April 20, 2015
- Cadillac has officially announced the plug-in hybrid CT6. The car will use a 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine mated to an all-new rear-wheel variable transmission which uses dual electric motors that combine for a total system output of 335 hp and 432 lb-ft of torque. Cadillac claims that the electric setup will allow the car to... The post Cadillac CT6 Plug-In Hybrid Announced appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
- The Chevrolet FNR Concept debuted today during the Shanghai Motor Show, previewing GM’s plans for self-driving vehicles. GM’s Pan Asia Technical Automotive Center (PATAC) developed the design, which is meant to preview a future where personal transportation doesn’t rely on gasoline or drivers. The FNR is an electric car that uses crystal laser headlights and... The post Chevrolet FNR Concept Previews Sci-Fi Future appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
March 25, 2015
- Chevrolet will to offer a hybrid powertrain with its 2016 Malibu midsize sedan. The American automaker predicts that the Malibu Hybrid will offer a combined fuel economy rating of over 45 MPG. Under the hood is a 1.8-liter four-cylinder gasoline engine hooked up to a two-motor electric drive unit making a combined 182 HP. SEE... The post 2016 Chevy Malibu Hybrid to Average 45 MPG appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
March 13, 2015
- General Motors has ordered a stop-delivery on the 2015 Chevrolet Trax and Encore models to resolve a steering issue. The American automakers have informed dealers that there’s a pending safety recall for the Trax and Encore crossovers to fix a potential loss of electric power steering. The stop-delivery order affects approximately 2,300 units and some... The post Chevrolet Trax, Encore Stop-Sale Ordered appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
March 3, 2015
- Chevrolet revealed a pure electric concept car at the Detroit auto show back in January. Called the Bolt, this BMW i3-esque hatchback promises a 200-mile range. Not one to be outdone, the bow tie’s arch nemesis may be planning a rival to this model. Yes, Ford is reportedly cooking up a plug-in EV that would... The post Ford Revealing Chevy Bolt Rival Later This year appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
February 19, 2015
- Chevy’s all-electric vehicle might receive a new name before production begins. The Chevy Bolt Concept has been criticized for having a name that sounds too much like the Chevy Volt, so much so that GM management is thinking about changing the name. “Some people think it’s confusing,” Alan Batey, president of GM North America told... The post Chevy Bolt Could be Renamed appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
February 12, 2015
- Automaker to shake-up electric car market with $30,000 model
- Chevrolet has confirmed will add another electric vehicle to its lineup. The American automaker announced plans to produce the Bolt at its Orion Assembly facility near Detroit. Introduced in concept form at the Detroit Auto Show and according to GM North America President Alan Batey, the overwhelming response was to “build it.” As a result,... The post Chevrolet Bolt Production Confirmed for Detroit appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
February 6, 2015
- The Chevrolet Bolt is bound for production late next year. According to a recent report from Reuters, the Bolt will be produced at an underused small-car plant north of Detroit in a planned run of 25,000 to 30,000 cars per year. The all-electric Bolt is expected to be priced around $30,000 and will have a range... The post Chevrolet Bolt to Arrive in Late 2016: Report appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
January 22, 2015
- The Chevrolet Spark EV is heading to the East Coast. The American automaker will start sales of its Spark EV this spring in Maryland, the third state that the electric compact will be sold in following launches in California and Oregon in 2013. Chevrolet says it is targeting Maryland for its “strong commuter market” as... The post Chevy Spark EV Sales Expand to Maryland appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
January 16, 2015
- Chevrolet goes electric as Cadillac aims to step up luxury development
January 13, 2015
- Chevrolet is previewing its next all-electric vehicle at the 2015 Detroit Auto Show. As the American automaker looks towards next-generation EV technology, the Chevrolet Bolt concept previewed an affordable electric vehicle that will have a range of over 200 miles and will be priced competitively at around $30,000. If those specifications sound familiar to you,... The post Chevrolet Bolt EV Concept Video, First Look appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
- The second-generation Chevrolet Volt has bowed at the 2015 Detroit Auto Show. Teased at the 2015 Consumer Electronics Show, the American automaker has officially unveiled the next-generation Volt boasting an electric-only driving range of 50 miles. Featuring an all-new powertrain, the 2016 Volt has a 1.5-liter four-cylinder engine combined with electric motors to provide a... The post 2016 Chevrolet Volt Video, First Look appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
January 12, 2015
- Chevrolet revealed the Bolt concept at the 2015 Detroit Auto Show today, previewing its next electric car. The concept is designed to offer more than 200 miles of driving range at a price of roughly $30,000, competing in the same space as Tesla’s upcoming Model 3, which is expected to be priced similarly with roughly the... The post Chevrolet Bolts into Detroit With New EV Concept appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
- Chevrolet is set to unveil its all-new, second-generation Volt at the Detroit auto show later today. This 2016 model features a laundry list of improvements but most importantly its electric-only driving range has been increased to 50 miles. When you factor its internal-combustion gasoline engine into the equation this car should offer a total driving... The post 2016 Chevy Volt Bows With 50-Mile Electric Range appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.