March 26, 2013
- Though it isn’t set for an official debut until tomorrow at the 2013 New York Auto Show, the facelifted 2014 Chevrolet Camaro was revealed earlier today on the Live! with Kelly and Michael morning talk show. The car only made a quick appearance, but not before the guys at Camaro5 managed to capture some screenshots. The example seen here is...
March 13, 2013
- Federal safety regulators are considering the need to expand an earlier General Motors recall due to potentially faulty brake lights and other problems, a move that could involve more than 1 million GM midsize passenger cars. More from TheDetroitBureau.com.
February 18, 2013
- With all of the excitement surrounding the launch of the new 2014 Chevrolet SS, a performance variant of the Australian Holden Commodore, it’s easy to forget that Holden’s arch rival Down Under, Ford, also has some formidable performance sedans of its own. Unfortunately, the Blue Oval doesn’t have any plans to import any of...
February 14, 2013
- Built at a cost of $303 million, the 600,000-square-foot plant east of Holland was supposed to begin production of batteries for the Chevrolet Volts and the Ford Focus EV by mid-2012. Company officials predicted it would employ up to 440 workers.
January 26, 2013
- The 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray, the seventh generation of America's iconic sports car, has made its debut, but does that mean a new Corvette race car is just around the corner? We certainly hope so, and to give you an idea of just how awesome that race car could be, take a gander at these computer-generated renderings of a possible C7.R from...
January 5, 2013
- The Chevrolet Sonic has come out of nowhere to become the top-selling subcompact in America.
January 4, 2013
- General Motors is recalling nearly 70,000 late-model SUVs, pickups and vans because of potential defective transmission interlocks that could let the vehicles roll away after being parked. This from TheDetroitBureau.com.
- General Motors has issued a recall on its 2013 Cadillac Escalade, the latest version of the popular luxury SUV. The cause of the recall is due to a potential fault with the ignition system. The recall affects 2013 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV, and Escalade EXT models, as well as the related Chevrolet Avalanche, Express, Silverado HD, Silverado...
December 26, 2012
- GM will return production of the Chevrolet Camaro to the U.S. when it launches the sixth-generation pony car. The question is when. TheDetroitBureau.com looks for the answer.
December 24, 2012
- Following last week’s leak of the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette’s front end, via an official service manual, new images alleged to be of the upcoming sports car have now hit the Web. Like the previously leaked shots, the latest images also appear to be from an official service manual. They reveal the profile and rear section of the new...
December 21, 2012
- As we prepare ourselves for the holidays we also gear up for the 2013 Detroit Auto Show. This week was full of news, from the final Lexus LFA rolling off the build floor to SRT's CEO Ralph Gilles building a 2013 SRT Viper, we brought you the latest automotive stories. This week we also spied the 2013 Ferrari 458 GT3 race car testing on the track...
- When the new C7 Corvette goes on sale sometime in 2013, base models will come to market with an all-new 6.2-liter LT1 V-8. Chevy says the new engine will make 450 horsepower and 450 pound-feet of torque, including the 400 pound-feet that are on tap between 2,000 and 4,000 rpm. That kind of output is expected to produce a 0-60 mph time of under 4.0...
December 20, 2012
- A missing latch that could cause the hood to fly open has triggered the recall of 145,000 midsize GMC and Chevrolet pickups. TheDetroitBureau.com has the details.
December 7, 2012
- Muscle cars are loud, juvenile, socially irresponsible and, sooner or later, harmful to your health. Like binge drinking and death metal, they’re an obsession generally meant for the young, before things like raising a family and not frightening the neighbors become meaningful. Or are they? In pro-touring guise, it’s relatively easy to...
December 6, 2012
- The redesigned GM Test Track at Walt Disney World Resort's Epcot theme park in Florida reopened Thursday after a nearly two-year redesign.