March 3, 2015
- While the other automakers are comparing horsepower, zero-to-sixty times and top speeds, Lexus is taking a more practical approach to the 2015 Geneva Motor Show, by showcasing its LF-SA city car concept. To give you some context, the the LF-SA Concept is 135 inches long, making it 9 inches shorter than a Chevy Spark. But it still features... The post Lexus LF-SA Concept: Little Car, Big Style appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
February 25, 2015
- Increasing dealer inventory is forcing GM to curb production at two of its facilities. The American automaker has scheduled five days of downtime at the Orion Assembly plant in Detroit, where the Chevy Sonic and Buick Verano are built, to adjust supply to demand according to Automotive News. The ‘flex’ line in Oshawa, Ontario will also be idled... The post GM Cutting Production on Slow Sales appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
February 20, 2015
- Chevrolet is adding a dose of style to its base-model pickup truck. The Silverado 1500 Work Truck is now available with the $1,595 Black Out package, bringing the total cost for the truck up to $28,895 including destination. SEE ALSO: Chevy Silverado Custom Sport Adds Style For that price, buyers will get a regular- or double-cab Silverado WT... The post Chevy Silverado WT Adds Black Out Package appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
February 19, 2015
- Chevy’s all-electric vehicle might receive a new name before production begins. The Chevy Bolt Concept has been criticized for having a name that sounds too much like the Chevy Volt, so much so that GM management is thinking about changing the name. “Some people think it’s confusing,” Alan Batey, president of GM North America told... The post Chevy Bolt Could be Renamed appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
February 17, 2015
- Chevrolet engineers are aiming to improve how the SS sports sedan handles. Word is that the American automaker’s engineers want to create an optional 1LE package for the SS to enhance its handling that would be based on the Camaro 1LE’s popular package. According to MotorTrend, Chevy engineers even know what parts they would outfit the... The post Chevrolet SS Could Get 1LE Package appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
February 14, 2015
- Chevrolet has given its popular Equinox crossover a refresh at the 2015 Chicago Auto Show. Along with updated styling and new wheels, the 2016 Equinox also benefits from a larger touchscreen in the cabin and standard rearview camera on all models. The current-generation Equinox was introduced in 2010 and has been highly successful for Chevy,... The post 2016 Chevrolet Equinox Video, First Look appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
February 10, 2015
- Two small crossovers from GM have earned top safety honors from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS). The Buick Encore and its sister vehicle the Chevy Trax have both been named IIHS Top Safety Picks. A major improvement in the small overlap test made it possible. SEE ALSO: Buick Encore Production Increased When it was... The post 2015 Buick Encore, Chevy Trax Earn IIHS Top Safety Pick appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
February 9, 2015
- The National Corvette Museum no longer has a massive sinkhole. Last year, a sinkhole opened up at the National Corvette Museum, swallowing numerous collectible Chevy Corvettes. According to a recent video featuring project manager Zach Massey, the sinkhole has been filled with a series of “micropiles” and beams that support the floor should another sinkhole... The post National Corvette Museum Sinkhole Filled appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
February 5, 2015
- Every weekday, we bring you the Ad Age/iSpot Hot Spots, new and trending TV commercials tracked by iSpot.tv, a company that catalogs, tags and measures activity around TV ads in real time. The New Releases here ran on TV for the first time yesterday. The Most Engaging ads are showing sustained social heat, ranked by SpotShare scores reflecting the percent of digital activity associated with each one over the past week. See the methodology here.Among the new releases, Coca Cola makes your...
February 1, 2015
- Chevy’s Super Bowl ad asks the big question about the big game. And Chevy is providing the answer too. What would you do if your TV went out and you couldn’t watch the Super Bowl? Well, if you had a new Chevy Colorado pickup you could have the available 4G LTE wi-fi. Problem solved. The post The Chevy Colorado Super Bowl Commercial Asks the Big Question appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
January 30, 2015
- GM is cutting the entry price on four of its popular models. The Chevy Cruze and Equinox along with the Buick Lacrosse and GMC Terrain have all had their base price lowered by as much as $2,570. The new Cruze L starts at $16,170, making it $1,575 cheaper than the current base model. A new L... The post GM Adds Cheaper Base Trim to Four Models appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
January 28, 2015
- Did the new Corvette Z06 really just become the first production car to lap the Nurburgring in under 7 minutes? Rumors on the internet say so. Chevy disagrees. Either way, don’t be surprised if the new Z06 is dramatically faster than any time a Corvette has set at the famed Green Hell before. “Chevrolet has... The post Chevy Denies Z06 Nurburgring Time of 6:59 appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
January 26, 2015
- Rumor has it that Ford has already taken its new Shelby GT350R to one of the world’s most famous race tracks. According to Car Buzz, the Shelby GT350R has managed to lap the Nürburgring in 7:32.19, beating out the Chevy Camaro Z/28’s time of 7:37.47. Power numbers for the Shelby are still unknown, though the company says it will make... The post Shelby GT350R Beats Camaro Z/28 Around the ‘Ring? appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
January 24, 2015
- GM is shutting down one of its plants for two weeks to help trim inventory levels for two of its models. It is being reported that the American automaker will idle production at its Orion Assembly Plant in Orion Township the week of February 16 and April 6 as inventory levels for the Buick Verano... The post GM Halting Chevy Sonic, Buick Verano Production appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
January 23, 2015
- Chevrolet has made its first Midnight Edition model official. Making its official public debut at the 2015 Chicago Auto Show, the 2015 Silverado Midnight Edition builds off a standard black Silverado Z71, adding an all-black front end with body-matched grille, bumper, headlights bezels, tow hooks and fog lamps. In addition, the pickup gets black side moldings... The post Chevy Silverado Midnight Edition Heading for Chicago Debut appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.