March 5, 2015
- Welcome back to our 2015 GMC Canyon long-term test. To read previous updates in the series, click here. You can expect wear and tear on any vehicle, but pickup trucks tend to take a beating pretty quickly. While loading my snowmobile into the bed of our long-term Canyon last month, the studs in my track... The post 2015 GMC Canyon Long-Term Review: Wear and Tear appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
March 2, 2015
- GMC will roll out its broadest advertising campaign in 15 years today, as General Motors seeks to raise awareness of its low-profile truck brand by polishing its reputation for craftsmanship.The campaign, dubbed "Precision," will begin tonight with a 60-second TV commercial that will run during an episode of ABC's murder mystery series "Secrets and Lies." It's the first of three new TV spots that will run throughout 2015, along with digital, social media and print content.It will be the first...
February 17, 2015
- Welcome back to our 2015 GMC Canyon long-term test. To read previous updates in the series, click here. General Motors has not been shy about proclaiming its new midsize pickup truck twins, the Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon, as the perfect vehicles for outdoor enthusiasts and it just so happens that I am one. My... The post 2015 GMC Canyon Long-Term Review: the ‘Enthusiast’ Test appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
February 3, 2015
- Welcome back to our 2015 GMC Canyon long-term test. To read the whole series, click here. Horsepower and torque aren’t everything when it comes to working with pickup trucks. Much of a truck’s life will be spent sitting still while being loaded and unloaded. So before we even mention the powertrain, let’s look at how... The post 2015 GMC Canyon Long-Term Review: Truck Functions 101 appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
January 30, 2015
- GM is cutting the entry price on four of its popular models. The Chevy Cruze and Equinox along with the Buick Lacrosse and GMC Terrain have all had their base price lowered by as much as $2,570. The new Cruze L starts at $16,170, making it $1,575 cheaper than the current base model. A new L... The post GM Adds Cheaper Base Trim to Four Models appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
January 29, 2015
- GMC could add a Jeep Wrangler competitor to its lineup in the future. According to a recent report from The Wall Street Journal, GM is mulling an off-road SUV for its GMC brand that would be a direct competitor to the Jeep Wrangler. Rumors of GMC adding a capable off-road SUV to its lineup have been swirling... The post GMC Mulls Jeep Wranger Rival appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
January 26, 2015
- Buick is looking to expand the bottom end of its lineup. “I’ve looked at the possibility of fast-tracking [the Opel Adam] into the Buick range sooner than later,” Duncan Aldred, U.S. vice president of Buick and GMC told Automotive News. “I think it would make a great Buick.” The Adam is a small three-door... The post Buick Eyeing Opel Adam for U.S. appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
January 22, 2015
- GMC has announced pricing for its new special-edition Sierra. The Elevation Edition will start at $34,865 when tacked onto a two-wheel drive V6-powered Sierra, while models powered by the 5.3L V8 start at $35,960 for two-wheel drive and jump to $39,890 for a four-wheel drive setup. All Elevation Edition models are based on the Sierra double... The post 2015 GMC Sierra Elevation Edition Priced from $34,865 appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
January 20, 2015
- Welcome to the first episode in our long-term evaluation of the 2015 GMC Canyon. The pickup truck world is full so of choices that many of the lines traditionally dividing segments are starting to blur. GM’s answer to the crowded marketplace is downsizing in the form of the new Chevy Colorado and GMC Canyon. These... The post 2015 GMC Canyon Long-Term Review: Introduction appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
January 8, 2015
- GMC has revealed a new special edition package for its mid-size Canyon pickup. Called the Nightfall Edition, the special edition package gives the Canyon blacked-out style and is available on SLE crew cab models with either 2WD or 4WD. The package includes a black grille, black assist steps, factory spray-in bedliner, 18-inch multi-spoke aluminum wheels... The post GMC Canyon Nightfall Edition Revealed appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
January 2, 2015
- General Motors is still in the throes of dealing with faulty ignition switches moving into 2015. The company announced that it will recall 83,572 trucks and SUVs from the 2011 and 2012 model years, including the Chevrolet Silverado HD, Suburban, Tahoe and Avalanche along with the GMC Sierra HD, Yukon, Yukon XL and Cadillac Escalade... The post GM Recalls 83,000 Trucks, SUVs for Ignition Switches appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
December 15, 2014
- Chevrolet dealer Duane Paddock runs a fleet of 50 vehicles that he loans to service customers and as demos -- up from exactly zero two years ago.His dealership is part of a huge expansion of General Motors' Courtesy Transportation Program, a bid to create better loyalty via the service lane and by getting more people to try Chevy, Buick and GMC vehicles.Last year, GM added elements to the program to entice dealers to sign up, including more cash tied to every loaner vehicle. They get the...
December 8, 2014
- GM is running into trouble with its ignition keys again. The American automaker is replacing ignition keys on its 2014 and 2015 Chevrolet Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe and GMC Sierra 1500, Yukon and Yukon XL models for a design issue that can cause the shift lever to bump the key and shut off the engine. GM... The post Ignition Issue Spurs GM to Replace Keys appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
- Chevrolet’s new-to-America small crossover could prompt a GMC sibling to follow. “I think that is certainly possible,” Trax chief engineer Al Manzor told Automotive News during a press preview of the vehicle in San Diego. The Trax is a Chevrolet-branded version of the Buick Encore that launched last year and the Opel Mokka. Chevrolet began... The post Chevrolet Trax Could Gain GMC Sibling appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
December 5, 2014
- GM is having more problems with keys. In all new full-size GM trucks and SUVs, which covers the 2014-15 Chevrolet Silverado, Tahoe and Suburban along with the GMC Sierra 1500, Yukon and Yukon XL, the shift column can come into contact with the head of the key, causing the vehicle to shut off. This is... The post GM Replacing Keys on New SUVs, Trucks appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.