June 2, 2014
- ASSOCIATE EDITOR GRAHAM KOZAK: You know you're getting horribly spoiled when you hop in a heavy duty pickup and, after glancing around the interior, think to yourself: and#8220;No sunroof? This is bullshit!and#8221;
May 27, 2014
- GM's new heavy-duty line of pickups is a significant update over its predecessor. While most changes were for the better, there are still some lingering issues that carry over from the previous generation. Photo: Mark Stevenson 10. The Good: They are “library quiet” Back in the day of barebones work trucks, it was hard to escape the loud diesel under the hood, noisy suspension, and every other auditory nightmare. However, with the new HD...
May 22, 2014
- Memorial Day weekend is one of the busiest times of the year for car dealers around the country, but the recent spate of recalls and stop-sale orders for GM vehicles will be putting the brakes on a lot of potential sales.
- GMC introduced the 2015 Sierra All Terrain HD on Thursday with limited changes ahead of an expected on-sale date sometime this summer. A 6.
May 21, 2014
- Waterton Lakes National Park, AB -- The heavy-duty pickups from General Motors are just the ticket for those who use their pickups to work, providing towing and payload capability on par with the F-250/350 and RAM 2500/3500. However, the Chevrolet Silverado also gives those blue-collar working folk a nice place to relax between job sites. To find out everything there is to know about General Motors' updated 2500 and 3500 series Silverado, they sent us to Alberta's Waterton Lakes...
May 20, 2014
- The auto industry's saddest running gag right now is arguably General Motors announcing yet another recall, except today we're talking about four separate U.S. recalls all at once, affecting 2.42 million vehicles. The number of units affected by these recalls in Canada has yet to be determined. First, 1,339,355 Buick Enclave, Chevrolet Traverse, GMC Acadia crossovers from the 2009-2014 model years, as well as Saturn Outlooks from 2009-2010 have front safety lap belt cables that can fatigue...
May 19, 2014
- As General Motors tries to revitalize the images of Chevrolet, Buick and Cadillac, executives might want to take a page from the playbook of their lowest-profile brand: GMC.
May 15, 2014
- The roof keeps falling on General Motors in the form of five new recalls that collectively affect 2.7 million vehicles in the U.S. and a yet-unspecified number in Canada. That pushes to 18 the list of recalls announced by GM so far this year, with a total of 11 million units affected. The first recall involves the 2004-2012 Chevrolet Malibu, 2004-2007 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx, 2005-2010 Pontiac G6, and 2007-2010 Saturn Aura (2.44 million units). Affected vehicles could have corrosion develop in...
May 8, 2014
- DIGITAL EDITOR ANDREW STOY: Few would argue this
April 18, 2014
- At an exhibit on the auto show floor here, I sat inside a Cadillac XTS sedan equipped with General Motors' new 4G LTE wireless connection. But I couldn't help but think: GM should have put the 4G demo unit in a Chevy Silverado or GMC Sierra pickup.
April 14, 2014
- Chef Andrew Zimmern has a great personal rule: he must try something twice. Much like judging a book by its cover, making up one's mind after one single sampling or based on a first impression is the best way to potentially miss out on some great life experiences. With the hype surrounding the arrival of the new GM pickups, I knew I needed to sample the offerings, and quickly. Sadly, my first encounter with the twin GMC Sierra left me scratching my head, wondering if I had missed something....
April 9, 2014
- Kelley Blue Book has announced the winners of its 2014 Brand Image Awards, and for the second year in a row, Honda is the best overall brand. Factors that helped determine the scores include affordability, "cool" factor, driving comfort, driving performance, durability/reliability, exterior styling, fuel efficiency, interior layout, prestige/sophistication, reputation, ruggedness, and safety. 2014 Brand Image Award Winners: Non-Luxury Brands Best overall brand: Honda Most trusted...
April 8, 2014
- Only the Chevrolet Equinox and GMC Terrain survived the challenging new small-overlap crash test for mid-sized SUVs from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety with a good rating.
April 7, 2014
- General Motors is recalling 51,115 Chevrolet and GMC pickup trucks from the 2014-2015 model years to address a powertrain issue. On certain vehicles equipped with a 6-speed automatic transmission, transmission cooler lines may not have been securely seated in their fittings at time of assembly. This could result in a transmission fluid leak in proximity to hot surfaces which could increase the risk of a fire. Dealers will inspect the connections and repair them as necessary. Affected models...
- As an avid reader of all things car on Auto123.com (we hope, and thank you if you are), you'll have noticed the large number of stories and reviews related to the compact CUV segment. The volume of noise on the subject inevitably leads to more interest and more cars for us to review. The 2014 Terrain is not new and as a GMC product, certainly not high-end. However, the SLT version -- one trim below the top-line Denali sub-brand in GM's professional grade line of trucks -- has much to offer...