October 29, 2014
- Chevrolet will unveil its second-generation Volt extended-range electric car at the 2015 Detroit Auto Show in January, but it appears the automaker just couldn’t help itself from dropping a few details early. Prototypes spotted in the wild show only evolutionary changes for the exterior, but underneath the sheet metal the changes will be...
October 28, 2014
- General Motors CEO Mary Barra said Tuesday that the Detroit automaker plans to spend almost $300 million in Michigan from now to the end of the year as it ramps up production of the next-generation Chevrolet Volt and other vehicles.
October 27, 2014
- While GM isn’t expected to reveal its next-generation Chevrolet Volt plug-in hybrid until next January, the automaker will offer up a few select details during a speech by CEO Mary Barra later today. More from TheDetroitBureau.com.
September 21, 2014
- General Motors Company [NYSE:GM] has confirmed that the upcoming Cadillac flagship sedan designed to take on the BMW 7-Series and Mercedes-Benz S-Class will be built at its Detroit-Hamtramck plant. The plant currently builds the Cadillac ELR as well as the Volt and several other Chevy products, and in the fourth quarter of 2015 it will start...
August 7, 2014
- General Motors Co. today released the first image of the 2016 Volt at the 2014 Center for Automotive Research Management Briefing Seminars near Traverse City.
- GM will reveal an “all-new” version of its Chevrolet Volt plug-in hybrid vehicle at the 2015 Detroit Auto Show -- and while it isn't saying much else, TheDetroitBureau.com has learned a fair bit about what is likely on the way with the Gen-2 plug-in hybrid.
- General Motors Co. will unveil the next-generation Chevrolet Volt at the 2015 North American international Auto Show in January. Without offering specific details on the 2016 Volt, Chevrolet Chief Marketing Officer Tim Mahoney announced the unveiling and showed a rear end teaser photo (right) today at the 49th annual Center for Automotive Research Management Briefing Seminars near Traverse City.
July 24, 2014
- General Motors Company’s [NYSE:GM] European division Opel has confirmed it will drop the Ampera extended-range electric car when the car's global twin, the Chevrolet Volt, is replaced next year by all-new model. That doesn’t mean Opel is giving up on electric cars, as the automaker’s CEO Karl-Thomas Neumann has confirmed via a...
- GM today said 10 vehicles have started production with its new OnStar 4G LTE, including the 2015 Chevrolet Malibu, Impala and Volt and 2015 Buick Regal and LaCrosse that are currently on dealer lots.
July 23, 2014
- In a series of tweets Wednesday morning, Opel CEO said the company plans to replace the Detroit-built Opel Ampera with a new electric vehicle in the coming years.
April 30, 2014
- The Ford Mustang is new for 2015, and so far, it's rekindled its love affair with the 1964 New York World's Fair, and found itself chopped up and stuffed into the elevator shafts at the Empire State Building, all in an extravagant display of...heritage? ALSO SEE: GM Limiting Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 Parts For Exclusivity? While we stew and wait for...
April 24, 2014
- A much sleeker and sexier Chevrolet Volt is coming to showrooms next year, and we have the first spy shots of a prototype. This is the second generation of Chevy’s groundbreaking extended-range electric car, and though its styling is still not as avant-garde as that of the original Volt concept shown in 2007, it should still turn heads when...
April 9, 2014
- Despite sluggish sales for its Chevrolet Volt plug-in hybrid, General Motors appears to be making an even bigger bet on the future of electric vehicles as it prepares to invest $449 million in a key battery-car assembly plant and the factory that produces the lithium-ion packs that will be used there. For more, go to TheDetroitBureau.com.
April 8, 2014
- General Motors Co. plans to invest $449 million at two Michigan facilities for future electrified vehicle technologies, including the next-generation Chevrolet Volt. Gerald Johnson, GM vice president of North America manufacturing, said the Detroit-based automaker will investment $65 million at its Brownstown Battery Pack Assembly Plant and $384 million at the Detroit-Hamtramck Assembly Plant, where the company’s plug-in hybrid models are being produced.
January 28, 2014
- With a base price of $75,995 (including destination), the 2014 Cadillac ELR luxury coupe costs more than twice as much as the Chevrolet Volt it shares much of its running gear with. That may be the car's biggest drawback. That's why it's not surprising that Cadillac plans to sweeten to deal with extra equipment, and not just a set of wheel locks...