December 8, 2013
- A promotion between General Motors and Costco's auto sales arm has the warehouse club's members kicking the tires on GM's full-sized pickups far more than in the past.
- GM's decision to pull Chevrolet out of most European markets is a major setback to the automaker's goal of transforming Chevrolet into a globe-spanning powerhouse. But the move also ends a muddled overlap with GM's Opel and Vauxhall brands.
December 7, 2013
- On December 7th, 1965, Chevrolet became the first individual manufacturer in history to build 3 million cars and trucks in a single calendar year. Chevrolet ended up selling 2,416,419 passenger cars and 574,136 trucks during the whole year. Chevrolet's general manager at the time, Elliott M. Estes, presided over ceremonies at the Los Angeles assembly plant. Source: History.com Photo: General Motors Archive
December 6, 2013
- General Motors may consider shipping more South Korean-made cars to Australia, a source told Reuters today, as part of a global restructuring that will see its Chevrolet brand in Europe dropped and production in Australia potentially scrapped.
- Chevrolet's 2015 Corvette Z06, slated to be unveiled next month at the Detroit auto show, is being positioned to take on the Porsche 911 Turbo and the Nissan GT-R, a Chevrolet spokesman said.
- With Audi’s RS division celebrating its 20th anniversary next year, we take a look back at the German manufacturer’s halo range of performance cars. Audi’s RS brand has been deeply rooted into the hearts of petrolheads for some time now, having solidified its reputation as equal company for the likes of BMW’s M and Mercedes-Benz’s AMG divisions. But where did it all begin?After the success of Audi’s S2 coupe and the original ‘C4’-derived S4 saloon from 1991, the German carmaker decided to...
- I am a professional race-car driver with 30 years of experience, and I still drive for General Motors' Cadillac race team in the Pirelli World Challenge series.
- Word that a classic Chevrolet Camaro will cross the block at the 2014 Barrett-Jackson auction in Scottsdale, Ariz. isn't exactly earth-shattering.
- Newest addition to Fiesta lineup offers decent practicality and driving dynamics, but faux off-road looks add weight and limit performance Ford admits it is very late into the baby SUV game, but what it has to offer - at last - starts with a very good pedigree.The Indian-built EcoSport, which starts at £14,995, is essentially the excellent Fiesta supermini expressed as a soft-roader, with all the dynamic sophistication that implies. The range is very simple. Every car is a relatively well...
- In truth, the answer is neither – the best kit cars are just very good cars nowadays, even if they are no longer cheap About 600 years ago, at roughly the same time that they were figuring out how to keep The Ark afloat, I built a kit car with my dad.It was called a Sylva Leader, and it was based mostly around the underpinnings of a Vauxhall Chevette.The chassis was bespoke, to which various bits of rubbed-down and Hammerited Chevette running gear were then attached. In the nose sat a 2.0-litre...