May 13, 2013
- Strategic Vision has announced the winners of its 2013 Total Quality Index (TQI), with American automakers reinstating their position in some very competitive segments. Measuring quality since 1994, Strategic Vision not only factors in counting problems but includes multiple aspects of influence and perception that customers use as a base for their purchasing decisions. This... more
May 9, 2013
- A bold new look, innovative features plus even more capability and fuel economy; but does the Chevy Silverado still have a junk interior?
May 8, 2013
- To celebrate and recognize the bond between trucks and Texans, Chevy has released the 2014 Silverado Texas Edition, that will be offered exclusively in the Lone Star State. “The Silverado Texas Edition recognizes the fact that one out of every six full-size pickups are sold in Texas,” said Maria Rohrer, Silverado marketing director. The Texas... more
May 5, 2013
- The new High Country-trim Silverado from Chevrolet is the latest pickup truck to take on the roll of luxury cruiser, along with hard worker, and Chevy just released the details on its new luxo-truck. High Country Silverados will sit on top of the range, and get unique style thanks to a chrome grille, halogen projector headlamps... more
- Corvette says there is a substitute for Porsche. And it's the all-new 2014 Corvette Stingray hitting showrooms this fall. General Motors' Chevrolet and ad agency Commonwealth, Detroit, are plotting an ambitious marketing strategy for one of the automaker's biggest launches of the year. Chevrolet will market the seventh-generation vehicle toward loyal Corvette owners, but also wants to "conquest" U.S. consumers who prefer European two-seaters from Porsche, Mercedes-Benz and Audi. It's taking...
May 2, 2013
- The new 2014 Chevy Corvette Stingray has officially been announced as the pace car for the upcoming 2013 Indy 500, held at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Known as “The Greatest Spectacle in Racing,” the 2013 Indy 500 be the 97th running of the race, and will mark the 12th time that a Corvette has acted as the pace car.... more
- There’s a problem with the Chevy Volt says General Motors CEO Dan Akerson; the American automaker is losing money on every one of them. That, however, will change with the second-generation model, he says, as will the price which could drop by as much as $10,000. Akerson make the comments speaking at Fortune magazine’s Braintrom... more
April 29, 2013
- The only Canadian stop for the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series and the first ever NASCAR event to be held at Canadian Tire Motorsports Park will be billed at the Chevy Silverado 250. Just a 20 minute drive from General Motors Canada headquarters, the branding initiative coincides with the launch of the all-new 2014 Chevy... more
April 26, 2013
- Take a look at Australia’s most powerful car: a 575-hp Holden HSV GTS powered by the same supercharged V8 from the Chevrolet Camaro ZL1. The HSV GTS is based on the Holden Commodore with more aggressive styling and different badging. What appears above is a rendering from Steve Short and Carsguide.au, but it’s the powerplant that... more
April 25, 2013
- With a slew of new large crossovers hitting the market, is a light refresh too subtle to keep Chevy's Traverse in the game?
April 18, 2013
- Set to launch this year, the diesel powered Chevrolet Cruze will offer better highway mileage than any non-hybrid passenger car in America, with a rating of 46 mpg. Chevy says that rating will deliver up to 700 miles of range or roughly 10 hours of driving. The Cruze Diesel comes equipped with a 2.0-liter turbocharged... more
April 14, 2013
- Driven an Impala lately? Probably not, unless it was a rental. Once America's best-selling car, the full-size sedan has mostly been relegated to auto-rental fleets, police departments and car services. About 70% of sales come from fleets, according to Chevrolet, while only 30% comes from individual buyers. The marketing challenge for the General Motors brand and its ad agency, Commonwealth, Detroit, is to flip that sales ratio "completely around," said Chevrolet Senior Marketing Manager Rich...
April 6, 2013
- General Motors has began notifying 778,956 owners of various vehicles that they will need more frequent oil changes due to high warranty claims on several models. Affected vehicles include the Chevrolet Equinox, GMC Terrain, Buick LaCrosse and Regal models, all 2010-2012 model years. Those vehicles powered by a 2.4-liter LAF and LEA four-cylinder engine are... more
April 4, 2013
- When GM was developing the Cadillac ATS, the American automaker faced a predicament: build the luxury sedan on an existing, front-wheel drive Delta platform, or build an entirely new rear-wheel drive architecture. Now named the North American Car of the Year, it’s clear that GM made the right choice on building an entirely new rear-wheel... more
April 1, 2013
- General Motors announced today that the 5.3-liter V8 found in both the GMC Sierra and Chevy Silverado has been SAE rated at 355 hp and 383 lb-ft of torque, and will get an estimated 23 mpg highway for rear-wheel drive models, and 22 mpg highway with four-wheel drive. Base pricing was also revealed by the brands, with the... more