April 10, 2014
- With development of the 2016 Chevrolet Cruze approaching its end, one of the next vehicles to be spun off General Motors Company’s [NYSE:F] revised D2XX compact car platform will be the next generation of the Opel Astra. A prototype for the new car has now been spotted. The prototype is for the five-door hatchback bodystyle, and although...
November 21, 2013
- The two new sedans may actually sound familiar to some consumers. Chevrolet already offers the Sonic RS as a hatchback and the Sonic Dusk was shown as a concept in 2011. In October 2012, GM said it would make the Dusk into a production vehicle.
- Chevrolet just stepped up the battle for young buyers with the introduction of two new Sonic models: the RS and Dusk at the L.A. Auto Show. The RS sedan joins the hatchback on the sporty side of the aisle while the all-new Dusk offers a more upscale look. For more, go to TheDetroitBureau.com.
November 18, 2013
- The two new sedans to the Sonic family, the Sonic RS and the Sonic Dusk, may actually sound familiar to some consumers. Chevrolet already offers the Sonic RS as a hatchback and the Sonic Dusk was shown as a concept in 2011. In October 2012, GM said it would make the Dusk into a production vehicle.
October 8, 2013
- The 2015 Cadillac Escalade has been revealed, and it’s bigger and bolder than ever. While the exterior’s execution is somewhat evolutionary, it’s the interior where the biggest gains have been realized. Yes, the 2015 Escalade has finally received the interior worthy of its luxury positioning. Ford’s popular Focus hatchback...
October 22, 2012
- GM is pulling the wraps off the new Opel Onix, a critical new offering that could shore up its once-leading position in the increasingly competitive Brazilian market. The new hatchback is a close cousin of the American Chevrolet Sonic, reports TheDetroitBureau.com. Check out the report on TheDetroitBureau.com.
June 6, 2012
- Following last month's spy shots, Europe's Opel Astra range is set to expand this fall with the 2013 Opel Astra Sedan. The new sedan joins the five-door hatchback, Sports Tourer station wagon and GTC coupe in the Astra range, before a convertible version also joins the ranks later this year. While there have been rumors that the convertible and...
January 9, 2012
- The other side of Chevy's Detroit Auto Show small concept-car coin from the Code 130R is the Tru 140S. Despite the slightly more annoying name, the Tru 140S offers its own set of attractive design features, packaged as a "four-seat coupe" that's also a "three-door hatchback." It's also front-wheel drive, unlike the Code 130R, but it still has...
December 19, 2011
- The production version of last year’s teasing Aveo RS Concept, the new 2013 Chevrolet Sonic RS has been revealed today ahead of its debut next month at the 2012 Detroit Auto Show. The aggressive looking hatchback is the latest addition in GM’s new small car onslaught and the good news is that this particular hot hatch has the...
November 14, 2011
- Chevrolet takes aim at the minicar segment with its new Spark hatchback. TheDetroitBureau.com has a preview of the 2013 Spark, which officially debuts later this week at the LA Auto Show.
November 4, 2011
- GM’s European division Opel has taken the wraps off its new Astra OPC (known as the Vauxhall Astra VXR in the UK), which goes on sale in Europe next summer and with any luck may eventually appear in North American showrooms. The sporty coupe, developed by Opel’s go-fast division Opel Performance Center, is based on the stylish Astra...
October 19, 2011
- Talk of a Buick version of the Opel Astra GTC turbo hatchback has largely died down since reaching a peak earlier this year, but these images shot on I-96 in Michigan just moments ago may revive the idea of the sporty Buick hatchback. The Opel Astra GTC, as sold in Europe, is powered by a 180-horsepower turbocharged 1.6-liter four-cylinder. Given...
March 6, 2011
- With the launch of the new Cruze hatchback, Chevy is expanding its pitch to European buyers as the brand that once told you to "See the USA in your Chevrolet" goes increasing global. More from the Geneva Motor Show from TheDetroitBureau.com.