April 17, 2015
Aston Martin CygnetWhen new, these compromised cars were regarded as letdowns. But they’re now cheap enough to be worth a look When launched, these cars were applauded as valuable additions to the manufacturer's portfolio. Soon after, however, they were consigned to the history books as failures. For those on the lookout for a bargain, however, these compromised cars could be worth looking at.1 - Aston Martin Cygnet (2011-2013)Eyebrows...
- A teaser for the new Chevrolet FNR concept, which will debut next week at the Shanghai Auto Show, was posted today by Auto Sohu.
April 16, 2015
- Frank Audette, the creator of the Troy Motor Mall and founder of the former Audette Cadillac dealership in suburban Detroit, died April 10. He was 90.
- Chevrolet has purchased a series of print ads to show off digital videos promoting the Colorado pickup.
- The aluminum-bodied Ford F-150 has earned a better government crash-test rating than its all-steel predecessor, countering any concerns that the lighter material would result in a weaker truck and eliminating one of the Chevrolet Silverado's...
- Judge bars claims dating to 'Old GM'; Chevy sticks with 'Bolt'; F-150 aces key test; when dealer reviews go bad.
- School holiday commuting is not the carefree, rapid affair that it once was for Matt, as he fears the rise of the machines Ah, school holidays. They used to be a reprieve for the commuter, with fewer cars making for shorter journey times and less stress.A couple of weeks of “oh, it’s not so bad”, allowing you to put off that moment when you decide to pack it in, move to the country and live off the land, for another term, and then another term, until eventually you run out of terms, they give...
Audi Q7 e-tron 2.0 TFSI quattroThe Ingolstadt-based manufacturer has developed a petrol-electric system aimed specifically at Asian car markets Audi has revealed a new plug-in petrol-electric hybrid system, following on from the plug-in diesel-electric arrangement unveiled at the Geneva motor show back in March.Set to make its public premiere at the Shanghai motor show on Monday, the petrol-electric system will first be used by a frugal...
April 15, 2015
- General Motors will not have to face dozens of lawsuits accusing it of concealing an ignition-switch defect that has been blamed for more than 200 deaths and serious injuries, a federal bankruptcy judge ruled Wednesday.
- General Motors is rolling out new software this month for dealerships to make it harder for them to mistakenly sell a new vehicle that's subject to a recall, without first performing the recall work as required.
- Cadillac said it will slash $10,000 from the price of the light-selling ELR plug-in hybrid for the 2016 model year. The sticker price will drop to $65,995, including shipping, from $75,995, after 18 months of miniscule sales of the sleek coupe.
- General Motors is unlikely to entertain a merger with Fiat Chrysler after the sour end to the GM-Fiat Alliance in 2005. That's when Sergio Marchionne forced GM to pay $2 billion to avoid buying Fiat Auto.
- Brand slashes price, boosts power of struggling Volt derivative; Toyota's Mexico plans; Hyundai's message to space.
- Japanese manufacturers dominate a survey of Britain's most reliable cars. Honda has been named the most reliable used car manufacturer for the ninth consecutive year, according to research by What Car? and Warranty Direct. Suzuki and Toyota completed the top three places.Encouragingly for other manufacturers however, Chevrolet, Ford, Skoda, Peugeot and Fiat also forced their way into the top 10.The annual survey covers 38 manufacturers and analyses 50,000 live Warranty Direct policies on three...
April 14, 2015
- JPMorgan Chase lost another court bid to reclaim security for a $1.5 billion loan to General Motors' bankrupt predecessor.