April 1, 2015
Volkswagen Caddy Maxi MiniIt's April Fools' day, and vehicle manufacturers have teased us with unthinkable concepts, radical production ideas and new gear which - thankfully - remains fictional It's the 1st of April, and with it comes the traditional April Fools' day pranks. Car companies are well versed in this tradition, and 2015 has already brought us some truly weird and wonderful creations. Our team has rounded up their favourite...
The Discovery Sport will get the option of JLR's Ingenium engines before the end of the yearDriving a Land Rover Discovery Sport to the coast; Clarkson will be missed; Classic cars can turn a profit MONDAY - Needed a conveyance for a quick sprint to the south coast, so I clambered into a handy new Land Rover Discovery Sport – the one powered by what people have been inclined to call “the old engine”.The 2.2-litre Ford-PSA diesel may be...
- The next-generation Chevrolet Malibu will be larger, lighter, packed with new safety gear and wrapped in sheet metal that signals Chevy's ambition to turn the heads of midsize sedan buyers.
- Cadillac continued its comeback quest by introducing the CT6, a rear-wheel-drive sedan rivaling the Mercedes S class in size while being touted for the driving performance of a smaller car.
- Cadillac is considering a lower priced, entry-level luxury vehicle, one of several holes it's working to fill, but doesn't want to create a lineup as large as many German automakers, the brand's chief, Johan de Nysschen, said today.
March 31, 2015
The Cadillac CT6 is expected to reach the UK early in 2016Mercedes-Benz S-Class rival comes with a turbocharged 3.0-litre V6, and will be crucial in rebuilding the brand The flagship Cadillac CT6, a rival to the Mercedes-Benz S-Class, has been revealed at the New York motor show.The lightweight luxury saloon is one of eight new cars that Cadillac is launching by the end of 2020 as part of a $12 billion (£8bn) investment, and it’s...
- GMC, riding a hot streak in sales of utility vehicles, introduced a face-lifted version of the midsize Terrain today ahead of its debut at this week's New York auto show.
- The 2016 Chevy Camaro will weigh in at 200 pounds lighter than the fifth-generation model, which will put curb weight for the SS versions at about 3,700 pounds and LS and LT models at about 3,500 pounds.
- Hyundai said it aims to commercialize autonomous driving capabilities in some of its cars in 2020, as the automaker plays catch-up with carmakers such as Mercedes and General Motors in the increasingly competitive technology.
- SUV gets new grille, fascia; Feds seek OK to stop sales for 'imminent hazard'; Magna interiors sale?
- The redesigned 2016 GMC Terrain and Terrain Denali were introduced today ahead of their public debut at the New York Auto Show. Pricing will be announced closer to their Canadian on-sale date in the fall of 2015.
The new Vauxhall Astra is likely to go on sale towards the end of this yearAll-new Astra will offer better interior quality and new exterior styling, and looks set to be unveiled towards the end of this year The next-generation Vauxhall Astra has again been spotted testing ahead of going on sale towards the end of this year.These late-stage prototype models feature new headlight and tail light designs compared to previous models, and...
- Why Toyota CEO feared losing job; Tesla plant could aid rivals; Chevy's big ad push; Mazda sets MX-5 pricing.
March 30, 2015
- Fiat Chrysler will achieve five full years of U.S. monthly sales gains #8212; if it can post an increase for March. The streak has been propelled by daunting sales goals set for each dealership.
- Here's a question that will hang over Cadillac's unveiling of the CT6 sedan in New York this week: Why is a brand so badly in need of a sales boost fixated on all that low-volume sheet metal?