May 19, 2015
- Buick’s Enclave crossover is starting to get long in the tooth, with the latest version able to trace its roots back to the original launched in 2008. However, the big crossover remains as popular as ever with buyers, with General Motors Company [NYSE:GM] managing to move 62,300 of them last year in the U.S.—a sales record for the...
May 15, 2015
- On the heels of General Motors decision to pull up stakes in Russia, the country’s auto sales continued their dramatic descent in April dropping 41.5% despite the country subsidizing its auto loans. The story behind Russian sales is at TheDetroitBureau.com.
May 7, 2015
- After long stretch of year-over-year sales increases that continued even as the Chinese economy began to show signs of slowing down, General Motors and its joint ventures in China reported a 0.4% drop in sales during April. Get the scoop at TheDetroitBureau.com.
May 1, 2015
- Like most automakers, trucks and crossovers continued to be a boon for General Motors in April, as the company's total vehicle deliveries in the U.S. rose 6 percent to 269,056 units.
April 30, 2015
- The order books are now open for the 2016 Cadillac CTS-V, which officially goes on sale this summer priced from $84,990, including a $995 destination charge. That’s a lot of coin for a General Motors Company [NYSE:GM] product but recall that you’re getting a luxurious, lightweight sedan that also happens to pack a supercharged...
April 28, 2015
- Russia was once considered the next great promised land of auto sales in Europe, but is now a dicey proposition with two of the big U.S. players – General Motors and Ford – taking different approaches to the market. Go to TheDetroitBureau.com to find out more.
April 21, 2015
- Increased sales in North America, China and Western Europe helped push General Motors to a 2 percent rise in sales to 2.4 million vehicles sold globally in the first quarter.
- General Motors is hanging on by a thread when it comes to the competition for the title “World’s Largest Automaker” as the maker sold 2.42 million vehicles in the first quarter of this year, trailing VW by 700k units. For more, go to TheDetroitBureau.com.
April 15, 2015
- Cadillac is boosting the performance of its ELR coupe even as it cuts the price of the plug-in hybrid in a bid to boost sales of the compact battery vehicle. The brand isn't alone in trying to cut prices to drive sales these days. Find out more at TheDetroitBureau.com.
April 9, 2015
- Due sluggish sales and a new model on the horizon, GM plans to end production of the Chevrolet Volt extended range EV at its plant in Detroit in May. Hybrids and EVs haven't been faring well in the era of low gas prices, according to the story at TheDetroitBureau.com.
April 7, 2015
- General Motors and Ford saw their vehicle sales grow in China during March despite concerns about the slower growth in the Chinese economy. GM's sales were up 8% and Ford's were up 1% last month. For details about the results, go to TheDetroitBureau.com.
April 1, 2015
- General Motors delivered 249,875 vehicles in March, a decline of 2 percent from the same month a year ago.
March 5, 2015
- Chevrolet’s current Malibu was all-new for the 2013 model year but after a lackluster sales performance some updates were rushed for 2014. Unfortunately, one of the car’s biggest drawbacks, a lack of room in the rear, will have to wait until a full redesign. The good news is that the redesign is coming much sooner than we first...
March 3, 2015
- General Motors posted Tuesday a 4 percent increase in U.S. to 231,378 vehicles delivered in February.
February 12, 2015
- Chevrolet’s new 2016 Equinox builds on five years of increasing sales with a styling revamp, a slew of safety advancements and new entertainment technology. The new Equinox hits dealer showrooms this fall, but you can get a look now by going to TheDetroitBureau.com.