January 28, 2015
- Did the new Corvette Z06 really just become the first production car to lap the Nurburgring in under 7 minutes? Rumors on the internet say so. Chevy disagrees. Either way, don’t be surprised if the new Z06 is dramatically faster than any time a Corvette has set at the famed Green Hell before. “Chevrolet has... The post Chevy Denies Z06 Nurburgring Time of 6:59 appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
January 26, 2015
- Rumor has it that Ford has already taken its new Shelby GT350R to one of the world’s most famous race tracks. According to Car Buzz, the Shelby GT350R has managed to lap the Nürburgring in 7:32.19, beating out the Chevy Camaro Z/28’s time of 7:37.47. Power numbers for the Shelby are still unknown, though the company says it will make... The post Shelby GT350R Beats Camaro Z/28 Around the ‘Ring? appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
January 24, 2015
- GM is shutting down one of its plants for two weeks to help trim inventory levels for two of its models. It is being reported that the American automaker will idle production at its Orion Assembly Plant in Orion Township the week of February 16 and April 6 as inventory levels for the Buick Verano... The post GM Halting Chevy Sonic, Buick Verano Production appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
January 23, 2015
- Chevrolet has made its first Midnight Edition model official. Making its official public debut at the 2015 Chicago Auto Show, the 2015 Silverado Midnight Edition builds off a standard black Silverado Z71, adding an all-black front end with body-matched grille, bumper, headlights bezels, tow hooks and fog lamps. In addition, the pickup gets black side moldings... The post Chevy Silverado Midnight Edition Heading for Chicago Debut appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
January 22, 2015
- The Chevrolet Spark EV is heading to the East Coast. The American automaker will start sales of its Spark EV this spring in Maryland, the third state that the electric compact will be sold in following launches in California and Oregon in 2013. Chevrolet says it is targeting Maryland for its “strong commuter market” as... The post Chevy Spark EV Sales Expand to Maryland appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
January 21, 2015
- Long rumored to launch a pickup truck in the U.S. market, Hyundai has stoked the flames with the reveal of the new Santa Cruz concept at the Detroit Auto Show. A true compact pickup truck, it’s in no way a competitor to top sellers like the F-150 or even the new Chevy Colorado and it... The post Why Hyundai Won’t Build a Full-Size Pickup appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
January 20, 2015
- Welcome to the first episode in our long-term evaluation of the 2015 GMC Canyon. The pickup truck world is full so of choices that many of the lines traditionally dividing segments are starting to blur. GM’s answer to the crowded marketplace is downsizing in the form of the new Chevy Colorado and GMC Canyon. These... The post 2015 GMC Canyon Long-Term Review: Introduction appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
January 19, 2015
- While AutoGuide.com‘s spy photographers have caught the 2016 Chevrolet Camaro on camera numerous times, this is the first time GM itself has teased the next generation. Serving as a backdrop as the company took the stage for its press conference at the 2015 Detroit Auto Show, Chevy showed off the silhouettes of five new models it will... The post 2016 Chevrolet Camaro Teased in Detroit appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
January 13, 2015
- General Motors will sit out the Super Bowl, the company confirmed.Last year the automaker aired two 30-second ads in the Big Game supporting its Chevrolet brand, but all its makes will be absent from the ad lineup during Super Bowl XLIX. GM will, however, have some presence in the game -- Chevy will present the Most Valuable Player with a Chevrolet Colorado, a spokeswoman said.GM made some noise last year by getting back on the Super Bowl ad gridiron. In 2013, it sidelined its brands from the...
January 12, 2015
- Chevrolet is set to unveil its all-new, second-generation Volt at the Detroit auto show later today. This 2016 model features a laundry list of improvements but most importantly its electric-only driving range has been increased to 50 miles. When you factor its internal-combustion gasoline engine into the equation this car should offer a total driving... The post 2016 Chevy Volt Bows With 50-Mile Electric Range appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
January 11, 2015
- As we gear up for the 2015 Detroit Auto Show, let’s take a look back at the most popular car reviews from last week. The brand-new 2015 Chevy Corvette Z06 attracted the most attention last week, no surprise considering the massive 6.2-liter V8 that it packs, making 650 hp and 650 lb-ft of torque. Next... The post Most Read Car Reviews of the Week: January 4 – 11 appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
January 10, 2015
- Come 2017 General Motors will launch an all-new product that aims to push electric car technology to the next level. Called the “Bolt,” Chevy’s new electric car will offer 200 miles of emissions free electric range on a single charge. GM filed a trademark for the Bolt name in August of last year. Larger than... The post Chevy “Bolt” to Arrive in 2017 With 200 Mile Electric Range appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
January 7, 2015
- Every weekday, we bring you the Ad Age/iSpot Hot Spots, new and trending TV commercials tracked by iSpot.tv, a company that catalogs, tags and measures activity around TV ads in real time. The New Releases here ran on TV for the first time yesterday. The Most Engaging ads are showing sustained social heat, ranked by SpotShare scores reflecting the percent of digital activity associated with each one over the past week. See the methodology here.Among the new releases, DriveTime, a used car and...
- Chevy is adding a new appearance package to the 2015 Silverado half-ton pickup. Called the Custom Sport Package, it gives the Silverado a monochromatic appearance thanks to body-colored front and rear bumpers along with a body-colored grille surround with a chrome-accented black grille. Chrome is also a big part of the package, which tacks on 20-inch chrome... The post 2015 Chevy Silverado Custom Sport Revealed appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
January 4, 2015
- The second-generation Chevrolet Volt has broken cover ahead of its official reveal at the Detroit Auto Show later this month. The next-gen model was revealed at a private function in Las Vegas on the eve of the Consumer Electronics Show. This is your first look at the redesigned 2016 Chevy Volt: http://t.co/IkwUKn7tXU pic.twitter.com/Ebx5sZSVx7 — The... The post 2016 Chevy Volt Revealed at Consumer Electronics Show appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.