May 23, 2013
- As the Detroit Three automakers switch from checking the wind chill to heat index, the usual mid-July shutdown looks to be a thing of the past: at least this summer. Ford Motor Co. and Chrysler Group are reducing their annual two-week summer shutdowns to one week while General Motors Co. may not shut down at all. Read about it at TheDetroitBureau.com.
May 1, 2013
- General Motors Co., Ford Motor Co. and Chrysler Group LLC each experienced double-digit sales increases last month compared to the same time last year.
- General Motors Co. sold 237,646 vehicles in the United States in April, up 11 percent compared with a year ago.
April 16, 2013
- The Flint Engine Operations builds the 1.4-liter engine that goes into the Chevrolet Cruze.
- In total, GM said it posted sales of more than 2.36 million in the first quarter of 2013, an increase of 3.6 percent, outpacing the industry which was up 1.5 percent, compared with the same period in 2012.
- Generating almost exactly half of its parent’s worldwide total, Chevrolet posted sales of 1.18 million vehicles during the first quarter of 2013, its 10th consecutive quarterly record – despite the continuing slide of the European automotive market. TheDetroitBureau.com takes a closer look at the numbers.
April 14, 2013
- General Motors Co. Friday named Steve Majoros, former managing director of Warren-based Campbell-Ewald, director of Global Cadillac Marketing. Majoros will assume responsibility for domestic and global marketing to ensure tight coordination between Cadillac’s marketing, advertising and sales field teams, officials said.
- The Detroit-based automaker not only expects the new 10th-generation vehicle -- available at Chevrolet dealerships nationwide -- to grow its own sales, but the entire, dwindling large sedan segment.
April 10, 2013
- General Motors has given another sign of its commitment to turning around the sales performance at Opel by announcing today it will invest a further 4 billion euros (approximately $5.2 billion) in the struggling European automaker. The investment, which will span the next four years, is designed to strengthen Opel’s 10-year DRIVE!2022...
April 3, 2013
- General Motors continues to score big in China, its sales increasing by double digits again during March despite worrisome signs of trouble in what is now the world’s largest automotive market. More from TheDetroitBureau.com.
April 2, 2013
- The Detroit-based automaker sold 245,950 vehicles in March, up 6 percent compared with a year ago. Retail sales increased 4 percent, fleet sales were up 12 percent and the fleet mix was 27 percent of total sales.
March 29, 2013
- Cadillac expects to chalk up big sales gains this year thanks to the growing popularity of the new Cadillac ATS and the arrival of the new Cadillac CTS this fall, which was unveiled at the New York International Auto Show.
March 25, 2013
- The second generation of the full-size Buick LaCrosse sedan dates back to the 2010 model year, and sales have remained relatively consistent for Buick in the United States market. The LaCrosse is also a hot commodity in China, so General Motors is hesitant to fix something that isn’t broken. Nonetheless, Buick is rolling out a refreshed...
March 4, 2013
- After a disappointing finish to 2012, Cadillac got some much-needed momentum when its new ATS compact luxury sedan was named North American Car of the Year. That and other kudos appear to be paying off, the GM luxury brand increasing sales by nearly a third so far this year. TheDetroitBureau.com takes a closer look.
March 3, 2013
- Kurt McNeil, GM vice president of U.S. sales operations, said the Detroit-based automaker will announce pricing, fuel economy and various performance statistics for the 2014 Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra later this month.