April 30, 2015
- GM has announced that it is cutting 1000 jobs at its Oshawa assembly plant in Canada. This is the result of Chevy Camaro production moving from Oshawa to an assembly facility in Michigan. Production of the Camaro in Oshawa will end on November 20, 2015. The Oshawa plant currently employs 3600 employees which will be... The post GM Cuts 1000 Jobs in Canada appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
- Chevrolet has revealed another piece of the upcoming 2016 Camaro. The brand has released photos of the rear end of the new car along with the hood, showing some of the Camaro’s new styling. “The Camaro went to the gym and came out with a lithe, more athletic physique for the sixth generation,” said Ed Welburn, vice... The post 2016 Chevy Camaro Body Panels Revealed appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
April 29, 2015
- The iconic Chevrolet Corvette will serve as the pace car for the Indianapolis 500 for the 13th time. The American automaker has announced the Corvette Z06 will be driven by Jeff Gordon as the pace car for the 99th running of the Indianapolis 500, marking the 26th time a Chevy has led the pack. The... The post Jeff Gordon to Pace Indy 500 in Corvette Z06 appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
- Chevy is turning one its 2014 SEMA Show cars into a reality. The Chevy Impala Midnight Edition comes with blacked-out style accents to give the car a more dramatic appearance. Customers can order the new package on 1LT, 2LT and LTZ-trim Impala models. SEE ALSO: Chevrolet Impala Midnight Edition Coming Soon The Midnight Edition includes... The post Chevy Impala Midnight Edition Heading to Production appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
April 24, 2015
- Chevy has introduced a new special edition of its top sports car, the Corvette Z06. The Chevy Corvette Z06 C7.R edition mimics the famous Chevy race car of the same name by wearing its livery, available in either yellow or black. Only 500 examples of this special edition will be built and each one will... The post Corvette Z06 C7.R Edition Wears a Race Suit appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
April 16, 2015
- Chevy’s latest ad for the Colorado introduces the digital age to the world of print. About 10,000 subscribers each to Esquire and Popular Mechanics will receive a May issue that includes a small video player embedded into a full-page ad for Chevy’s new midsize pickup truck, allowing them to watch three short videos. The subscribers who... The post Chevy Brings Video Ads to Print Magazines appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
- Here's something you don't see every day: Chevrolet bought print ads to show off its digital videos.The ad, which promotes Chevy's Colorado truck, appears in the May issue of certain subscriber issues of Esquire and Popular Mechanics. And it allows readers to watch one of three short videos, which were created by Chevy's creative agency Commonwealth//McCann. Continue reading at AdAge.com
April 15, 2015
- Chevrolet is making the Spark EV more affordable. The company is cutting $1,650 off the car’s price tag, bringing the total MSRP to $25,995, though once cash incentives and federal tax credits are added the price drops to just $14,995. A new cheap lease offer of $139 per month for 39 months with no money down has also... The post Chevy Spark EV Gets Price Cut appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
- The first 2015 Chevrolet COPO Camaro is being sold to benefit disabled veterans. The American automaker has announced that the first production 2015 COPO Camaro will be auctioned off on Saturday, April 18, at the Barrett-Jackson Palm Beach auction. Sporting serial number 2015COPO001, 100 percent of the winning bid of the drag car will go to... The post First 2015 Chevy COPO Camaro to be Auctioned for Veterans appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
April 9, 2015
- Chevy will halt production of the Volt for six weeks this summer due to slow sales and to prepare for the new model. GM currently has a 200-day supply of Volts, a glut of cars that the company wants to clear out before the new 2016 model arrives. Generally, a 60-day supply is considered healthy.... The post Chevy Halting Volt Production for Six Weeks appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
- The slow drip of information on the 2016 Chevy Camaro continues. GM says that the new Camaro is 28 percent stiffer than the current car and we already know that it will be about 200 lbs lighter than its predecessor. Chevy says that the more rigid body along with the weight loss has allowed them to... The post 2016 Chevy Camaro is 28 Percent Stiffer appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
April 8, 2015
- Chevy has revealed a new appearance package for its big pickup trucks. Revealed at the Denver Auto Show, you can now get a Silverado 2500 or 3500 with the Custom Sport package, which adds monochromatic style thanks to body-color front and rear bumpers, a body-color grille with chrome accents, chrome door handles and side moldings... The post Chevy Silverado HD Adds Custom Sport Trim appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
April 7, 2015
- The upcoming redesigned 2016 Chevy Camaro has been spied testing once again. These latest spy photos show the car close up, giving us a good view of some of the design details. The headlight and taillight design is clearly visible along with the new grille and lower air dam, all of which carry sharper lines... The post 2016 Chevy Camaro Spied Close Up appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
April 4, 2015
- The Chevrolet Malibu is all new for 2016 and it certainly looks the part, but more importantly than design is just how much weight this midsize sedan has lost. Engineers have trimmed it down by around 300 pounds. That’s like dropping the equivalent of a professional wrestler! Unquestionably the amount of mass they took out... The post How GM Engineered a Lighter Chevy Malibu appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
April 2, 2015
- Every weekday, we bring you the Ad Age/iSpot Hot Spots, new and trending TV commercials tracked by iSpot.tv, a company that catalogs, tags and measures activity around TV ads in real time. The New Releases here ran on TV for the first time yesterday. The Most Engaging ads are showing sustained social heat, ranked by SpotShare scores reflecting the percent of digital activity associated with each one over the past week. See the methodology here.Among the new releases, Sonia Kashuk and Cindy...