August 23, 2013
- The Detroit-based automaker, which did not advertise during last season’s Super Bowl citing a “significant increase in price,” today said its Chevrolet brand will once again partake in the big game.
July 24, 2013
- That iconic bowtie has just turned 100 years old. No, not the ironic bowtie worn by many a hipster--we're talking about the attire of the main lineup for General Motors. The Chevrolet bowtie, which has adorned many millions of products across the globe, is now 100. The logo was conceived by Chevrolet co-founder William C. Durant, who was doodling...
July 22, 2013
- One of the surprise hits of the 2013 has been the little Chevrolet Spark, the smallest offering the U.S. maker has offered American motorists in decades. A key to that success has been its distinctive design and personality. And that come through in TheDetroitBureau.com's test drive of the 2014 Chevrolet Spark EV. Here's the battery-car's review.
July 18, 2013
- In honor of its centennial, here are five fast facts about the bowtie, which is the symbol for General Motors Co.’s largest brand.
May 27, 2013
- Tony Kanaan, driver of the #11 KV Racing Technology Chevrolet, won the 2013 Indianapolis 500 yesterday. The win was Kanaan's first at the event after 12 starts. Of course, it was no easy feat, especially with strong drivers Marco Andretti, Carlos Munoz and Ryan Hunter-Reay also eager for the title. In fact, Kanaan wasn’t even in the lead...
March 26, 2013
- Though it isn’t set for an official debut until tomorrow at the 2013 New York Auto Show, the facelifted 2014 Chevrolet Camaro was revealed earlier today on the Live! with Kelly and Michael morning talk show. The car only made a quick appearance, but not before the guys at Camaro5 managed to capture some screenshots. The example seen here is...
March 13, 2013
- Federal safety regulators are considering the need to expand an earlier General Motors recall due to potentially faulty brake lights and other problems, a move that could involve more than 1 million GM midsize passenger cars. More from TheDetroitBureau.com.
February 18, 2013
- With all of the excitement surrounding the launch of the new 2014 Chevrolet SS, a performance variant of the Australian Holden Commodore, it’s easy to forget that Holden’s arch rival Down Under, Ford, also has some formidable performance sedans of its own. Unfortunately, the Blue Oval doesn’t have any plans to import any of...
February 14, 2013
- Built at a cost of $303 million, the 600,000-square-foot plant east of Holland was supposed to begin production of batteries for the Chevrolet Volts and the Ford Focus EV by mid-2012. Company officials predicted it would employ up to 440 workers.
January 26, 2013
- The 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray, the seventh generation of America's iconic sports car, has made its debut, but does that mean a new Corvette race car is just around the corner? We certainly hope so, and to give you an idea of just how awesome that race car could be, take a gander at these computer-generated renderings of a possible C7.R from...
January 5, 2013
- The Chevrolet Sonic has come out of nowhere to become the top-selling subcompact in America.
January 4, 2013
- General Motors is recalling nearly 70,000 late-model SUVs, pickups and vans because of potential defective transmission interlocks that could let the vehicles roll away after being parked. This from TheDetroitBureau.com.
- General Motors has issued a recall on its 2013 Cadillac Escalade, the latest version of the popular luxury SUV. The cause of the recall is due to a potential fault with the ignition system. The recall affects 2013 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV, and Escalade EXT models, as well as the related Chevrolet Avalanche, Express, Silverado HD, Silverado...
December 26, 2012
- GM will return production of the Chevrolet Camaro to the U.S. when it launches the sixth-generation pony car. The question is when. TheDetroitBureau.com looks for the answer.
December 24, 2012
- Following last week’s leak of the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette’s front end, via an official service manual, new images alleged to be of the upcoming sports car have now hit the Web. Like the previously leaked shots, the latest images also appear to be from an official service manual. They reveal the profile and rear section of the new...