at lease signing including security deposit (tax, title, license dealer fees extra), making the vehicle one of the most affordable EVs on the market.
May 22, 2013
- WARREN, Mich. – Mary Barra, General Motors senior vice president, Global Product Development, was honored Wednesday evening with the Society of Automotive Engineering Foundation’s 2013 Industry Leadership Award.
- DETROIT – The 2013 Cadillac XTS offers the first look at the next generation of interior design for the brand. Yet, designers of the large luxury sedan looked to the fast-paced and often-changing fashion and home furnishings industries for inspiration when conceptualizing the car’s interior finishes.
- Having seen the unchecked proliferation of sport-utility vehicles over the past 20-plus years and, with increased dismay, watched as they grew in size and garishness, I can only applaud the manufacturers that have seen fit to produce models (now generally called by the more politically appealing term "crossover") of more restrained dimensions.
- INDIANAPOLIS – Jim Harbaugh, head coach of the NFL’s San Francisco 49ers, will drive the all-new 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Pace Car to lead the pack of 33 racers to the start of the 97th running of the Indianapolis 500, this Sunday.
May 21, 2013
- DETROIT – The General Motors Foundation is pledging $50,000, and Chevrolet is donating a 2013 Chevrolet Silverado full-size pickup to Forgotten Harvest to assist with the organization’s “Help 4 Oklahoma” campaign to get supplies to the Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma and help those impacted by this week’s devastating tornadoes.
- Holden’s highly-anticipated VF Commodore and WN Caprice range has been awarded a maximum five star ANCAP safety rating just weeks before it officially arrives in Australian showrooms.
- LANSING, Mich. – General Motors today announced a $44.5 million investment to build a Logistics Optimization Center at its Lansing Grand River Assembly plant, creating 200 new jobs.
May 20, 2013
- DETROIT – A group of 110 Detroit-area high school students are about to begin paid summer internships as members of the brand-new GM Student Corps, a program introduced today by General Motors North America President Mark Reuss that combines service, education and mentoring.
May 19, 2013
- The most advanced car ever created in Australia will soon be arriving at Holden dealers across the country with the first series production VF Commodores rolling down the line at Holden Vehicle Operations (HVO) today.
May 18, 2013
- SOUTH BEND, Ind. – General Motors Chairman and CEO Dan Akerson told graduates of the Mendoza School of Business at Notre Dame on Saturday that authentic leadership is the greatest need in the world where they will work and live.