January 22, 2015
- The Chevrolet Spark EV is heading to the East Coast. The American automaker will start sales of its Spark EV this spring in Maryland, the third state that the electric compact will be sold in following launches in California and Oregon in 2013. Chevrolet says it is targeting Maryland for its “strong commuter market” as... The post Chevy Spark EV Sales Expand to Maryland appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
January 16, 2015
- Chevrolet goes electric as Cadillac aims to step up luxury development
January 13, 2015
- Chevrolet is previewing its next all-electric vehicle at the 2015 Detroit Auto Show. As the American automaker looks towards next-generation EV technology, the Chevrolet Bolt concept previewed an affordable electric vehicle that will have a range of over 200 miles and will be priced competitively at around $30,000. If those specifications sound familiar to you,... The post Chevrolet Bolt EV Concept Video, First Look appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
- The second-generation Chevrolet Volt has bowed at the 2015 Detroit Auto Show. Teased at the 2015 Consumer Electronics Show, the American automaker has officially unveiled the next-generation Volt boasting an electric-only driving range of 50 miles. Featuring an all-new powertrain, the 2016 Volt has a 1.5-liter four-cylinder engine combined with electric motors to provide a... The post 2016 Chevrolet Volt Video, First Look appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
January 12, 2015
- Chevrolet revealed the Bolt concept at the 2015 Detroit Auto Show today, previewing its next electric car. The concept is designed to offer more than 200 miles of driving range at a price of roughly $30,000, competing in the same space as Tesla’s upcoming Model 3, which is expected to be priced similarly with roughly the... The post Chevrolet Bolts into Detroit With New EV Concept appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
- Chevrolet is set to unveil its all-new, second-generation Volt at the Detroit auto show later today. This 2016 model features a laundry list of improvements but most importantly its electric-only driving range has been increased to 50 miles. When you factor its internal-combustion gasoline engine into the equation this car should offer a total driving... The post 2016 Chevy Volt Bows With 50-Mile Electric Range appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
January 10, 2015
- Come 2017 General Motors will launch an all-new product that aims to push electric car technology to the next level. Called the “Bolt,” Chevy’s new electric car will offer 200 miles of emissions free electric range on a single charge. GM filed a trademark for the Bolt name in August of last year. Larger than... The post Chevy “Bolt” to Arrive in 2017 With 200 Mile Electric Range appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
October 28, 2014
- Chevrolet just announced new details about the next-generation Volt. The upcoming electric car will be powered by a 1.5-liter four-cylinder engine and will benefit from an all-new Voltec extended range electric vehicle (EREV) propulsion system. According to the American automaker, the new propulsion system was “substantially developed from Volt owners including data collected on their... more
October 20, 2014
- Tesla Motors began taking online orders for its Model S electric car in China today, joining General Motors Co. and Volkswagen in selling vehicles through Alibaba Group Holding's online shopping mall.Buyers can place a 50,000-yuan ($8,200) deposit for the electric car through Alibaba's Tmall.com, according to Tesla China spokeswoman Peggy Yang. "Tmall offers us an opportunity to reach out to general customers," she said by telephone.Tesla, led by billionaire Elon Musk, began deliveries of the...
October 8, 2014
- General Motors has confirmed that it is developing another electric vehicle that will sell beside the Volt and Spark EV. Though the company won’t confirm which model it will be based on, earlier reports believe it will be based on the Sonic and the compact EV will sport a 200-mile range. Expect the model to... more
September 23, 2014
- Cadillac’s high-priced electric car will live past its first generation despite slow sales. The brand’s new boss is determined to keep the nameplate around, although its future as a coupe is in question. Newly-appointed CEO Johan de Nysschen said “fascinated with the technology and completely convinced of the long term potential” during an interview with... more
August 22, 2014
- Cadillac’s disappointing stab at electrified luxury transportation might fizzle out and die after a brief stint on the market. In roughly four months, Chevrolet is expected to reveal the next-generation Volt slated to go on sale for the 2016 model year. The relatively successful range-extended electric car will transition to its own platform rather than... more
August 7, 2014
- Chevrolet confirmed today that it plans to reveal the next version of its Volt range-extended electric car during the 2015 Detroit Auto Show. The company didn’t release any other new details about the car, which is slated to ride on a new dedicated platform. Currently, the Volt is based on a modified version of the... more
July 28, 2014
- Infiniti President Johan de Nysschen surprised many when he announced that he was leaving his position and taking over the reigns at Cadillac, but the plans he put into place at Infiniti will still come to fruition. Nissan’s luxury arm has been approved to increase its model offerings by 60 percent, and the company has a... more
July 25, 2014
- Chevrolet is preparing to add another electric vehicle to its lineup. According to The Truth About Cars, Chevy is working on an all-electric Sonic with 200 miles of range that will arrive sometime in 2016. The new model will be built in Michigan and will likely utilize a new battery that LG Chem is currently developing.... more