January 12, 2015
- Hot on the heels of the all-new 2016 Chevrolet Volt unveiled this morning at the 2015 Detroit Auto Show comes a new concept that signals the bowtie brand’s new pure electric strategy. It’s called the Bolt EV, and it’s a preview of a new battery-powered electric car due from General Motors Company [NYSE:GM] in the next couple of...
- General Motors on Monday showed off what direction its alternative fuel vehicle are headed in, unveiling the production model 2016 Chevrolet Volt and the Chevrolet Bolt EV concept at the 2015 North American International Auto Show in Detroit.
- Chevrolet’s second-generation Volt extended-range electric sedan has finally landed, making its debut in Detroit on the eve of the city’s annual auto show. The new Volt goes on sale later this year as a 2016 model and brings with it a much sleeker and sexier shape as well as an improved powertrain. Thanks to a completely revised...
- GM sparked plenty of interest with the 2010 debut of its first plug-in hybrid. Now it's back with the gen-2, 2016 Chevrolet Volt. TheDetroitBureau.com has a closer look - and plenty of inside details.
January 11, 2015
- First came the Chevrolet Volt, now comes the Chevy Bolt. Even as GM gets ready to reveal the Gen-2 version of its plug-in hybrid, it also plans to launch an all-new battery-electric vehicle that could deliver 200 miles range at barely $30,000. More on this unexpected breakthrough from TheDetroitBureau.com.
January 8, 2015
- A look at some of the buzz surrounding the Detroit Three as the 2015 North American International Auto Show draws near.
January 5, 2015
- A week before its official unveiling at the 2015 North American International Auto Show, GM pulled off a surprise, offering a sneak peek at the 2016 Chevy Volt, Meanwhile, a senior exec privately told TheDetroitBureau.com to expect "significant" improvements in range, mileage and performance, and a roomier, more upscale interior.
- General Motors Company [NYSE:GM] has used this week’s 2015 Consumer Electronics Show to tease its upcoming second-generation Chevrolet Volt. The new extended-range electric sedan was shown briefly during Chevy’s CES press preview on Sunday night and will be making its official debut in a week’s time at the 2015 Detroit Auto Show...
October 29, 2014
- Chevrolet will unveil its second-generation Volt extended-range electric car at the 2015 Detroit Auto Show in January, but it appears the automaker just couldn’t help itself from dropping a few details early. Prototypes spotted in the wild show only evolutionary changes for the exterior, but underneath the sheet metal the changes will be...
October 28, 2014
- General Motors CEO Mary Barra said Tuesday that the Detroit automaker plans to spend almost $300 million in Michigan from now to the end of the year as it ramps up production of the next-generation Chevrolet Volt and other vehicles.
October 27, 2014
- While GM isn’t expected to reveal its next-generation Chevrolet Volt plug-in hybrid until next January, the automaker will offer up a few select details during a speech by CEO Mary Barra later today. More from TheDetroitBureau.com.
September 21, 2014
- General Motors Company [NYSE:GM] has confirmed that the upcoming Cadillac flagship sedan designed to take on the BMW 7-Series and Mercedes-Benz S-Class will be built at its Detroit-Hamtramck plant. The plant currently builds the Cadillac ELR as well as the Volt and several other Chevy products, and in the fourth quarter of 2015 it will start...
August 7, 2014
- General Motors Co. today released the first image of the 2016 Volt at the 2014 Center for Automotive Research Management Briefing Seminars near Traverse City.
- GM will reveal an “all-new” version of its Chevrolet Volt plug-in hybrid vehicle at the 2015 Detroit Auto Show -- and while it isn't saying much else, TheDetroitBureau.com has learned a fair bit about what is likely on the way with the Gen-2 plug-in hybrid.
- General Motors Co. will unveil the next-generation Chevrolet Volt at the 2015 North American international Auto Show in January. Without offering specific details on the 2016 Volt, Chevrolet Chief Marketing Officer Tim Mahoney announced the unveiling and showed a rear end teaser photo (right) today at the 49th annual Center for Automotive Research Management Briefing Seminars near Traverse City.