December 26, 2012
- EXECUTIVE EDITOR BOB GRITZINGER: Talk about your major hoots. I'm not sure anybody needs this much power at hand for their day-to-day drives. It could only lead to trouble.
December 7, 2012
November 7, 2012
July 9, 2012
June 11, 2012
- Like the smaller CTS, the new XTS is a visual standpoint and offers plenty of comfort and reasonable performance
March 15, 2012
- EXECUTIVE EDITOR BOB GRITZINGER: This four-cylinder LaCrosse is a risk for
November 12, 2011
- A year ago I was less than kind to the likes of the Equinox. I'm not going to lie, I didn't like it. Anyone who knows me, knows the story. Maybe it was circumstance, maybe I was just having a bad week, or maybe Chevy really did have an unsatisfactory product. Whatever the case, I was left with a bitter taste in my mouth while the rest of the automotive community sang the crossover's praises. I just couldn't bring myself to agree.
November 10, 2011
November 5, 2011
- Torrent was Pontiac's entry in what would become a crowded and competitive crossover SUV marketplace. It hit our streets as a 2006 model, alongside the mechanically identical Chevrolet Equinox, to replace the aging Chevy Blazer with a more agile, car-like and efficient machine. Used vehicle shoppers after a decent, relatively large crossover without the high prices of comparable Japanese models will likely gravitate towards it.
- It seems that as of late I've been behind the wheels of some pretty manly vehicles. From the Porsche Boxster S Black Edition to the Chevy Camaro 2SS Convertible, the cars gracing my driveway have been testosterone packed. There's something about driving a vehicle that's perceived as masculine that makes a car that much more appealing (in my opinion). To some, it might spell "intimidation."
November 4, 2011
- EDITOR WES RAYNAL: My Suburban love is well documented over the years. Yes, I wish we would have purchased the long-termer we ran for a year a while ago. I loved that truck, and I love this 2011
November 2, 2011
- If you know what spalled concrete is, you're already one up on me. For those who don't, well, let me be the first to enlighten you. Over time, improperly applied concrete can break down when carbon dioxide in the air reacts with the alkalis in the concrete in a process called carbonation. The steel bars within the concrete corrode, causing the surface to buckle and crack. The things you learn on new car launches.
October 29, 2011
- Trick or treat! After a busy week attending the AJAC TestFest, we'll be heading home to get our costumes and makeup ready for Halloween. Our onslaught of car reviews continues, however, as we'll be presenting you our impressions of some 2011 and brand new 2012 models.