October 16, 2014
- Long the world’s best-selling carmaker, General Motors has slipped another notch down the automotive ladder, Volkswagen pushing past to become number two in the industry pecking order. But they're both facing off with a Japanese industry behemoth, reports TheDetroitBureau.com.
October 15, 2014
- Despite posting its strongest third quarter since 1980, General Motors appears to have given up its spot at second place in global sales to Volkswagen for the first nine months of 2014.
- With sales of truck and utility vehicles going strong, early returns indicate October will be another good month for General Motors, executives said this week. This months' sales results are tracking to be repeat of September sales with trucks and SUVs leading the charge. To get the early returns, please go to TheDetroitBureau.com.
- General Motors posted its best third quarter for global sales since 1980 as China continues to be a hot market for automakers from the U.S. to Germany to Japan..
October 13, 2014
- The automotive sales race in China is a neck-and-neck affair, but the Volkswagen Group holds a lead of about 140,000 units over General Motors. VW's sales are up 15% for the year while GM is only up 11.6% through September. The market is still growing, but Ford and Nissan lost ground in September, according to TheDetroitBureau.com.
October 2, 2014
- Strong sales of trucks and crossovers helped push General Motors to a 19 percent rise in U.S. sales in September.
September 24, 2014
- Moving the headquarters to New York will help boost the brand to an apparent level of bourgeois not as readily found in the Rust Belt.
September 23, 2014
- Volkswagen AG’s various operations in China have combined to build up a significant lead over rival General Motors even as both companies chalked up double-digit sales increases during the first eight months of 2014. VW's sales are up 16.5% compared with GM's 11.1% through August. For details, please go to TheDetroitBureau.com.
September 16, 2014
- With sales exceeding initially cautious expectations, GM plans to sharply boost production of its new Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon pickups. It will add a third shift - creating 750 jobs in the process - at its pickup plant in Wentzville, MO, reports TheDetroitBureau.com.
September 12, 2014
- General Motors dealers have been told to halt sales of 2,800 of the maker’s new Chevrolet Corvette models because of a pair of potential problems. The move is the latest in a series of so-called Stop-Sale notices issued by the Detroit maker, which will likely follow up with a recall of the 'Vettes. For details, click on TheDetroitBureau.com.
September 3, 2014
- General Motors is reporting its U.S. sales fell 1.2 percent last month despite strong demand for the Flint-built Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra.
- General Motors Co.'s August vehicle sales were off by 1 percent year-over-year in the U.S., with 272,423 cars deliveries.
August 28, 2014
- Chevrolet Cruze sales are driving strong globally, according to General Motors Co. The Detroit-based automaker today announced sales of the compact topped 3 million units earlier this month, only 16 months after sales hit 2 million.
August 22, 2014
- As part of an ambitious campaign to grow the brand and expand its line-up, Cadillac is giving serious thought to moving some of its key team members out of Detroit, with a new base in New York one of the possibilities, several well-placed sources have confirmed for TheDetroitBureau.com.
August 21, 2014
- Chevrolet is hoping to expand the appeal of its big Silverado line with the launch of a new series of Rally Editions that, it promises, will give the truck a “new attitude.” It can use the help. Despite getting rave reviews and awards, its sales lag those of the Ford F-150 and Fiat Chrysler Ram 1500. To get all of the deals, please click on TheDetroitBureau.com.