July 23, 2014
- Promising to regain its lead as the world’s top luxury carmaker, Daimler has unleashed an unprecedented product assault that is gaining traction with consumers – driving a surge in second-quarter sales and earnings for the parent of Mercedes-Benz and Smart. The numbers from TheDetroitBureau.com.
July 17, 2014
- Despite recalling millions of vehicles and watching billions of dollars in new legal claims pile up during the first half of the year, General Motors is still in a relatively close race for global sales leadership with rivals Volkswagen and Toyota. More from TheDetroitBureau.com.
July 11, 2014
- Cadillac is losing another key executive, its global chief Robert Ferguson heading to Washington to serve as GM's top lobbyist and an advisor to CEO Barra. The departure comes at a tough time for the maker as sales slump despite the launch of some critical new products, reports TheDetroitBureau.com.
July 9, 2014
- Cadillac has revealed its updated 2015 ATS sedan, which features new styling up front, more power for its available turbocharged engine, and a few new tech goodies. Sales commence late this summer. Porsche is working on an update for its Boxster, which we’re expecting to be introduced for the 2017 model year. Today we have the first spy...
July 8, 2014
- General Motors, Ford and their joint venture partners posted record sales in China for the first half of the 2014, capping off the period with a strong showing in June. GM’s sales in China in the first six months increased 10.5% from last year’s previous record while Ford China reported a 35% increase. To get all the info, head over to TheDetroitBureau.com.
- Ford Motor Co. and General Motors Co. continued substantial growth in China through the first half of 2014.
July 1, 2014
- Overall June was another stellar month for U.S. automakers, General Motors faced positives and negatives. The automaker’s sweeping recalls managed to divert attention away from the troubles at Cadillac and its flat sales, to post a 1% overall increase. Most other automakers saw sales jumps too. To get the details, go to TheDetroitBureau.com.
- With motorists facing new worries over rising gasoline prices, sales of fuel-efficient passenger cars perked up in June, while General Motors Co. surprised some observers by posting a modest 1% sales increase despite its ongoing recall crisis. More from TheDetroitBureau.com.
- General Motors Co. today announced its best June U.S. sales in seven years. The Detroit-based automaker reports it sold roughly 267,500 vehicles in June, up 1 percent from a year ago and GM's best June performance since 2007.
June 19, 2014
- This was supposed to be a big year for Cadillac as it rolled out new models like the CTS and updated Escalade, but with sales taking an unexpected dive, the maker has lost its third US sales chief in two years. TheDetroitBureau.com looks at the turmoil inside Cadillac.
June 9, 2014
- General Motors and Ford continue to roll up big sales totals in China, setting sales records during May. Ford China sales grew 32% in May with 93,323 and Ford now expects to sell more than 1 million vehicles in China for the first time ever during 2014. For details, go to TheDetroitBureau.com.
June 4, 2014
- To understand how General Motors allowed a problem with a small part to balloon into a crisis, look at the organization chart. As of early last year, the director of vehicle safety was four rungs down the ladder from the CEO, according to a copy of the chart obtained by The Associated Press. Finance, sales and public relations had a direct path to the top.
- Brisk demand for SUVs and pickup trucks — and five sunny weekends — pushed U.S. auto sales to a nine-year high in May. Chrysler, Nissan and Toyota all reported double-digit sales gains over last May. Even General Motors, battling bad publicity from a mishandled recall, surprised with a 13 percent sales increase.
June 3, 2014
- Strong sales of light-duty truck and utility vehicles boosted vehicles sales again during May with General Motors being the major beneficiary. However, Ford and Chrysler also saw substantial benefits from the increase as well. Jeep brand sales were up 58% last month. To get all of the insight into May sales, click on TheDetroitBureau.com.
- Buoyed by fantastic weather and a fifth weekend for dealers to move metal, new vehicle sales during demonstrated renewed strength in May. Those factors helped Jeep post its best monthly sales in history and led General Motors to predict it would gain marketshare this year. To see how the early reports fared, go to TheDetroitBureau.com.