July 24, 2014
- General Motors Company’s [NYSE:GM] European division Opel has confirmed it will drop the Ampera extended-range electric car when the car's global twin, the Chevrolet Volt, is replaced next year by all-new model. That doesn’t mean Opel is giving up on electric cars, as the automaker’s CEO Karl-Thomas Neumann has confirmed via a...
- GM today said 10 vehicles have started production with its new OnStar 4G LTE, including the 2015 Chevrolet Malibu, Impala and Volt and 2015 Buick Regal and LaCrosse that are currently on dealer lots.
July 23, 2014
- In a series of tweets Wednesday morning, Opel CEO said the company plans to replace the Detroit-built Opel Ampera with a new electric vehicle in the coming years.
April 30, 2014
- The Ford Mustang is new for 2015, and so far, it's rekindled its love affair with the 1964 New York World's Fair, and found itself chopped up and stuffed into the elevator shafts at the Empire State Building, all in an extravagant display of...heritage? ALSO SEE: GM Limiting Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 Parts For Exclusivity? While we stew and wait for...
April 24, 2014
- A much sleeker and sexier Chevrolet Volt is coming to showrooms next year, and we have the first spy shots of a prototype. This is the second generation of Chevy’s groundbreaking extended-range electric car, and though its styling is still not as avant-garde as that of the original Volt concept shown in 2007, it should still turn heads when...
April 9, 2014
- Despite sluggish sales for its Chevrolet Volt plug-in hybrid, General Motors appears to be making an even bigger bet on the future of electric vehicles as it prepares to invest $449 million in a key battery-car assembly plant and the factory that produces the lithium-ion packs that will be used there. For more, go to TheDetroitBureau.com.
April 8, 2014
- General Motors Co. plans to invest $449 million at two Michigan facilities for future electrified vehicle technologies, including the next-generation Chevrolet Volt. Gerald Johnson, GM vice president of North America manufacturing, said the Detroit-based automaker will investment $65 million at its Brownstown Battery Pack Assembly Plant and $384 million at the Detroit-Hamtramck Assembly Plant, where the company’s plug-in hybrid models are being produced.
January 28, 2014
- With a base price of $75,995 (including destination), the 2014 Cadillac ELR luxury coupe costs more than twice as much as the Chevrolet Volt it shares much of its running gear with. That may be the car's biggest drawback. That's why it's not surprising that Cadillac plans to sweeten to deal with extra equipment, and not just a set of wheel locks...
January 6, 2014
- At the 2014 Consumer Electronics Show taking place in Las Vegas this week, Chevrolet announced the first of its models that will be offering as an option the high-speed connectivity that only 4G LTE can provide. Those initial models include 2015 model year Corvette, Impala, Malibu and Volt that launch this summer. They will be followed by the...
December 17, 2013
- General Motors' Detroit-Hamtramck assembly plant has begun shipping the 2014 Cadillac ELR luxury coupe to dealers, ahead of the car's January on-sale date. The beginning of ELR production marks the return of Cadillac to Detroit-Hamtramck, which also builds the ELR's twin, the Chevrolet Volt. The last Cadillac built there was the 2011 DTS sedan...
November 21, 2013
- About 50 company employees and guests applauded as a forklift eased the last of 50 crates, each containing nine batteries, onto a semi-truck bound for Chevrolet assembly plant in Brownston, MI.
October 16, 2013
- General Motors Co. this week announced that Apple’s intelligent personal assistant’s “Eyes Free Integration” will expand to the 2014 Camaro, Cruze, Equinox, Malibu, SS and Volt. The system was previously available on Chevy Sonic, Spark and Spark EV models.
October 11, 2013
- The 2014 Cadillac ELR, the Wreath-and-Crest brand's first plug-in car, will go on sale in January. The ELR will start at $75,995, including destination. That's more than twice the price of the Chevrolet Volt it's based on, and about $15,000 higher than had been generally expected. A $7,500 Federal tax credit might alleviate some of that sticker...
- Cadillac will introduce its first battery-car, the plug-in 2014 ELR, in January. Sharing the basic underpinnings of the more mainstream Chevrolet Volt, it will test the waters for more up-market battery vehicles – with Caddy determined to “tackle” rival Tesla Motors. As TheDetroitBureau.com reports, those makers aren't the only ones targeting the up-market opportunities for battery power.
September 19, 2013
- Infiniti's still-new boss Johan de Nysschen is not afraid to speak his mind on a variety of topics. Today, he's talking about Infiniti, and how it needs to "de-Americanize" itself to succeed. De Nysschen has previously mocked American efforts to build an extended-range electric vehicle, (in)famously pronouncing the Chevrolet Volt to be a "car for...