January 22, 2015
- Cadillac CEO Johan de Nysschen is trying to solve a puzzle that bested years of executives before him. He will speak to dealers at the 2015 National Automobile Dealers Association conference in San Francisco this Saturday. The Detroit News reports that de Nysschen hopes to convince them to invest in smaller showrooms that would focus... The post Cadillac Boss Wants Boutique Stores appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
January 7, 2015
- Cadillac is slashing prices on its 2015 CTS sedan by up to $3,000. Based on feedback from dealers and customers, Cadillac is reversing price increases that it imposed on the CTS 15 months ago. While the base price of $46,340 remains the same, top trim levels such as the Premium Collection CTS and the Performance... The post Slow Selling Cadillac CTS Re-Priced appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
December 15, 2014
- Chevrolet dealer Duane Paddock runs a fleet of 50 vehicles that he loans to service customers and as demos -- up from exactly zero two years ago.His dealership is part of a huge expansion of General Motors' Courtesy Transportation Program, a bid to create better loyalty via the service lane and by getting more people to try Chevy, Buick and GMC vehicles.Last year, GM added elements to the program to entice dealers to sign up, including more cash tied to every loaner vehicle. They get the...
December 2, 2014
- The most powerful car to ever wear a Chevrolet badge shipped from the factory in Bowling Green, Ky. GM announced today that it began shipping the 2015 Corvette Z06 to its dealers. Chevrolet’s new supercar fighter carries a starting price of $78,995 for the coupe or $83,995 for the convertible model. The Z06 will also... The post 2015 Corvette Z06 Begins Shipping to Dealers appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
October 27, 2014
- Cadillac is considering adding a convertible model to its lineup. An image of such a car was shown to hundreds of dealers at a recent event held in Las Vegas by Cadillac’s new global chief Johan de Nysschen. If it does come to fruition, the convertible will be based on the same platform that underpins the... more
October 3, 2014
- GM’s all-new pickups are off to a bumpy start. The American automaker has issued a stop-delivery order to its dealers for the 2015 Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon pickups due to a pending safety recall to fix an airbag defect. According to the note sent to dealers, GM has notified NHTSA of an “upcoming safety... more
October 2, 2014
- Volkswagen sold more than 3 million cars in China last year, beating out General Motors as the top foreign automaker. The German automaker has a long history in China, but it also offers a case study about what can happen when brands break free of Western conventions.For example, virtually all new car buyers in the U.S. do research online but completing the purchase is still done in a dealership. Very few of us can imagine buying a $50,000 car on the internet. Yet Shanghai VW, a joint venture...
September 24, 2014
- The high-performance Chevrolet Silverado Reaper is now available. Co-developed by Lingenfelter Performance Engineering and Southern Comfort Automotive, the Reaper is a specialty pickup truck with more aggressive styling and plenty of off-road performance. Available powerplant upgrades include a supercharged 5.3 liter or 6.2 liter while buyers can also opt for 17-inch beadlock off-road wheels with... more
September 3, 2014
- Fuel economy ratings for the upcoming GMC Canyon and Chevrolet Colorado were released today. When the trucks reach dealers, they will be the first new products to reach the segment in years and will be able to use superior fuel economy as an enticement over the Toyota Tacoma and Nissan Frontier in V6 form. The... more
August 21, 2014
- It is appearing more likely that the Opel Cascada will be heading to the U.S., branded as a Buick model. The American automaker recently showed its dealers the 2016 Opel Cascada as a future product, hinting that it will likely be available next year in North America. Earlier this year, Adam Opel AG trademarked the... more
August 18, 2014
- Customers hoping to pick up a new Cadillac Escalade are walking away from GM dealerships thanks to delays in the SUV’s rollout. GM says that logistic issues along with lengthy quality assurance inspections have been holding back Escalades from getting into the hands of customers. One dealer claims that he has had four customers walk... more
May 30, 2014
- Chevrolet dealers will begin taking delivery of the 2015 Corvette Stingray in September with enhancements over the previous model year. The 2014 model year Stingray came with a six-speed automatic transmission (or a rev-matching seven-speed manual), but the company will implement its new eight-speed automatic for 2015. Presumably, the added gears will bring improved performance... more
May 23, 2014
- The woes continue for General Motors, which can’t seem to stay out of the spotlight. The American automaker has issued a stop-delivery order to its dealers on the 2014-2015 Chevrolet Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe, GMC Sierra, Yukon, Yukon XL and Cadillac Escalade and Escalade ESV models. Not every vehicle is affected by the stop-delivery order however,... more
May 14, 2014
- Chevrolet will recall 140,067 Malibu sedans from the 2014 model year because of a problem with their brakes. Affected models have the 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine and are equipped with engine an start-stop feature. General Motors is expected to announced the recall campaign officially on Thursday, May 15, but Automotive News reports that Chevrolet dealers are... more
- Sales of Cadillac’s ELR plug-in hybrid are off to a rocky start, and now GM is trying sweeten the pot by offering discounts to customers and dealers. Dealers are being offered a $5,000 incentive to offer test drives in the ELR, a program it calls the Demonstrator Allowance Program. It has been devised as a way... more