December 5, 2013
- General Motors reported its sales in China increased 13% in November as the company edged closer to its goals of selling 3 million vehicles to Chinese customers in a single year. GM's success comes as Fiat and Chrysler are making inroads into the country. For more information, go to TheDetroitBureau.com.
- General Motors is yanking its Chevrolet brand from most of Europe by 2016 hoping it will bolster sales for its Opel and Vauxhall brands. While Chevy's been in Europe for nearly a decade, pulling it may not guarantee sales for its Opel and Vauxhall brands. To see what GM is doing, go to TheDetroitBureau.com.
December 2, 2013
- Battery car sales haven't been meeting expectations though, surprisingly, high-end electrics are generating some real interest -- something Cadillac hopes to tap into as it launches the new ELR plug-in hybrid. Is it worth the nearly $80,000 price tag? Check this review on TheDetroitBureau.com.
November 27, 2013
- The first special edition Corvette Stingray has been launched, helping to mark the start of the holiday season as well as the sales launch of the car’s convertible variant. The special edition comes in the Corvette Stingray’s range-topping 3LT trim, and only 550 examples will be built. A day after announcing that production of its...
- To mark the sales launch of its 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible and get the holiday season going, Chevrolet is launching a new special edition. The new special edition is called the “Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition Convertible” and it will be produced in a limited run of just 550 cars. It is based on the Corvette Stingray...
November 12, 2013
- The 2014 Chevrolet SS muscle sedan has just gone on sale, priced from $44,470. For that sum, you get a roomy, well-equipped sedan with a 415-horsepower V-8 spinning the rear wheels. Unfortunately, there are only two options available, and neither involves adding more power under the hood. Those options include a power sunroof and a full-size...
November 8, 2013
- According to the Dearborn-based automaker, 32 percent of buyers are under 35, compared with 22 percent of non-ST Focus owners; and 65 percent, traded in a non-Ford vehicle to buy their car – the highest percentage of conquest sales for a non-hybrid vehicle among all Ford cars and trucks. The most traded-in brands: Honda, Chevrolet, Mazda and Toyota.
November 1, 2013
- The Detroit Three are going into the end of the year on a high note. Each of the automakers reported double-digit gains in October, led by General Motors Co. up 16 percent, followed by Ford Motor Co. up 14 percent and Chrysler Group LLC up 11 percent.
October 28, 2013
- Hope of General Motors ever launching a modern-day Chevrolet El Camino based on the Holden Commodore Ute are fading fast, with news coming out today the once popular Holden utility won’t be replaced when a new Commodore is launched in 2017. The Commodore Ute has seen a 31 percent drop in sales over the past 12 months due to stiff competition...
October 17, 2013
- Chevrolet, according to GM, sold 1.25 million vehicles around the world in the third quarter of 2013, up 0.6 percent over the same period in 2012. Overall, GM posted sales of more than 2.4 million vehicles in the third quarter of 2013, an increase of 5.5 percent over the same period in 2012. It reports its global market share is 11.6 percent.
- National Automobile Dealers Association chairman David Westcott, who owns a Buick-GMC dealership in Burlington, N.C., said the more than two-week partial shutdown, which ended Wednesday, hurt consumer confidence, thus harming sales. He compared the “lull in sales” to election season, when consumer confidence usually dips.
October 14, 2013
- Volkswagen AG and General Motors are locked in a bitter duel over sales leadership in China with the edge going to VW during the first nine months of the year. As TheDetroitBureau.com reports, the Chinese auto market is regaining momentum after an unexpected slowdown earlier in the year.
October 10, 2013
- Chevrolet is celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Malibu with a mild redesign to charge up lagging sales. The new 2014 version gives owners a larger back seat, a new engine, a new front fascia as well as new technology aimed at making driving safer. Check it out at TheDetroitBureau.com.
October 8, 2013
- GM unveiled the new luxury sport utility vehicle Monday night in New York City with hopes of growing sales, continuing to evolve the Cadillac brand and leading its segment, according to Cadillac senior vice president Bob Ferguson.
October 1, 2013
- Of the Detroit automakers, Ford Motor Co. was really the only bright star with sales up 6 percent compared to September 2012, followed by Chrysler Group LLC about even, up less than 1 percent; and General Motors Co. down 11 percent.