January 6, 2015
- Ally Financial said today that it completed the sale of its stake in a joint venture with a Chinese auto lender to General Motors for $1 billion.
- General Motors provided a sneak peek at the next-generation Chevrolet Volt -- which will be quicker, quieter and have a longer range than its predecessor -- Sunday night at International CES here.
- GM offers look at car's front end, showcases new OnStar services; BMW to subsidize China dealers; 2014's top-trending ads.
January 5, 2015
- GM's range-extended electric car gets a complete remake General Motors has briefly teased the all-new Chevrolet Volt at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, ahead of its full public debut at the Detroit motor show on 15 January.The range-extended electric vehicle will feature brand new battery and drivetrain technology and a restyled exterior and interior. It’s thought that the car’s basic structure will be mostly carried over from the current model.GM says that the ‘Voltec’ powertrain...
- New performance Cadillac will go on sale in the US next summer, as the firm looks to trump its German competition Cadillac is aiming to trump its German rivals with the launch of the new CTS-V, the most powerful car ever made by the firm. With a total power output of 640bhp, the new CTS-V soundly beats the BMW M5 and its 600bhp in its most powerful form and the 585bhp Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG. The new model will make its debut at the Detroit motor show next month, and Cadillac has now released new...
- Chatting on Facebook recently, Cadillac CEO Johan de Nysschen called out a former Infiniti underling for supposedly killing the Q50 Eau Rouge, the Nissan GT-R-powered high-performance sedan that de Nysschen championed before leaving Infiniti for...
- Continue investing in products to win share from Ford and General Motors and eventually take one of the top two spots in full-size pickups.
- Ed Welburn is approaching a milestone: March marks his 10th year as General Motors' first global design chief.
January 3, 2015
January 2, 2015
- General Motors announced three new recalls affecting nearly 84,000 SUVs and pickup trucks, saying their ignition systems may have problems that could affect engine power and airbag deployment.
January 1, 2015
- 'Stuff' happens at Chevy; 'Big Brother' bombs for Ford exec; Edmunds walks away from haggling spoof; fateful choice at GM.
December 31, 2014
- Lincoln MKC, Porsche Macan join luxury crossover war; Kia reaches upscale; Acura's 1-for-2 debut; Nissan van, by Chevy.
December 30, 2014
- Our photographers pick their favourite images from the past 12 months, including hypercars, concepts and motorsport stars Autocar's photographers, Stan Papior and Luc Lacey, have what many would call a dream job.They've spent the past 12 months travelling the world to capture some of the rarest, most powerful and most expensive cars in the world on camera.They've taken tens of thousands of pictures of hundreds of cars, ranging from storming hypercars such as McLaren's P1 to futuristic concepts...