November 12, 2014
- The low gas prices that have benefitted sales of full-size pickups and SUVs has also cut demand for small cars and as a result forced General Motors to lay off 510 hourly workers at two plants in Michigan that produce small cars. However, 350 of those may be temporary. To find out why, go to The DetroitBureau.com.
November 10, 2014
- Chevrolet’s current Malibu was all-new for the 2013 model year but after lacklustre sales some updates were rushed for 2014. Unfortunately, one of the car’s most prominent drawbacks, a lack of room in the rear, will have to wait until a full redesign. A prototype for a new Malibu has now been spotted, ahead of a likely reveal late next...
- General Motors routinely sell more cars in China than it does in the United States and October was no exception as GM and its joint ventures delivered 291,371 vehicles to customers in China last month, setting a new October record. Additionally, Lincoln will open eight stores in China by year's end. For details, go to TheDetroitBureau.com.
November 3, 2014
- New car sales, aided by falling gasoline sales and the popularity of trucks, remained robust in October. Not only did trucks perform well, but smaller cars, such as the Chevy Cruze, Nissan Versa and others also saw impressive returns. To get all the early returns, please go to TheDetroitBureau.com.
- General Motors' total sales in the U.S. last month were flat at 226,819 units, but it marked the Detroit automaker's best October since 2007.
October 16, 2014
- Long the world’s best-selling carmaker, General Motors has slipped another notch down the automotive ladder, Volkswagen pushing past to become number two in the industry pecking order. But they're both facing off with a Japanese industry behemoth, reports TheDetroitBureau.com.
October 15, 2014
- Despite posting its strongest third quarter since 1980, General Motors appears to have given up its spot at second place in global sales to Volkswagen for the first nine months of 2014.
- With sales of truck and utility vehicles going strong, early returns indicate October will be another good month for General Motors, executives said this week. This months' sales results are tracking to be repeat of September sales with trucks and SUVs leading the charge. To get the early returns, please go to TheDetroitBureau.com.
- General Motors posted its best third quarter for global sales since 1980 as China continues to be a hot market for automakers from the U.S. to Germany to Japan..
October 13, 2014
- The automotive sales race in China is a neck-and-neck affair, but the Volkswagen Group holds a lead of about 140,000 units over General Motors. VW's sales are up 15% for the year while GM is only up 11.6% through September. The market is still growing, but Ford and Nissan lost ground in September, according to TheDetroitBureau.com.
October 2, 2014
- Strong sales of trucks and crossovers helped push General Motors to a 19 percent rise in U.S. sales in September.
September 24, 2014
- Moving the headquarters to New York will help boost the brand to an apparent level of bourgeois not as readily found in the Rust Belt.
September 23, 2014
- Volkswagen AG’s various operations in China have combined to build up a significant lead over rival General Motors even as both companies chalked up double-digit sales increases during the first eight months of 2014. VW's sales are up 16.5% compared with GM's 11.1% through August. For details, please go to TheDetroitBureau.com.
September 16, 2014
- With sales exceeding initially cautious expectations, GM plans to sharply boost production of its new Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon pickups. It will add a third shift - creating 750 jobs in the process - at its pickup plant in Wentzville, MO, reports TheDetroitBureau.com.
September 12, 2014
- General Motors dealers have been told to halt sales of 2,800 of the maker’s new Chevrolet Corvette models because of a pair of potential problems. The move is the latest in a series of so-called Stop-Sale notices issued by the Detroit maker, which will likely follow up with a recall of the 'Vettes. For details, click on TheDetroitBureau.com.