September 16, 2014
- With sales exceeding initially cautious expectations, GM plans to sharply boost production of its new Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon pickups. It will add a third shift - creating 750 jobs in the process - at its pickup plant in Wentzville, MO, reports TheDetroitBureau.com.
September 12, 2014
- General Motors dealers have been told to halt sales of 2,800 of the maker’s new Chevrolet Corvette models because of a pair of potential problems. The move is the latest in a series of so-called Stop-Sale notices issued by the Detroit maker, which will likely follow up with a recall of the 'Vettes. For details, click on TheDetroitBureau.com.
September 3, 2014
- General Motors is reporting its U.S. sales fell 1.2 percent last month despite strong demand for the Flint-built Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra.
- General Motors Co.'s August vehicle sales were off by 1 percent year-over-year in the U.S., with 272,423 cars deliveries.
August 28, 2014
- Chevrolet Cruze sales are driving strong globally, according to General Motors Co. The Detroit-based automaker today announced sales of the compact topped 3 million units earlier this month, only 16 months after sales hit 2 million.
August 22, 2014
- As part of an ambitious campaign to grow the brand and expand its line-up, Cadillac is giving serious thought to moving some of its key team members out of Detroit, with a new base in New York one of the possibilities, several well-placed sources have confirmed for TheDetroitBureau.com.
August 21, 2014
- Chevrolet is hoping to expand the appeal of its big Silverado line with the launch of a new series of Rally Editions that, it promises, will give the truck a “new attitude.” It can use the help. Despite getting rave reviews and awards, its sales lag those of the Ford F-150 and Fiat Chrysler Ram 1500. To get all of the deals, please click on TheDetroitBureau.com.
August 18, 2014
- It was the manufacturer to beat for 75 years, but General Motors has been steadily losing ground in recent years. Whether one measures from a vehicle sales standpoint or in terms of revenues, GM's mojo is fading these days. It fell to third place in sales in the first half of this year and fourth in gross revenue. For more, go to TheDetroitBureau.com.
August 13, 2014
- General Motors and Ford continued to roll up record sales in China last month where both companies are continuing to expand their presence in what has become the world's largest automotive market. GM and its joint ventures surpassed 2 million in sales for the fifth consecutive year. For the details, go to TheDetroitBureau.com.
August 1, 2014
- Detroit automakers reported solid U.S. sales gains in July, led by crossovers and sport utility vehicles. Chrysler led the way for the Detroit Three, with sales jumping 20 percent for the month, followed by Ford Motor Co. up 10 percent and General Motors Co. with a 9 percent uptick.
- Despite its ongoing recall crisis, General Motors Co. experienced strong sales gains in July. The Detroit-based automaker today reported it sold 256,160 vehicles last month in the U.S., up 9.4 percent compared to July 2013. Retail sales – those to individual customers – were up 4 percent. Commercial deliveries were up 69 percent and all other fleet deliveries were up 21 percent.
- The F Sport models will play a bigger role at Lexus going forward. After seeing success with the IS 250 and IS 350 F Sports, Lexus is expanding the line-up to include the NX crossover and RX coupe. The F Sport competes with Mercedes' AMG, BMW's M-Series and even Cadillac's V-Sport models, according to TheDetroitBureau.com.
July 23, 2014
- Promising to regain its lead as the world’s top luxury carmaker, Daimler has unleashed an unprecedented product assault that is gaining traction with consumers – driving a surge in second-quarter sales and earnings for the parent of Mercedes-Benz and Smart. The numbers from TheDetroitBureau.com.
July 17, 2014
- Despite recalling millions of vehicles and watching billions of dollars in new legal claims pile up during the first half of the year, General Motors is still in a relatively close race for global sales leadership with rivals Volkswagen and Toyota. More from TheDetroitBureau.com.
July 11, 2014
- Cadillac is losing another key executive, its global chief Robert Ferguson heading to Washington to serve as GM's top lobbyist and an advisor to CEO Barra. The departure comes at a tough time for the maker as sales slump despite the launch of some critical new products, reports TheDetroitBureau.com.