May 25, 2015
- The current generation Chevrolet Volt is going through a serious sales slump, selling 2,779 units during the first four months the year and leaving 6,000 unsold cars sitting at dealer lots. That represents a massive 46 percent drop compared to last years first quarter sales numbers. That leaves an outstanding number of unsold cars just sitting at dealer lots... The post Thousands of Unsold Chevy Volts Sitting At Dealer Lots appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
May 24, 2015
- The redesigned 2016 Honda Pilot attracted the most attention last week. The Pilot has an all-new look and a fresh interior to try and make it more attractive for families everywhere. Our first drive of the 2016 Chevy Camaro was also popular last week. We got a chance to drive a V6-powered Camaro engineering prototype... The post Most Read Car Reviews of the Week: May 17 – 24 appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
May 19, 2015
- It doesn’t look like a small, lightweight rear-wheel drive Chevy sports car is in the cards, at least for now. Chevy hinted at a possible small sports car with the Code 130R Concept which was revealed at the 2012 Detroit Auto Show, but the company can’t currently justify bringing a model like that to production. “Capital is not... The post Chevy Small Sports Car Not a Priority: Exec appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
May 15, 2015
- After photos of the new 2016 Camaro leaked this morning, engine specifications have also made their way out. According to Jalopnik, the new 2016 Chevy Camaro will have three different powerplant choices. The base engine is a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder with 270-hp while the middle option will be the familiar 3.6-liter V6 with 330 hp. At the... The post 2016 Camaro Engine Specs Leaked appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
- 2016 Camaro photos have leaked online ahead of the car’s official debut. The car was shown on CNBC this morning completely uncovered and forum users on GM Inside News grabbed three screen shots, showing both the front and rear end of the new Chevy muscle car. Many exact details are still unknown at this point, though Chevy has already dropped... The post 2016 Camaro Photos Leaked appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
May 12, 2015
- General Motors has announced its largest single recall of 2015 so far. The company is calling back 469,000 Chevy Malibu sedans from the 2011 and 2012 model year over issues with the seat belts. In the affected vehicles, the flexible steel cable that connects the seat belt to the vehicle can become worn out over... The post GM Announces Two Recalls for 520K Vehicles appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
May 11, 2015
- The latest teaserTe from GM gives us our best look yet at the new 2016 Chevy Camaro. Chevy released the new photos to tout the aerodynamics of the sixth-generation 2016 Camaro, which the brand claims will slip more easily through the air than the previous car. Chevy also claims that aerodynamic lift has been greatly reduced... The post 2016 Camaro Silhouette Shown in Teaser appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
May 7, 2015
- After undergoing some structural changes, the 2015 Chevy Sonic has been named a Top Safety Pick by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS). This applies to both the sedan and hatchback, built after February of 2015. The previous 2014 car’s score of “marginal” in the small overlap test was holding it back from Top Safety... The post 2015 Chevy Sonic Named IIHS Top Safety Pick appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
May 6, 2015
- Brand new 2016 Chevy Cruze spy photos are in, showing the car’s updated styling. Chevy’s compact car has adopted new looks from the recently redesigned Malibu, taking on a more aggressive, angular appearance. That’s not all that the Cruze will take from the Malibu either. A new 1.5-liter turbocharged four-cylinder, which was introduced with the updated Malibu,... The post 2016 Chevy Cruze Spy Photos Reveal New Style appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
April 30, 2015
- GM has announced that it is cutting 1000 jobs at its Oshawa assembly plant in Canada. This is the result of Chevy Camaro production moving from Oshawa to an assembly facility in Michigan. Production of the Camaro in Oshawa will end on November 20, 2015. The Oshawa plant currently employs 3600 employees which will be... The post GM Cuts 1000 Jobs in Canada appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
- Chevrolet has revealed another piece of the upcoming 2016 Camaro. The brand has released photos of the rear end of the new car along with the hood, showing some of the Camaro’s new styling. “The Camaro went to the gym and came out with a lithe, more athletic physique for the sixth generation,” said Ed Welburn, vice... The post 2016 Chevy Camaro Body Panels Revealed appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
April 29, 2015
- The iconic Chevrolet Corvette will serve as the pace car for the Indianapolis 500 for the 13th time. The American automaker has announced the Corvette Z06 will be driven by Jeff Gordon as the pace car for the 99th running of the Indianapolis 500, marking the 26th time a Chevy has led the pack. The... The post Jeff Gordon to Pace Indy 500 in Corvette Z06 appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
- Chevy is turning one its 2014 SEMA Show cars into a reality. The Chevy Impala Midnight Edition comes with blacked-out style accents to give the car a more dramatic appearance. Customers can order the new package on 1LT, 2LT and LTZ-trim Impala models. SEE ALSO: Chevrolet Impala Midnight Edition Coming Soon The Midnight Edition includes... The post Chevy Impala Midnight Edition Heading to Production appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
April 24, 2015
- Chevy has introduced a new special edition of its top sports car, the Corvette Z06. The Chevy Corvette Z06 C7.R edition mimics the famous Chevy race car of the same name by wearing its livery, available in either yellow or black. Only 500 examples of this special edition will be built and each one will... The post Corvette Z06 C7.R Edition Wears a Race Suit appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
April 16, 2015
- Chevy’s latest ad for the Colorado introduces the digital age to the world of print. About 10,000 subscribers each to Esquire and Popular Mechanics will receive a May issue that includes a small video player embedded into a full-page ad for Chevy’s new midsize pickup truck, allowing them to watch three short videos. The subscribers who... The post Chevy Brings Video Ads to Print Magazines appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.