May 23, 2015
- Ram, GMC, Chevy truck deals; May U.S. sales outlook; VW needs 'a bit of time' to replace Piech; Honda Pilot's takeoff; Mazda, Subaru get a break in Calif.; Drone view of Tesla 'Gigafactory.'
May 20, 2015
- The first model from British start-up Elemental will launch in 2016, offering competition for the likes of KTM, BAC and Vuhl. We meet the men behind the project It’s been nine months since we last caught up with the team behind Britain’s newest niche sports car, the Elemental RP1.Designed by a small group of engineers with experience at McLaren, Jeep, Porsche and numerous works BTCC teams, the RP1 is destined to rival high-performance, low-volume cars such as the BAC Mono, KTM X-Bow and Vuhl 05...
May 18, 2015
- As far as North American suppliers are concerned, Toyota and Honda are the gold standard, while Ford, Nissan, Fiat Chrysler and General Motors are also-rans.
May 16, 2015
- The Chevrolets and Hondas that millions of Americans drive have at least one thing in common with the high-revving, single-seat open-wheeled cars that will be zipping around the track during Sunday's running of the Indianapolis 500 - the engineers...
May 14, 2015
- U.S. puts 'talking car' efforts on faster track; Honda recalling more airbags; Some FCA plants to skip summer shutdown; GM tech-center investment; Buick's product-placement campaign.
May 13, 2015
- Honda is the latest automaker to enter the red-hot subcompact utility segment with the Fit-based HR-V. It competes with the Buick Encore, Jeep Renegade, Fiat 500X and Chevrolet Trax. Prices start at around $21,000.
May 5, 2015
- Ford replaces Chicago factory managers amid harassment suit, report says; debate over dealerships selling cars on Sunday; Honda CR-V, Chevy Equinox lead April crossover boom; FCA worker killed.
April 23, 2015
The BTCC pack streams down the famous Craner Curves at Donington ParkShort circuit layouts add extra spice to the Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship by keeping the action too close for comfort People will be talking about the third race at last weekend's Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship event at Donington Park for quite some time to come.It was a race that had everything: a stand-out performance from newcomer Josh...
April 21, 2015
April 20, 2015
- Electric range is 37 miles or more; Benz's X4-fighter?; Chinese company seeks U.S. dealers; helping Honda look ahead.
The race weekend was dominated by the Volkswagen CCs of Team BMR and Honda Yuasa Racing's new Civic Type-RRounds four to six of the Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship saw three former champions take victory Matt Neal has retained his lead at the top of this year's British Touring Car Championship, after taking victory in an action-packed third race at Donington Park yesterday. However, it was Team BMR who won two of the three...
April 17, 2015
Aston Martin CygnetWhen new, these compromised cars were regarded as letdowns. But they’re now cheap enough to be worth a look When launched, these cars were applauded as valuable additions to the manufacturer's portfolio. Soon after, however, they were consigned to the history books as failures. For those on the lookout for a bargain, however, these compromised cars could be worth looking at.1 - Aston Martin Cygnet (2011-2013)Eyebrows...
April 15, 2015
- Japanese manufacturers dominate a survey of Britain's most reliable cars. Honda has been named the most reliable used car manufacturer for the ninth consecutive year, according to research by What Car? and Warranty Direct. Suzuki and Toyota completed the top three places.Encouragingly for other manufacturers however, Chevrolet, Ford, Skoda, Peugeot and Fiat also forced their way into the top 10.The annual survey covers 38 manufacturers and analyses 50,000 live Warranty Direct policies on three...
April 14, 2015
- Jaguar F-Type piles on the holiday miles; we pick up our Ferrari FF and left wanting more from Gordon Murray's latest concept MONDAYBack to the Smoke after a fine week in Yorkshire putting 1200 miles under the wheels of our Jaguar F-Type R Coupé, which turns out to be quite a hard-edged car to take on holiday. The enormous performance makes it fun, but you can’t always find the road to give such a firmly sprung car a decent long run. And as I’ve said before, there’s too much road noise for...