June 16, 2014
- General Motors Co. today announced another series of vehicle recalls, including 3.36 million older-model cars due to ignition switches issues. The affected vehicles, including 3.16 million in the U.S., range from the 2000 to 2014 model-year. Only one of the models included in the U.S. recall is still in production – the previous generation Chevrolet Impala, which is sold to daily rental fleets as the Impala Limited.
May 29, 2014
- The 2014 Chevrolet Impala was the only non-luxury car to earn the highest safety rating in new tests of high-tech crash prevention systems. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety tested cars equipped with collision warning and automatic braking systems. It gave a "superior" rating to cars that both warned the driver of a potential collision and applied the automatic brakes to significantly slow the cars.
April 23, 2014
- Federal investigators are probing a report of problems with the emergency brake system of the 2014 Chevrolet Impala. The news comes as GM begins replacing defective ignition switches on millions of recalled vehicles, reports TheDetroitBureau.com.
March 27, 2014
- The Chevrolet Silverado will return to Comerica Park’s center field for a second-straight year for Chevrolet. Officials announced today that the full-size pickup will sit atop the park's Chevrolet Fountain alongside a Chevy Equinox for the Detroit Tigers' 2014 season. Last year, a Silverado and Chevrolet Impala were featured on the fountain, which erupts for home runs and other celebrations.
October 26, 2013
- The General Motors Co. brand Friday previewed several performance-oriented concepts of some of the brand’s most popular passenger cars, including the Sonic, Spark EV, refreshed Malibu, Cruze diesel and all-new Impala.
October 16, 2013
- GM will launch a CNG-powered version of its big Chevy Impala sedan, says CEO Dan Akerson, part of a broad approach to alternative power. Speaking at an even marking the 40th anniversary of the first Mideast oil shock, Akerson warned "energy security won't come from a one-off moonshot." More from TheDetroitBureau.com.
October 15, 2013
- General Motors Co. plans to build a bi-fuel Chevrolet Impala, according to GM Chairman and CEO Dan Akerson announced today.
July 26, 2013
- The first American sedan in 20 years to earn Consumer Reports' top score is the Chevrolet Impala. Really.
July 25, 2013
- The 2014 Chevrolet Impala received rave reviews from Consumer Reports continuing the sedan’s metamorphosis from bland, staid fleet vehicle to a desirable, attractive flagship for the brand. The magazine gave newest iteration of the sedan a score of 95, which is the highest mark for a domestic sedan in two decades. The story is available at TheDetroitBureau.com.
July 24, 2013
- A Detroit-based blues-rock band used a unique location to remix one of their popular songs. The Gentlemen Mutineers, including lead singer Frankie Turner, used a 2014 Chevrolet Impala as a “mobile studio” to record a ''2014 Impala Mix'' of the party anthem ''Detroit Throttle.''
June 24, 2013
- The one-minute ad, which debuted last week, features Legend and his newest single, ''Made to Love.'' It starts with Legend drawing inspiration for his music as he drives through the streets of New York City in a 2014 Impala, according to GM.
June 20, 2013
- The 6-speed 6T70/75 transmissions are built for the GMC Acadia and Terrain, Chevrolet Traverse and Equinox, Chevrolet Impala and Malibu, Buick Enclave, and the Cadillac XTS.
June 10, 2013
- Long known – and largely ignored – for its bland, forgettable styling, the unveiling of the stylish 2014 Chevrolet Impala came as a big surprise. And Chevy has another surprise in store with a new 2.5-liter I-4 engine delivering up to 31 mpg on the highway. Here's TheDetroitBureau.com's review.
June 5, 2013
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has issued a recall for a small handful of General Motors products. It seems that a pair of new Cadillac models are acting up. The vehicles potentially affected are the 2013 Cadillac ATS, XTS, and also the 2014 Chevrolet Impala. Apparently the brake lights on these models may begin...
May 23, 2013
- PLYMOUTH, MI- The 2014 Impala is the fastest-selling vehicle in the Chevrolet lineup, according to Chris Perry, marketing vice president for the brand.