April 22, 2014
- Chevrolet is about to start sales of a facelifted version of its Cruze sedan in the U.S. later this year, but the next generation of the car has already been revealed. The new Cruze, which is due in local showrooms next year, as a 2016 model, was revealed over the weekend at the 2014 Beijing Auto Show. The car was revealed in its Chinese...
April 16, 2014
- Besides GM CEO Mary Barra, executives with GM's global brands -- Chevrolet and Cadillac -- said they don't see the recalls, which totaled nearly 7 million vehicles in the first three months of 2014, negatively impacting sales.
- General Motors recently pulled the wraps off its 2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Convertible, and the car has now been presented at the 2014 New York Auto Show. It arrives just in time for some spring-time dreaming about top-down driving. Top-down driving with 625 horsepower, that is. Unfortunately, sales of the car won't start until early next year...
April 9, 2014
- Despite sluggish sales for its Chevrolet Volt plug-in hybrid, General Motors appears to be making an even bigger bet on the future of electric vehicles as it prepares to invest $449 million in a key battery-car assembly plant and the factory that produces the lithium-ion packs that will be used there. For more, go to TheDetroitBureau.com.
April 7, 2014
- General Motors, which could use a bit of good news these days, is off to a fast start in the Chinese market where GM’s total sales could top 1 million units by the middle of April as the auto giant and its partners fight to regain the leadership in China from rival Volkswagen AG. To see more, go to TheDetroitBureau.com.
- Chevrolet has confirmed that its lightning-fast 8L90 eight-speed automatic introduced on the 2015 Corvette Z06 will also be available on the 2015 Corvette Stingray, when sales of the latter commence this fall (the supercharged Z06 isn’t due in showrooms until early next year). The only difference will be unique clutch and torque converter...
April 4, 2014
- The Ram celebrated its best-ever sales month in March, highlighted by the fact it actually outsold the Chevrolet Silverado for the first time on a monthly basis in 15 years. However, GM officials accused its competition of buying market share last month set the stage for an April sales showdown. For more, go to TheDetroitBureau.com.
April 1, 2014
- General Motors Co. today reported U.S. sales increased 4 percent to 256,047 vehicles sold in March. Leading the Detroit-based automaker was Buick, up 13.4 percent compared to a year ago, followed by GMC up 7.4 percent, Chevrolet up 3.3 percent and Cadillac down 6.3 percent.
March 28, 2014
- The bad news for General Motors continues to rain down. The company sent dealers a letter telling them to stop selling 2013 and 2014 Chevy Cruzes with 1.4-liter turbo charged engines. The maker also recalled the Cadillac ELR hybrid to resolve a stability glitch. For more about the issues, head over to TheDetroitBureau.com.
March 20, 2014
- The top executive of General Motors apologized for deaths linked to the delayed recall of 1.6 million small cars, saying the company took too long to tell owners to bring the cars in for repairs. Faced with a crisis just months into the job, CEO Mary Barra has put herself front and center in the company's efforts to take responsibility for mishandling a defect with ignition switches in small cars, and to ward off a threat to its sales and reputation. She named a new head of global safety, one...
March 6, 2014
- Tales of a sluggish Chinese economy isn’t hurting sales for General Motors and Ford. The two U.S. automakers, which continue to expand their footprints in the country, posted record results in February after seeing strong results in January too. For more on the results, please go to TheDetroitBureau.com.
March 4, 2014
- General Motors Co. today reported its U.S. sales last month slightly declined from a year ago. GM reported February sales declined about 1 percent to 222,104 vehicles sold. Officials attributed the decline to severe weather conditions.
February 11, 2014
- General Motors Co. is looking to grow its commercial business this year with new products, led by a next-generation lineup of pickups and the recently unveiled Chevrolet City Express van. Ed Peper, U.S. vice president of GM fleet and commercial sales, said the Detroit-based automaker sees ''tons of opportunity'' in the new vehicles segments for its commercial market – an important division for U.S. automakers.
February 3, 2014
- General Motors Co. today reported a 12 percent decrease in January sales compared to a year ago. The Detroit-based automaker sold 171,486 vehicles last month, with each of GM’s brands reporting sales declines. Buick was the only brand even close to breaking even, with sales down 1.4 percent compared to January 2013. GMC, Chevrolet and Cadillac were all down at least 10 percent.
January 31, 2014
- Volkswagen AG reported it sold 9.73 million vehicles worldwide in 2013, which puts it in second place for the year well behind Toyota and slightly ahead of General Motors. However, VW includes heavy-duty truck sales in its totals, which GM doesn't sell so the claim is somewhat dubious. For more, go to TheDetroitBureau.com.