November 2, 2013
- General Motors is recalling nearly 19,000 of its all-new 2014 Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra pickup trucks to repair a problem with the manual reclining seatback, according to a notice from federal auto safety regulators today.
November 1, 2013
- Just ahead of the Tokyo Motor Show,
- Last week we asked if you would be interested in a Chevrolet S10 that's available in most countries in South America and the Australian market, among others.
- The new Chevy Camaro Z/28 just dropped a 7 minute, 37.4-second lap at the Nürburgring earlier this month, besting the more powerful
- Some believe the manual gearbox is a dying breed. According to the vast majority of people who buy new cars, though, it's the dominant species... Anyone who reads what I've written about dual clutch gearboxes on this site in the past will know how much of a fan I am of the genre.Done well - ie by Porsche, Ferrari, McLaren, Nissan, Volkswagen, Audi et al - the dual clutch gearbox can add to a car's driver appeal hugely, I believe. And even when they're not executed quite so well - ie by...
- Automotive News recently conducted a dealer roundtable discussion in Chicago, where executives shared information about innovative processes at their stores.
October 31, 2013
- DIGITAL EDITOR ANDREW STOY: I'm old enough to remember when pickup trucks were work vehicles. They still are, but the modern crop of half-ton machines from
- A jump in profits in North America and shrinking losses in Europe propelled General Motors' third quarter results, but Asia has emerged as a potentially lingering trouble spot.
October 30, 2013
- Spark EV concept leads Chevrolet's model lineup for US show Chevrolet will show seven new concept and modified vehicles at the SEMA show in Las Vegas next month.Leading the concept lineup is the Spark EV Tech Performance, for which Chevrolet has replaced the standard GM-built engine with an electric motor. The company says the car can deliver 400lb ft of instant torque, and can accelerate to 60mph in 7.5 seconds.Elsewhere, the Performance Sonic RS concept uses a cold-air induction kit and a...