March 3, 2015
- Steve Cropley says the all-new Vauxhall Viva city car could be a winner Last night I saw Vauxhall's new Viva for the first time, at an event where GM Europe chief Karl-Thomas Neumann also revealed that GM's class-best Onstar connectivity package (7m US and Chinese customers so far; turns your car into a 4G hotspot) would be in many 2016 Vauxhalls from mid-year. It'll be in every new Astra from October.I reckon Viva may well the most appealing of GM's three-small-car offerings. It looks terrific...
- Cadillac's rebranding is well underway. If our weekly viral video ranking is any indication, it's working.
- Warren Buffett, Berkshire Hathaway's CEO and one of the largest shareholders in General Motors, told CNBC today he disagrees with putting former U.S. auto task force member Harry Wilson on the automaker's board.
- General Motors plans to roughly double its total spending on its GMC truck brand over the next decade with the goal of boosting its U.S. market share by two-thirds, the brand's top executive said today.
- A focus on 'Precision'; Range Rover droptop; more Buffett buys?; Nissan goal: Overtake Honda; Nimoy as car pitchman.
- 'Unscrupulous' order-taking; standard Civic turbo; Ally losing Chevy lease subsidies; Snyder: Rougher sales trek.
March 2, 2015
- Sharper handling, more refined and better-looking. Still a bit rough around the edges, mind, but now good enough to be a class contender An updated version of the Ford Ecosport: more fresh metal for the supermini SUV market, which has gone from conception to remarkably complex maturity in just five years.This is the segment that sprang into life with the Nissan Juke in 2010 and, before the end of that year, was joined by the Mini Countryman and Dacia Duster. Two years later came the Vauxhall...
- It seems nothing gets people chattering these days like Cadillac, a brand in transition. So when reporter Richard Truett took to autonews.com last week with an "open letter" to Cadillac boss Johan de Nysschen, reactions poured in.
- General Motors' full-size vans have been in short supply for months as GM scrambles to boost production at a St. Louis-area assembly plant, frustrating some fleet customers and dealers.
- The Cadillac CT6 sedan eventually will get a performance model with a twin-turbocharged V-8 engine.
March 1, 2015
The iK-2 concept previews a future B-segment hatchbackNew B-segment hatchback and compact SUV models are on the way from Suzuki The Suzuki iK-2 and iM-4 concept cars will make their public debut at the Geneva motor show next week.Both cars have been revealed ahead of the show in leaked pictures, which show a small hatchback that appears to be slightly larger than the current Celerio, and a slightly larger SUV. The pictures were revealed...
February 28, 2015
- General Motors has notified Ally Financial that it will steer all of its lease subsidies for the Chevrolet brand to captive finance company GM Financial, instead of sharing them among Ally, GM Financial, and to a lesser extent, U.S. Bank.
- Chevrolet is getting creative with its social media approach, using it to introduce a new vehicle. The 2015 Chevrolet Trax will be introduced in a social media campaign dubbed 'Hidden Gems.'
- A day after announcing it is to stop making GM-branded cars in Indonesia, General Motors today said it would cease production of its Chevrolet Sonic in Thailand by the middle of this year.