December 18, 2014
- Stefan Lamm, Ford of Europe's exterior design chief, joins the Spanish firm from Ford Spanish car firm Seat has appointed Stefan Lamm as its new head of exterior design. He will commence his new role on 1 February next year. Lamm switches to Seat from Ford where he spent 10 years in charge of exterior design and was later head of exterior design at Ford of Europe. He has played a key role in the 'kinetic' design seen on recent Fords and can count models such as the S-Max, Focus RS Mk2 and Evos...
- Owners of General Motors cars with faulty ignition switches turned to the only judge who can help them, saying it's wrong to shield the automaker behind bankruptcy law.
December 17, 2014
- Cadillac's forthcoming CT6 sedan is supposed to be trailblazing for the brand. But don't expect a radical new design direction.
- Autoweek, the auto enthusiast sister publication of Automotive News, today named the Volkswagen Golf GTI and GMC Canyon truck as its Best of the Best car and truck for 2015.
- U.S. unit renamed FCA US LLC; Mitsu's big break; Nissan closing gap; VW Golf, GMC Canyon named 'Best of the Best.'
- Subtle design elements of the Corvette will be recognizable in many of Chevrolet's upcoming cars.
December 16, 2014
- Claims for compensation from a faulty ignition switch in General Motors vehicles rose by 64 filings in the last week and GM has approved four more death claims attributed to the defective switch, according to an official report issued today.
- Company also limiting auto shows; Chevy adds Corvette touches to lineup; defending Hyundai's U.S. share; compact-CUV craze.
December 15, 2014
- BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Citroën, Ford and Volkswagen are all in the running to be crowned as 2015's Car of the Year The Car of the Year shortlist has been announced. It's a piece of news I would normally register with a sigh, before returning to more important work.This year, though, it matters more to me than usual because I’ve been appointed as one of the competition’s 58 judges. This august institution currently considers the Peugeot 308 to be at the industry’s apogee and it has never anointed a...
- Buick executives believe the ubiquitous TV commercials they've been running since spring -- "That's not a Buick!" -- are connecting with consumers. Now they've got scientific proof, of sorts.
- Subtle design elements of the Corvette will be recognizable in many of Chevrolet's upcoming cars
- The flow of retired rental vehicles that General Motors normally sells at auction to its dealers has slowed to a trickle since mid-November, dealers say.
- The Ford Mustang, Hyundai Genesis and Volkswagen Golf were named finalists for North American Car of the Year, while the Lincoln MKC, Ford F-150 and Chevy Colorado were named truck/utility finalists.
December 13, 2014
- Ian Callum’s pet project to reimagine the Jaguar Mark 2 is finally complete. He takes John Simister for a spin “Isn’t it small?” That’s Ian Callum’s surprising first observation about his Jaguar Mark 2. “It looks smaller than the original,” he goes on, “because it’s lost the chrome and the bumpers.”You have to agree. Those of us old enough to remember a Jaguar Mark 2 as a reasonably everyday sight think of it as a big car, as befits its hefty straight six engine and directors’ car park habitat...