April 16, 2014
- Chevy’s Corvette Z06 packs great looks and ridiculous performance, and now it can be had without a roof. The Corvette Z06 has traditionally been a manual-only model sold only as a coupe, but GM is breaking tradition this year by offering the car without a roof and with an eight-speed automatic transmission. Chevy says the... more
April 15, 2014
- Compressed natural gas (CNG) makes a lot of sense for those that do a lot of miles in a year, especially for truckers. General Motors has announced pricing for the bi-fuel CNG option on the both the 2500 and 3500 Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra, which starts at $9,500. With this upgrade, the trucks can... more
April 8, 2014
- Every weekday, we bring you the Ad Age/iSpot Hot Spots, new and trending TV commercials tracked by iSpot.tv, a company that catalogs, tags and measures activity around TV ads in real time. The New Releases ran on TV for the first time yesterday. The Most Engaging ads are showing sustained social heat, ranked by SpotShare scores reflecting the percent of digital activity associated with each one over the past week. See the methodology here.Among the new spots, Veet hair remover shows what seems...
April 7, 2014
- After being beat last month by Ram in sales, Chevrolet extended its March incentives into April. The Ram pickup outsold the Chevrolet Silverado for the first time last month since August 1999, besting the Silverado’s 42,247 units by 285 trucks. In hopes of ensuring that doesn’t happen again in April, Chevy has extended its March Truck... more
April 5, 2014
- The seventh-generation Chevrolet Corvette family is about to get bigger. The American automaker has confirmed that it will be bringing “a new variant of the seventh-generation Corvette” to this year’s New York Auto Show, in addition to the updated 2015 Cruze and a new addition to its small-vehicle lineup. As for what Chevy has planned... more
April 4, 2014
- With its controversial $600 million sponsorship of English soccer giant Manchester United in hand, Chevrolet is bringing the soccer team home to Michigan this summer to host a match.It will be part of the 2014 Guinness International Champions Cup and will be played at the University of Michigan's 109,000-seat football stadium Aug. 2 against Real Madrid.Manchester United will be wearing uniforms bearing the Chevrolet bowtie during the game. The automaker's seven-year sponsorship of the club...
- It's one of the biggest product-placement deals for GM since its pre-bailout 2007 tie-in with the first installment of the "Transformers" franchise. Though only a few of the GM models featured in the first "Transformers" were available for purchase at dealers -- the Chevy Camaro and Pontiac Solstice weren't on sale at the time -- the carmaker benefited from its heavy exposure in the Michael Bay flick.In that movie, the cars were literally the stars, giant robots that saved the planet. The...
April 1, 2014
- Upsets happen in sports all the time, but today’s upset isn’t from the basketball court, it is from March 2014 truck sales. The Ram 1500 outsold the Chevrolet Silverado for the first time since August 1999, back when Ram trucks were sold under the Dodge brand. That makes the Ram 1500 the second-best selling truck... more
March 31, 2014
- Dealers were told to stop selling the Chevy Cruze last week with no explanation, but now there is an answer. General Motors has announced that it is recalling about 172,000 Cruze models from the 2013 and 2014 model year equipped with 1.4-liter turbo engine, to replace a right front axle half shaft that can fracture or separate.... more
- The recalls just keep on coming from General Motors, with the latest calling back trucks and SUVs for a fire risk. The 2014 Chevy Silverado, GMC Sierra 1500 along with the full lineup of 2015 SUVs, including the Chevy Tahoe, Suburban and GMC Yukon and Yukon XL are all being called back because of a fire risk.... more
- The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) is constantly crash testing new cars for our safety, and new information released today has another model joining the ranks of the safest cars on the road. The 2014 Chevy Malibu has earned the Top Safety Pick Plus designation, the highest safety score that the IIHS hands out. It was handed... more
March 28, 2014
- General Motors has ordered that Chevrolet dealers stop selling some 2013 and 2014 Cruze models, though the automaker hasn’t said why. An e-mail, obtained by Automotive News, was sent to all U.S. Chevy dealers that included an urgent stop-delivery order for some Cruze models fit with a 1.4-liter turbo engine. A reason for the order was... more
March 25, 2014
- General Motors is once again providing the pace car for the legendary Indy 500, and this year a three-time winner of the race will be driving it. Retired Indy Car driver and three-time Indy 500 winner Dario Franchitti will pilot a 2015 Chevy Camaro Z/28 pace car at the upcoming Indy 500. This marks the... more
March 21, 2014
- We’re thinking small on this week’s installment of Ask AutoGuide, where value reigns supreme. Are cheap and cheerful mutually exclusive traits or can they really coexist in an automobile? We aim to find out and help one faithful reader in the process. Carlos is our victim person of interest in this post. At 21 years... more
March 18, 2014
- General Motors global Chevrolet marketing chief Tim Mahoney didn't give "proper homage to the creative side of the house."That was a quip McCann Worldgroup CEO Harris Diamond said in jest during his interview with Mr. Mahoney onstage at the 4As Transformation conference. It was a reaction to how marketers like GM are increasingly turning to media partners and seeing more value in what they offer, sometimes even at the expense of creative agencies.When asked what he is looking for from media...