June 16, 2015
- What do you do with the used batteries when a vehicle like the Chevrolet Volt or Nissan Leaf are ready to be scrapped? You convert them in to alternative or backup power sources for other applications, such as buildings. For details, go to TheDetroitBureau.com.
May 4, 2015
- Chevrolet is again cutting the price of its Volt plug-in hybrid -- but this on the all-new 2016 model that will also get a 31% increase in battery-mode range. More from TheDetroitBureau.com.
- The all-new 2016 Chevrolet Volt will have a starting manufacturer's suggested retail price of about $33,995, which is about $1,200 cheaper than the current-generation plug-in hybrid from General Motors.
- Despite a significant improvement in style, performance and practicality, General Motors Company [NYSE:GM] is offering its second-generation Chevrolet Volt at a lower price than the original. The automaker has confirmed pricing for the 2016 Chevy Volt will start at just $33,995, including an $825 destination charge, making the car close to $1,200...
April 16, 2015
- It may be a bit confusing, but Chevrolet will be sticking with the name “Bolt” when it launches its 200-mile battery-electric vehicle next year. The story from TheDetroitBureau.com.
April 9, 2015
- Due sluggish sales and a new model on the horizon, GM plans to end production of the Chevrolet Volt extended range EV at its plant in Detroit in May. Hybrids and EVs haven't been faring well in the era of low gas prices, according to the story at TheDetroitBureau.com.
March 12, 2015
- General Motors Co. is recalling some Chevrolet Volt gas-electric hybrid cars to fix a problem that can cause carbon monoxide to build up in an enclosed space.
January 12, 2015
- Hot on the heels of the all-new 2016 Chevrolet Volt unveiled this morning at the 2015 Detroit Auto Show comes a new concept that signals the bowtie brand’s new pure electric strategy. It’s called the Bolt EV, and it’s a preview of a new battery-powered electric car due from General Motors Company [NYSE:GM] in the next couple of...
- General Motors on Monday showed off what direction its alternative fuel vehicle are headed in, unveiling the production model 2016 Chevrolet Volt and the Chevrolet Bolt EV concept at the 2015 North American International Auto Show in Detroit.
- Chevrolet’s second-generation Volt extended-range electric sedan has finally landed, making its debut in Detroit on the eve of the city’s annual auto show. The new Volt goes on sale later this year as a 2016 model and brings with it a much sleeker and sexier shape as well as an improved powertrain. Thanks to a completely revised...
- GM sparked plenty of interest with the 2010 debut of its first plug-in hybrid. Now it's back with the gen-2, 2016 Chevrolet Volt. TheDetroitBureau.com has a closer look - and plenty of inside details.
January 11, 2015
- First came the Chevrolet Volt, now comes the Chevy Bolt. Even as GM gets ready to reveal the Gen-2 version of its plug-in hybrid, it also plans to launch an all-new battery-electric vehicle that could deliver 200 miles range at barely $30,000. More on this unexpected breakthrough from TheDetroitBureau.com.
January 8, 2015
- A look at some of the buzz surrounding the Detroit Three as the 2015 North American International Auto Show draws near.
January 5, 2015
- A week before its official unveiling at the 2015 North American International Auto Show, GM pulled off a surprise, offering a sneak peek at the 2016 Chevy Volt, Meanwhile, a senior exec privately told TheDetroitBureau.com to expect "significant" improvements in range, mileage and performance, and a roomier, more upscale interior.
- General Motors Company [NYSE:GM] has used this week’s 2015 Consumer Electronics Show to tease its upcoming second-generation Chevrolet Volt. The new extended-range electric sedan was shown briefly during Chevy’s CES press preview on Sunday night and will be making its official debut in a week’s time at the 2015 Detroit Auto Show...