June 12, 2015
This Ford GT will compete in top-line sports car racing next yearFord is returning to sports car racing, and BMW is toying with the idea, which leaves very few manufacturers to enter Formula 1 Today’s announcement that Ford is returning to endurance sports car racing with its GT model, allied with Wednesday’s news that BMW is considering a Le Mans assault, should cause a few furrowed brows in Formula 1 circles.Why? Simply, because there...
- Slow-selling Honda Accord is officially dropped in the UK, with no replacement expected The Honda Accord has been axed in the UK. Citing a reduced market demand for the Accord in this country, Honda says it is "focusing on what the customer wants, which is the C-segment, crossover and SUV market."The Accord faced increasing competition from more modern rivals in what has become a shrinking segment in Europe. Key rivals for the Accord include the new Ford Mondeo and Volkswagen Passat, as well as...
June 9, 2015
- Marchionne said to recruit allies for GM merger; NTSB pushes collision-avoidance tech; BMW electric SUV?; Ram Laramie prices; Canada taps Toyota vet; Ford, Chevy sales battles; Honda HR-V ad.
June 3, 2015
- Honda the victor in 'Car Wars'; Hot month for Subaru, cool month for Hyundai-Kia; How one Chrysler nearly outsold Buick; A ride in new Nissan Maxima; Blue Angel inspiration.
June 2, 2015
- Probably the most capable front-wheel-drive car in production today It’s Honda’s take on how to do a hot hatchback, after quite a sabbatical for the Type R brand. This Civic Type R has been a long time coming.Now it’s here, it’s not short of mechanical promise. Some 306 promises, in fact, making it one of the most powerful hatches around. Although, unlike the Volkswagen Golf R and upcoming Mk3 Ford Focus RS, Honda has tasked the Civic with deploying its poke through only the front wheels via...
May 28, 2015
- The launch of Google's Android Auto and Apple's CarPlay infotainment interfaces could upend the usual "the more you pay, the more you get" rule by giving cars from brands such as Chevrolet, Honda and Hyundai a better computer interface than most...
May 23, 2015
- Ram, GMC, Chevy truck deals; May U.S. sales outlook; VW needs 'a bit of time' to replace Piech; Honda Pilot's takeoff; Mazda, Subaru get a break in Calif.; Drone view of Tesla 'Gigafactory.'
May 20, 2015
- The first model from British start-up Elemental will launch in 2016, offering competition for the likes of KTM, BAC and Vuhl. We meet the men behind the project It’s been nine months since we last caught up with the team behind Britain’s newest niche sports car, the Elemental RP1.Designed by a small group of engineers with experience at McLaren, Jeep, Porsche and numerous works BTCC teams, the RP1 is destined to rival high-performance, low-volume cars such as the BAC Mono, KTM X-Bow and Vuhl 05...
May 18, 2015
- As far as North American suppliers are concerned, Toyota and Honda are the gold standard, while Ford, Nissan, Fiat Chrysler and General Motors are also-rans.
May 16, 2015
- The Chevrolets and Hondas that millions of Americans drive have at least one thing in common with the high-revving, single-seat open-wheeled cars that will be zipping around the track during Sunday's running of the Indianapolis 500 - the engineers...
May 14, 2015
- U.S. puts 'talking car' efforts on faster track; Honda recalling more airbags; Some FCA plants to skip summer shutdown; GM tech-center investment; Buick's product-placement campaign.
May 13, 2015
- Honda is the latest automaker to enter the red-hot subcompact utility segment with the Fit-based HR-V. It competes with the Buick Encore, Jeep Renegade, Fiat 500X and Chevrolet Trax. Prices start at around $21,000.
May 5, 2015
- Ford replaces Chicago factory managers amid harassment suit, report says; debate over dealerships selling cars on Sunday; Honda CR-V, Chevy Equinox lead April crossover boom; FCA worker killed.
April 23, 2015
The BTCC pack streams down the famous Craner Curves at Donington ParkShort circuit layouts add extra spice to the Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship by keeping the action too close for comfort People will be talking about the third race at last weekend's Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship event at Donington Park for quite some time to come.It was a race that had everything: a stand-out performance from newcomer Josh...