March 5, 2015
- Chevrolet’s current Malibu was all-new for the 2013 model year but after a lackluster sales performance some updates were rushed for 2014. Unfortunately, one of the car’s biggest drawbacks, a lack of room in the rear, will have to wait until a full redesign. The good news is that the redesign is coming much sooner than we first...
March 3, 2015
- General Motors posted Tuesday a 4 percent increase in U.S. to 231,378 vehicles delivered in February.
February 12, 2015
- Chevrolet’s new 2016 Equinox builds on five years of increasing sales with a styling revamp, a slew of safety advancements and new entertainment technology. The new Equinox hits dealer showrooms this fall, but you can get a look now by going to TheDetroitBureau.com.
- The drop in gas prices has helped spur sales of full-size pickup trucks, but Chevy is looking to carve out a niche in the segment – nice, but not too nice – with its new Silverado Custom introduced at the Chicago Auto Show. To see more, go to TheDetroitBureau.com.
February 9, 2015
- It was the best of times. It was the worst of times … or, when describing General Motors’ sales results in China last month, it was a subpar time. GM sales in China fell 2.4% in January while Ford hit a record number with a 19% jump. For more, go to TheDetroitBureau.com.
- The new Equinox will be unveiled just a few weeks after General Motors announced the model's sales rose a respectable 34 percent year-over-year in the U.S. in January.
February 4, 2015
- Ford and General Motors want and need to grow sales in California: territory long dominated by their Japanese rivals. Recent sales of each maker's more popular models suggest they may have found the secret to success in the Golden State. Go to TheDetroitBureau.com for more.
- General Motors saw earnings surge 22.2% during the last three months of 2014, driven by strong U.S. and Chinese sales. However, the maker also reported a sharp decline in its full-year net income due costs associated with recalls. For details, check out TheDetroitBureau.com.
February 3, 2015
- Strong demand for trucks and crossovers led General Motors to post an 18 percent rise year-over-year in U.S. sales last month to 202,786 units.
January 20, 2015
- Since taking over the reins at Cadillac last year, Johan de Nysschen has been dropping plenty of hints about the brand’s future. While the hints have tended to focus on new high-end product from Cadillac, of more importance to the brand’s sales performance is the need to fill some gaping holes in more mainstream segments...
January 14, 2015
- General Motors said Wednesday its global vehicle deliveries in 2014 rose 2 percent year-over-year to 9,924,880 units, marking a second straight year of record sales for the Detroit automaker.
January 8, 2015
- It’s looking like 2014 was a bumper year for luxury automakers, with many reporting record sales for the period. One of these was Bentley, which reported sales of 11,020 cars during the past year, a 9 percent increase on the 10,120 it sold in 2013. MUST SEE: Mid-Engined Chevrolet Corvette Spy Shots By comparison, main rival Rolls-Royce...
- Despite Cadillac chief Johan de Nysschen as recently as September saying he wouldn’t reduce prices or offer huge incentives, even in the face of slowing sales, the price of certain CTS trim levels have been reduced, in some cases by as much as $3,000. To help rebuild its image as a premier luxury brand, Cadillac recently embarked on a...
- Hoping to reverse a sharp slump in sales of an otherwise well-reviewed new model, Cadillac is slashing the price of its midsize CTS sedan by as much as $3,000, while also adding more standard features. CTS sales were down 3.8%. Go to TheDetroitBureau for the rest of the story.
- Former General Motors marketing exec Mark LaNeve has been named the new vice president of U.S. sales, service and marketing at rival Ford Motor Co. LaNeve has previously run GM's sales and marketing efforts and prior to that headed up Cadillac. For more, go to TheDetroitBureau.com.