March 31, 2015
- GMC is keeping its compact SUV fresh thanks to a slight facelift and some packaging revisions. Styling on the 2016 Terrain, which makes its public debut at the 2015 New York Auto Show, has been lightly updated to keep it fresh thanks to new front and rear fascias, a new grille, an updated hood and... The post 2016 GMC Terrain Revealed with Mild Refresh appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
March 26, 2015
- Welcome back to our 2015 GMC Canyon long-term test. To read the whole series, click here. Recently, a close friend of mind decided he would like to buy a new GMC Canyon. He proceeded into a dealership, where the salesman immediately directed him to a larger Sierra, saying that he was authorized to give big... The post 2015 GMC Canyon Long-Term Review: Side-by-Side with the GMC Sierra appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
- Publicis Groupe's Leo Burnett has lost the account for General Motors' Chevrolet Silverado to Interpublic's Commonwealth, the shop created in March 2012 as a joint venture between Omnicom's Goodby Silverstein & Partners and Interpublic Group of Cos. McCann, to handle Chevrolet. (Goodby later split from the venture.) GM moved the Silverado account to Burnett in 2012, partly to alleviate Commonwealth's workload as it geared up to handle work for more than 20 vehicles in 2013, the company said...
March 17, 2015
- Welcome back to our 2015 GMC Canyon long-term test. To read the whole series, click here. The GMC Canyon has performed admirably in our tests so far, but how is it at towing? Most folks who choose to buy a midsize truck over a half-ton are probably not going to be pulling a heavy trailer... The post 2015 GMC Canyon Long-Term Review: Max Towing Test appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
March 12, 2015
- Starting with 2016 vehicles, GM is cutting down its powertrain warranty. All 2016 Chevy and GMC vehicles will go from having a 100,000-mile/5-year powertrain warranty to a 60,000-mile/5-year warranty, a loss of 40,000 miles. The 100,000-mile warranty, which has been in place for about a decade, was not a strong enough selling point according to... The post GM Cuts Powertrain Warranty by 40K Miles appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
March 5, 2015
- Welcome back to our 2015 GMC Canyon long-term test. To read previous updates in the series, click here. You can expect wear and tear on any vehicle, but pickup trucks tend to take a beating pretty quickly. While loading my snowmobile into the bed of our long-term Canyon last month, the studs in my track... The post 2015 GMC Canyon Long-Term Review: Wear and Tear appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
March 2, 2015
- GMC will roll out its broadest advertising campaign in 15 years today, as General Motors seeks to raise awareness of its low-profile truck brand by polishing its reputation for craftsmanship.The campaign, dubbed "Precision," will begin tonight with a 60-second TV commercial that will run during an episode of ABC's murder mystery series "Secrets and Lies." It's the first of three new TV spots that will run throughout 2015, along with digital, social media and print content.It will be the first...
February 17, 2015
- Welcome back to our 2015 GMC Canyon long-term test. To read previous updates in the series, click here. General Motors has not been shy about proclaiming its new midsize pickup truck twins, the Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon, as the perfect vehicles for outdoor enthusiasts and it just so happens that I am one. My... The post 2015 GMC Canyon Long-Term Review: the ‘Enthusiast’ Test appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
February 3, 2015
- Welcome back to our 2015 GMC Canyon long-term test. To read the whole series, click here. Horsepower and torque aren’t everything when it comes to working with pickup trucks. Much of a truck’s life will be spent sitting still while being loaded and unloaded. So before we even mention the powertrain, let’s look at how... The post 2015 GMC Canyon Long-Term Review: Truck Functions 101 appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
January 30, 2015
- GM is cutting the entry price on four of its popular models. The Chevy Cruze and Equinox along with the Buick Lacrosse and GMC Terrain have all had their base price lowered by as much as $2,570. The new Cruze L starts at $16,170, making it $1,575 cheaper than the current base model. A new L... The post GM Adds Cheaper Base Trim to Four Models appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
January 29, 2015
- GMC could add a Jeep Wrangler competitor to its lineup in the future. According to a recent report from The Wall Street Journal, GM is mulling an off-road SUV for its GMC brand that would be a direct competitor to the Jeep Wrangler. Rumors of GMC adding a capable off-road SUV to its lineup have been swirling... The post GMC Mulls Jeep Wranger Rival appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
January 26, 2015
- Buick is looking to expand the bottom end of its lineup. “I’ve looked at the possibility of fast-tracking [the Opel Adam] into the Buick range sooner than later,” Duncan Aldred, U.S. vice president of Buick and GMC told Automotive News. “I think it would make a great Buick.” The Adam is a small three-door... The post Buick Eyeing Opel Adam for U.S. appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
January 22, 2015
- GMC has announced pricing for its new special-edition Sierra. The Elevation Edition will start at $34,865 when tacked onto a two-wheel drive V6-powered Sierra, while models powered by the 5.3L V8 start at $35,960 for two-wheel drive and jump to $39,890 for a four-wheel drive setup. All Elevation Edition models are based on the Sierra double... The post 2015 GMC Sierra Elevation Edition Priced from $34,865 appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
January 20, 2015
- Welcome to the first episode in our long-term evaluation of the 2015 GMC Canyon. The pickup truck world is full so of choices that many of the lines traditionally dividing segments are starting to blur. GM’s answer to the crowded marketplace is downsizing in the form of the new Chevy Colorado and GMC Canyon. These... The post 2015 GMC Canyon Long-Term Review: Introduction appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
January 8, 2015
- GMC has revealed a new special edition package for its mid-size Canyon pickup. Called the Nightfall Edition, the special edition package gives the Canyon blacked-out style and is available on SLE crew cab models with either 2WD or 4WD. The package includes a black grille, black assist steps, factory spray-in bedliner, 18-inch multi-spoke aluminum wheels... The post GMC Canyon Nightfall Edition Revealed appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.