May 22, 2015
- Federal safety regulators have extended for at least a year a consent order that subjects General Motors to close scrutiny on safety matters, a condition placed on GM in the wake of last year's ignition switch recall.
- The Takata airbag crisis continues to mushroom into the largest safety recall disaster in auto industry history. That's no small feat just a year after the General Motors ignition switch scandal.
- General Motors plans to invest $439 million in its Chevrolet Corvette plant in Kentucky as part of the automaker's plan to spend $5.4 billion on U.S. factory upgrades.
May 21, 2015
- The all-new, second-generation 2016 Chevrolet Volt will carry a base MSRP of $38,390 in Canada. However, buyers can expect to pay as little as $29,890 after the full provincial incentive (up to $8,500).
- Aaron Logan has sold FandI products for 17 years, yet in the past six weeks his extended service contract penetration rate is nearly twice that of the year-earlier period. He credits the boost to his 'religious' use of visual aids.
May 20, 2015
- The first model from British start-up Elemental will launch in 2016, offering competition for the likes of KTM, BAC and Vuhl. We meet the men behind the project It’s been nine months since we last caught up with the team behind Britain’s newest niche sports car, the Elemental RP1.Designed by a small group of engineers with experience at McLaren, Jeep, Porsche and numerous works BTCC teams, the RP1 is destined to rival high-performance, low-volume cars such as the BAC Mono, KTM X-Bow and Vuhl 05...
- US auto sales may drop about 40 percent in the next 25 years because of shared driverless cars, forcing mass-market producers such as General Motors and Ford to slash output, a Barclays Plc analyst said.
- Chevrolet, on the heels of the redesigned Ford Mustang, is bringing out a reskinned and re-engineered Camaro sports car for 2016, raising the ante in Detroit's pony car battle.
- Buick plans to introduce the Envision in Europe badged as an Opel and a Vauxhall, as well as a Holden in Australia, and has floated the possibility of bringing the new crossover to the U.S. in 2016.
- Takata move to spark U.S. recall of historic proportion; BMW's answer to Range Rover Evoque?; Chevy's missing 'zip' car; Nvidia's journey from gaming to cars.
May 19, 2015
- On Saturday, May 16th, the all-new 2016 Chevrolet Camaro revealed itself to the world, promising higher levels of performance, technology, and refinement in an effort to maintain its leadership in the sports car segment.
May 18, 2015
- The death toll from General Motors' faulty ignition switches has inched past 100, the office administering GM's compensation fund said.
- New Camaro is lighter and more powerful than ever before and has set its sights firmly on the new Ford Mustang The all-new, 2016 Chevrolet Camaro, which makes a shift from the aging Holden-sourced Zeta platform to the Alpha structure that underpins Cadillac’s ATS and CTS saloons. The result is that this sixth-generation Camaro is not only markedly more modern but also smaller and lighter.On the outside its proportions are unmistakably Camaro, but the design of Chevy’s pony car is more modern...
- As far as North American suppliers are concerned, Toyota and Honda are the gold standard, while Ford, Nissan, Fiat Chrysler and General Motors are also-rans.
- Robert O'Connell, former CFO of General Motors and CEO and chairman of General Motors Acceptance Corp., died May 8 in Boston.