February 24, 2015
- Outgoing exec wants more-global focus in U.S.; what next Honda CEO brings; K900 LeBron edition?; Cadillac ad, Apple icon.
February 17, 2015
The Honda HR-V sits on a similar platform to the Jazz and CivicNew HR-V compact SUV to be seen in production-ready form at Geneva ahead of UK sales beginning this summer The Honda HR-V will go on sale in the UK this summer following its public debut at the Geneva motor show next month.Revealed in prototype form at the Paris motor show last year, the HR-V is based on a similar platform to the Civic hatchback and the Jazz supermini. Honda...
February 13, 2015
- 1st facelift in six years; Ram Laramie's new look; cyber safety on stickers?; Honda CEO resists ouster moves; USPS on hunt.
February 9, 2015
- Utility will be a main theme of the Chicago Auto Show. Among the global debuts: a freshened Acura RDX cross-over, a redesigned Honda Pilot crossover, a freshened Chevrolet Equinox crossover and the Ram's upmarket Limited trim for pickups.
- The five top-selling vehicle brands in the U.S. make for a stable bunch. It's Ford, Chevrolet, Toyota, Nissan and Honda -- the Fab Five. But in the bottom half of the top 10, there's a lot of volatility.
February 8, 2015
- Utility will be a main theme of the Chicago Auto Show this week. Among the global debuts: a freshened Acura RDX cross-over, a redesigned Honda Pilot crossover, a freshened Chevrolet Equinox crossover and Ram's upmarket Limited trim for pickups.
February 5, 2015
McLaren P1 GTRHot hatchbacks, supercars and SUVs galore - the Geneva motor show is shaping up to be the car event of the year. Here's our guide to what to expect The Geneva motor show takes place from 3rd to 15th March 2015. Autocar will be there to bring you the latest news, pictures and industry gossip from one of the most important events of the year.Traditionally a stomping ground for new European car launches, the Geneva motor show...
January 14, 2015
- Of all the concepts, facelifts and production models on display in Detroit, there were a few that stood out. Here's our pick of the best of the show A stunning new Ford GT, a stylish Honda NSX and Jaguar and Bentley's SUV names revealed… the Detroit motor show had it all. But of all the cars on display, some stood out more than others for the Autocar team…Ford GT - Mark TisshawWow. Just wow. What with most cars being revealed well in advance of the show, and those that aren’t leaking out online...
January 13, 2015
- See the latest pictures from the Detroit motor show, where big-name reveals from the likes of Mercedes-Benz, Ford, Honda, Audi and Infiniti have taken centre stage By the time the reporting hordes arrived in Detroit on Sunday to prepare for the opening of the Detroit show - or the North American International Auto Show (NAIAS), as they insist on calling it - the local press had long ago decided the theme of this year's event. It made both a nice change from the 'responsible' direction of recent...
January 12, 2015
- It's normal for publicity-hungry manufacturers to fully reveal their star cars ahead of motor shows, but today's Detroit show is different It’s rare to turn up to a motor show nowadays without knowing exactly what’s going to be there and having seen all the show stars in advance online.Not this year in Detroit; I almost need to go on to a second hand to count the unanswered questions ahead of the show. Here are the key questions I’ll be looking for the answers to in Detroit.1 – Just what is...
- Dealers featured this week include Bud Urquhart, dealer principal of U-J Chevrolet in Mobile, Ala.; Vic Bailey of Vic Bailey Honda in Spartanburg, S.C.; Reed Trickett, owner of Trickett Honda in Madison, Tenn.
January 10, 2015
- As a year of strong UK sales draws to a close, David Francis delivers his end-of-term report on who did what The UK market exceeded 2.4 million new cars in 2014, so demand is back where it was before the recession, according to the Society of Motor Manufacturing Traders. However, incomes are not, so how do we afford all these cars? Firstly, very few people buy cars nowadays — about 70 per cent of retail buyers use PCPs, which generally offer lower monthly costs than buying a three-year-old car....
January 9, 2015
- $70 million U.S. penalty for under-reporting injury, death claims; Subarus re-recalled; what Buick, Lincoln may reveal in Detroit.
January 3, 2015
December 26, 2014
- Our testers spent 2014 appraising all manner of new motors. Matt Saunders looks back at the highs and lows An all-new Mini – with five doors. A fifth-generation BMW M3 – with turbos. The rear-drive performance hero from BMW that was both cheaper than its bigger brother and more fun.The best-handling SUV the world has ever seen. The all-new Lamborghini that didn’t really handle and the ‘speciale’ Ferrari that did. The Porsche 911 killer from nearby Mercedes-AMG. This year had the lot.And yet...