April 25, 2015
World record holder Andy Green flies jet fighters for a livingWe sit down with the fastest man on wheels, RAF Wing Commander Andy Green, to discuss the challenge that lies ahead If you were going to cast the part of an RAF Wing Commander, Andy Green would be a perfect choice.Notably tall, broad shouldered and lean, he looks like the bloke in charge. Which is handy, because he really is an RAF Wing Commander as well as being the fastest...
- For all its silence, Toyota's Mirai hydrogen fuel cell vehicle actually can be pretty noisy. Ironically, that is because the car is propelled by a whispering electric motor that allows the driver to pick up sounds that might otherwise be droned out.
- Volkswagen is the top pick for Chinese consumers considering buying a vehicle followed by BMW and Buick, according to a survey on auto-purchase sentiment conducted by a research unit of Deutsche Borse.
- Mitsubishi booked double-digit profit increases in the latest quarter to propel the carmaker to record annual earnings and its first North America profit in seven years.
- In the year since he took over the Buick and GMC brands in the U.S., Duncan Aldred has made a lot of fans among dealers.
April 24, 2015
- The strength of the U.S. and China economies has helped companies like General Motors offset weakness in others parts of the world, but growing pricing pressure in those lucrative markets could be a warning sign for future profits.
- Captive finance company GM Financial had a giant increase in lease volume in the first quarter, as parent company GM switched to GM Financial as its exclusive preferred lender for Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet and GMC subsidized leases.
- General Motors' return to selling smaller pickups in the United States has resuscitated a moribund market segment, but new data highlights the risk that the automaker's new trucks are cannibalizing sales of higher-priced models.
April 23, 2015
- General Motors posted first-quarter operating income of $2.08 billion, driven by strong truck sales in North America that offset weakness from the economic downturns in Brazil and Russia.
- The aftermarket modified car scene may be long gone but customised transport is still in demand - so how could the mainstream car industry respond? I was talking to Colin Goodwin recently about the rise and rise of the personalised car. So many cars from a Rolls-Royce Phantom to the Mini, Vauxhall Adam and even the recently announced Dodge Viper and its supposed 25 million paint options invest a large part of their appeal in customisation. Plenty that don’t widely advertise their potential for...
- Toyota beat Volkswagen and General Motors to remain the world's top-selling automaker during the last quarter despite declining deliveries. Demand for SUVs has helped to boost Toyota's market-share gains in the U.S.
- Cadillac will add to its all-new CT6 prestige sedan an available Plug-In Hybrid Electric (PHEV) propulsion system that's expected to more than double the fuel economy of the conventional powertrain offerings.
- A teaser for the new Chevrolet FNR concept, which will debut next week at the Shanghai Auto Show, was posted today by Auto Sohu.
The BTCC pack streams down the famous Craner Curves at Donington ParkShort circuit layouts add extra spice to the Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship by keeping the action too close for comfort People will be talking about the third race at last weekend's Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship event at Donington Park for quite some time to come.It was a race that had everything: a stand-out performance from newcomer Josh...
- Suzuki said it would recall 2 million cars, a record for the automaker, including Chevrolet Cruzes it builds for GM, to replace the ignition switch after reports of fumes being emitted from the faulty component.