April 23, 2014
- The 2015 Cadillac Escalade is about as American as an SUV can be. We didn't find the 420-hp, 6.
- Ferrari's Special Projects division creates one-off F12, Mark Fields favourite to take over from Mulally, Peugeot selling innovative compressed air tech, GM invests in battery factory Ferrari's Special Projects division has reportedly created a new one-off Targa version of the F12 Berlinetta. Although still disguised, the model has been modified with three new bonnet vents and a restyled front bumper. Reports suggest the car could be named SP America.The announcement of Ford COO Mark Fields as...
- We test the prototype all-electric Audi R8 that's capable of 0-62mph in 4.2sec, with an optimum range of 124 miles and a charging time of less than one hour A lot has changed since we last tested Audi’s all-electric sports car, the e-tron.Back in 2010 it was a four-wheel-drive, four-motor prototype that was destined for 1000-car per year production. It was set to receive distinct styling, its own spaceframe, a unique interior, a 1600kg kerb weight and due to be sold at “above R8” prices.Now it...
- Former General Motors CEOs and other executives should be called to testify to before Congress about the company's slow response to defective ignition switches in cars that have been linked to at least 13 deaths, a Democratic senator said on Tuesday.
- U.S. regulators are investigating whether a 2014 Chevrolet Impala's automatic-braking system kicked in unexpectedly at 40 miles per hour, causing a crash.
- General Motors is replacing its head of engineering and will divide its vehicle engineering organization into two divisions in a shakeup that the company says will improve quality and safety in the wake of its recall crisis.
April 22, 2014
- EDITOR WES RAYNAL: Spritely lil' bugger, this 2014 Buick Regal GS . It would be the Regal of choice if I was shopping for a Regal.
- Kelley Blue Book has just published its Top 10 best green cars of 2014 and, shockingly, neither Toyota nor Nissan came out in first place. Top 10 best green cars of 2014:
- BMW i3
- Nissan LEAF
- Toyota Prius
- Honda Accord hybrid
- Tesla Model S
- Chevrolet Volt
- Ford C-MAX
- Honda Civic
- Lexus ES 300h
- Volkswagen Jetta TDI
- New Corsa to launch at Paris motor show and go on sale early next year, features Adam-like styling and premium interior upgrades The new Vauxhall Corsa has been spotted here testing for the first time ahead of an expected debut at the Paris motor show in October. It will likely go on sale early next year.Based on a heavily revised version of the current car's platform, the new Corsa takes on similar looks to the current Vauxhall Adam, including that car's more prominent front grille and larger...
April 21, 2014
- While Western brands still stole the show in Beijing, Chinese manufacturers were still out in force to show they're ready to compete on the world stage The 2014 Beijing motor show might have featured headline acts from Western brands, but domestic manufacturers have also shown off their latest wares.While cars from the likes of Fengshen and BYD aren't going to shake Peugeot and Volkswagen from our front pages just yet, there are still a number of models worth keeping an eye on. Here's our round...
- When General Motors last week unveiled a new way for dealers to order parts needed for the 2.
- Kenneth Feinberg soon may begin trying to put a dollar figure on the damage inflicted by the faulty ignition switches in General Motors cars.
- After such a long and brutally cold winter, the warm sunshine was like a balm for the soul. We couldn't have picked a nicer day for a drive through the countryside in the 2014 Chevrolet Malibu, and while Oshawa isn't generally known for its picturesque qualities, the sun glinting off Lake Ontario behind General Motors headquarters made a fetching backdrop. What is a 2014 Chevrolet Malibu? Malibu is one of Chevrolet's oldest nameplates, having been...
April 20, 2014
- New hybrid crossover concept previews the look of Audi's potential Range Rover Evoque and Porsche Macan rival Audi has revealed its new Audi TT offroad concept car in China at the Beijing motor show."The Audi TT offroad concept provides a glimpse of how we might imagine a new model in the future TT family," said Audi technical chief Ulrich Hackenberg. "It will be the peak sporting SUV in its class."We chose to present the Audi TT offroad concept in China, our second domestic market, because it...