April 21, 2015
- Increased sales in North America, China and Western Europe helped push General Motors to a 2 percent rise in sales to 2.4 million vehicles sold globally in the first quarter.
- General Motors is hanging on by a thread when it comes to the competition for the title “World’s Largest Automaker” as the maker sold 2.42 million vehicles in the first quarter of this year, trailing VW by 700k units. For more, go to TheDetroitBureau.com.
April 15, 2015
- Cadillac is boosting the performance of its ELR coupe even as it cuts the price of the plug-in hybrid in a bid to boost sales of the compact battery vehicle. The brand isn't alone in trying to cut prices to drive sales these days. Find out more at TheDetroitBureau.com.
April 9, 2015
- Due sluggish sales and a new model on the horizon, GM plans to end production of the Chevrolet Volt extended range EV at its plant in Detroit in May. Hybrids and EVs haven't been faring well in the era of low gas prices, according to the story at TheDetroitBureau.com.
April 7, 2015
- General Motors and Ford saw their vehicle sales grow in China during March despite concerns about the slower growth in the Chinese economy. GM's sales were up 8% and Ford's were up 1% last month. For details about the results, go to TheDetroitBureau.com.
April 1, 2015
- General Motors delivered 249,875 vehicles in March, a decline of 2 percent from the same month a year ago.
March 5, 2015
- Chevrolet’s current Malibu was all-new for the 2013 model year but after a lackluster sales performance some updates were rushed for 2014. Unfortunately, one of the car’s biggest drawbacks, a lack of room in the rear, will have to wait until a full redesign. The good news is that the redesign is coming much sooner than we first...
March 3, 2015
- General Motors posted Tuesday a 4 percent increase in U.S. to 231,378 vehicles delivered in February.
February 12, 2015
- Chevrolet’s new 2016 Equinox builds on five years of increasing sales with a styling revamp, a slew of safety advancements and new entertainment technology. The new Equinox hits dealer showrooms this fall, but you can get a look now by going to TheDetroitBureau.com.
- The drop in gas prices has helped spur sales of full-size pickup trucks, but Chevy is looking to carve out a niche in the segment – nice, but not too nice – with its new Silverado Custom introduced at the Chicago Auto Show. To see more, go to TheDetroitBureau.com.
February 9, 2015
- It was the best of times. It was the worst of times … or, when describing General Motors’ sales results in China last month, it was a subpar time. GM sales in China fell 2.4% in January while Ford hit a record number with a 19% jump. For more, go to TheDetroitBureau.com.
- The new Equinox will be unveiled just a few weeks after General Motors announced the model's sales rose a respectable 34 percent year-over-year in the U.S. in January.
February 4, 2015
- Ford and General Motors want and need to grow sales in California: territory long dominated by their Japanese rivals. Recent sales of each maker's more popular models suggest they may have found the secret to success in the Golden State. Go to TheDetroitBureau.com for more.
- General Motors saw earnings surge 22.2% during the last three months of 2014, driven by strong U.S. and Chinese sales. However, the maker also reported a sharp decline in its full-year net income due costs associated with recalls. For details, check out TheDetroitBureau.com.
February 3, 2015
- Strong demand for trucks and crossovers led General Motors to post an 18 percent rise year-over-year in U.S. sales last month to 202,786 units.