July 2, 2015
- Chevy has introduced a cool new feature for your smartphone. Active phone cooling is being introduced in a number of Chevrolet models to keep smartphones from overheating while using wireless charging. Chevy engineers noticed that some phones would suspend charging or even shut off all together during extreme heat tests. SEE ALSO: 2015 Chevy Impala... The post Chevy Introduces Cool Smartphone Feature appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
June 15, 2015
- Chevrolet has begun restoring the 1 millionth Corvette ever built. The historic sports car fell victim to the massive sinkhole at the National Corvette Museum nearly 16 months ago in Bowling Green, Kentucky. The restoration of the 1 millionth Corvette will be led by a part of GM’s Mechanical Assembly group at the Design Center, which typically builds... The post Chevy Begins Restoration of 1 Millionth Corvette appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) is reviewing a defect petition filed for the 2010 Chevy Tahoe. The petition was originally filed in August, seeking a formal investigation into the 2010 Chevy Tahoe for possible issues with its side curtain airbags. NHTSA has announced that it is reviewing whether the side curtain airbags in 58,000 Tahoe SUVs... The post 2010 Chevy Tahoe Under Investigation for Airbag Issue appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
- A quiet update of the 2016 Chevy Volt’s spec sheet suggests that the new range-extended hybrid will have better fuel economy than first projected. The car is now listed at 106 MPGe, up from the original estimate of 102 MPGe. On gasoline only, the spec sheet was changed to read 43 MPG combined, but... The post 2016 Chevy Volt MPG Specs Quietly Updated appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
June 4, 2015
- The Chevrolet Corvette Z06 has officially completed its Nurburgring lap and a time will be published soon. In a weekly question and answer post on a Corvette forum, Chief Engineer Tadge Juechter confirmed that Chevy recently made a continuous lap of the Nurburgring and is currently putting together the press release and will have the... The post 2016 Corvette Z06 Nurburgring Lap Time Coming Soon appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
June 3, 2015
- Globally, the bow-tie brand has sold more than 3.5 million copies of its Cruze compact car, making this nameplate their best-selling automobile in the world. And impressively more than 1 million of those buyers are in the United States. Of course this car has also resonated with buyers in 115 different markets around the planet.... The post Chevy has Sold 3.5 Million Cruzes Globally appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
- Chevy is teasing the next-generation 2016 Cruze. Chevrolet says that the new model will be larger and lighter than the current car while also offering new technologies and new powertrains. Styling appears to be similar to what we have seen with the new Chevy Volt and Malibu. SEE ALSO: 2016 Chevy Cruze Spy Photos A dual-clutch seven-speed... The post 2016 Chevy Cruze Teaser Photo Released appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
June 1, 2015
- Both Subaru and General Motors have announced more vehicles involved in the Takata Airbag Recall. GM is calling back 374,715 heavy-duty Chevy Silverados and GMC Sierras, both from the 2007 and 2008 year to fix the faulty airbags. Subaru has announced a recall for 60,000 vehicles fitted with the bad airbags, encompassing the 2004-2005 Impreza and... The post Subaru, GM Announce Takata Airbag Recalls appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
May 29, 2015
- One of General Motor’s top executives will be piloting a Corvette Z06 pace car at this weekend’s Belle Isle Grand Prix. Mark Reuss, the top product development executive at GM, will be driving the new Chevy Corvette in front of the Indy Car pack this weekend. “I’m thrilled to drive the Corvette Z06 pace car at... The post Corvette Z06 to Pace Detroit Belle Isle Grand Prix appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
May 28, 2015
- 2016 Chevy Camaro production is moving to Michigan and GM has announced a large investment to prepare the facility. The American automaker will sink $175 million into the Lansing Grand River Plant, where 2016 Chevy Camaro production will take place. A second shift of 500 workers will be added at the plant beginning in late summer. Production... The post GM Investing $175M to Prepare Lansing Plant for 2016 Camaro Production appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
May 25, 2015
- The current generation Chevrolet Volt is going through a serious sales slump, selling 2,779 units during the first four months the year and leaving 6,000 unsold cars sitting at dealer lots. That represents a massive 46 percent drop compared to last years first quarter sales numbers. That leaves an outstanding number of unsold cars just sitting at dealer lots... The post Thousands of Unsold Chevy Volts Sitting At Dealer Lots appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
May 24, 2015
- The redesigned 2016 Honda Pilot attracted the most attention last week. The Pilot has an all-new look and a fresh interior to try and make it more attractive for families everywhere. Our first drive of the 2016 Chevy Camaro was also popular last week. We got a chance to drive a V6-powered Camaro engineering prototype... The post Most Read Car Reviews of the Week: May 17 – 24 appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
May 19, 2015
- It doesn’t look like a small, lightweight rear-wheel drive Chevy sports car is in the cards, at least for now. Chevy hinted at a possible small sports car with the Code 130R Concept which was revealed at the 2012 Detroit Auto Show, but the company can’t currently justify bringing a model like that to production. “Capital is not... The post Chevy Small Sports Car Not a Priority: Exec appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
May 15, 2015
- After photos of the new 2016 Camaro leaked this morning, engine specifications have also made their way out. According to Jalopnik, the new 2016 Chevy Camaro will have three different powerplant choices. The base engine is a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder with 270-hp while the middle option will be the familiar 3.6-liter V6 with 330 hp. At the... The post 2016 Camaro Engine Specs Leaked appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
- 2016 Camaro photos have leaked online ahead of the car’s official debut. The car was shown on CNBC this morning completely uncovered and forum users on GM Inside News grabbed three screen shots, showing both the front and rear end of the new Chevy muscle car. Many exact details are still unknown at this point, though Chevy has already dropped... The post 2016 Camaro Photos Leaked appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.