December 15, 2014
- Chevrolet dealer Duane Paddock runs a fleet of 50 vehicles that he loans to service customers and as demos -- up from exactly zero two years ago.His dealership is part of a huge expansion of General Motors' Courtesy Transportation Program, a bid to create better loyalty via the service lane and by getting more people to try Chevy, Buick and GMC vehicles.Last year, GM added elements to the program to entice dealers to sign up, including more cash tied to every loaner vehicle. They get the...
December 8, 2014
- GM is running into trouble with its ignition keys again. The American automaker is replacing ignition keys on its 2014 and 2015 Chevrolet Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe and GMC Sierra 1500, Yukon and Yukon XL models for a design issue that can cause the shift lever to bump the key and shut off the engine. GM... The post Ignition Issue Spurs GM to Replace Keys appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
- Chevrolet’s new-to-America small crossover could prompt a GMC sibling to follow. “I think that is certainly possible,” Trax chief engineer Al Manzor told Automotive News during a press preview of the vehicle in San Diego. The Trax is a Chevrolet-branded version of the Buick Encore that launched last year and the Opel Mokka. Chevrolet began... The post Chevrolet Trax Could Gain GMC Sibling appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
December 5, 2014
- GM is having more problems with keys. In all new full-size GM trucks and SUVs, which covers the 2014-15 Chevrolet Silverado, Tahoe and Suburban along with the GMC Sierra 1500, Yukon and Yukon XL, the shift column can come into contact with the head of the key, causing the vehicle to shut off. This is... The post GM Replacing Keys on New SUVs, Trucks appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
December 2, 2014
- AutoGuide.com named the aluminum Ford F-150 its 2015 Truck of the Year today. Ford’s new half-ton pickup beat three other finalists – the GMC Sierra Denali HD 3500, the Ram 2500 Power Wagon and the GMC Canyon – in order to secure its title. “The 2015 Ford F-150 impressed the AutoGuide.com staff with its power-rich... The post 2015 Ford F-150 Named AutoGuide.com Truck of the Year appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
- General Motors continues to add to its record year of recalls with another 316,357 vehicles. This time the vehicles are being recalled for possible intermittent or permanent loss of low-beam headlamps and includes the 2006-2009 Buick LaCrosse, 2006-2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer and Trailblazer EXT, 2006-2007 GMC Envoy and Envoy XL, 2006-2007 Buick Rainier, 2006-2008 Saab 9-7X and... The post GM Recalls 316K Vehicles With Faulty Headlights appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
November 17, 2014
- The call came in at 11:30 p.m. on a Friday night. A rich southern tycoon, who I’ll refer to as Mr. Moneybags to avoid a lawsuit, was on the other one of the line. He heard about my fondness for navigational charity road rallies and wanted to hire me to chauffeur him around the... The post Rolling in Richness With a 2015 GMC Yukon XL Denali appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
November 6, 2014
- Fans of big SUVs will be happy to know that the 2015 GMC Yukon Denali will be capable of getting more miles per gallon thanks to an upgraded transmission. Now sporting an eight-speed transmission instead of a six-speed unit, GMC is promising up to 22 mpg on the highway with two-wheel drive models, while... more
October 6, 2014
- The Paris Motor Show is in the past and the future holds some very interesting new cars of all shapes and sizes. Check out what we’re testing this week in AutoGuide Now. 2015 GMC Yukon XL Denali: Mike Schlee, Road Test Editor - “Once again I am off to raise money with Rally North America... more
October 3, 2014
- GM’s all-new pickups are off to a bumpy start. The American automaker has issued a stop-delivery order to its dealers for the 2015 Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon pickups due to a pending safety recall to fix an airbag defect. According to the note sent to dealers, GM has notified NHTSA of an “upcoming safety... more
September 22, 2014
- General Motors has finally released full details on the fuel economy of the 2015 Chevy Colorado and GMC Canyon. With the new 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine that pumps out 200 hp and 191 lb-ft of torque and two-wheel drive, the pair of midsize trucks is rated at 20 mpg in the city and 27 mpg on... more
September 20, 2014
- GMC announced a new trim level for the Sierra 1500 today that it plans to market as a sport variant to other versions of its half-ton. The Sierra Elevation Edition is supposed to serve as a new entry in the virtually non-existent sport pickup truck segment. At the pinnacle, the term “performance truck” stood for... more
September 16, 2014
- General Motors is investing in its Wentzville assembly plant to prepare for its new midsize pickups. The American automaker has announced that it’ll be adding a third shift to build the all-new Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon midsize pickups along with the Chevrolet Express and GMC Savana full-size vans. The additional shift will help create... more
September 12, 2014
- Following in the footsteps of the Silverado Rally Edition, GM is introducing a new style package for the GMC Sierra. Called the GMC Sierra Carbon Edition, there are three levels of the package available that bring a range of graphics and styling bits to upgrade this truck’s looks. The top-of-the-line Sierra Carbon 22 Edition, available... more
September 3, 2014
- Fuel economy ratings for the upcoming GMC Canyon and Chevrolet Colorado were released today. When the trucks reach dealers, they will be the first new products to reach the segment in years and will be able to use superior fuel economy as an enticement over the Toyota Tacoma and Nissan Frontier in V6 form. The... more