January 9, 2013
- GM's long running Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra pick-ups get a complete makeover One of North America’s most iconic pick-up trucks, the Chevrolet Silverado, will be replaced by an all–new model at the Detroit motor show. The Silverado’s sister vehicle, the GMC Sierra (essentially the same truck with GMC detailing) will also be launched at Detroit.The Silverado, first launched in 1975, retains the classic full-size American pick-up styling of a wide, upright grille with a very deep front...
January 8, 2013
- GM's long running Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra pick-ups get a complete makeover One of North America’s most iconic pick-up trucks, the Chevrolet Silverado, will be replaced by an all–new model at the Detroit motor show.The Silverado, first launched in 1975, retains the classic full-size American pick-up styling of a wide, upright grille with a very deep front bumper, flared wheel arches and plenty of chrome. Underneath there’s a separate chassis, with leaf springs at the rear.Three new...
January 4, 2013
- General Motors is recalling 69,000 2013 full-size trucks and vans that could shift out of park and roll away.
January 3, 2013
- General Motors has issued a recall on 6,310 GMC, Chevrolet and Cadillac pickup trucks and SUVs from the 2013 model year (see table below) due to a fractured park lock cable or defective steering lock module that may have been installed at the assembly plant. This could allow the driver to shift out of PARK with the key in the OFF position or removed from the ignition. Also, the transmission may be shifted out of PARK without first depressing the brake pedal. In other cases, the key may be...
December 27, 2012
- Insiders have told Reuters that the Blue Oval will offer a preview of the 2015 Ford F-150 at the upcoming NAIAS in response to General Motors introducing the new 2014 Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra last week. Both trucks are scheduled to go on sale next summer, while Ford plans to release the next-gen F-150 in the fall of 2014. Look for the latter to keep focusing on fuel economy like the rest of Ford's lineup. Back in July, we reported that the automaker was considering dressing up the...
December 21, 2012
- Also in this episode: Hyundai Veloster, GMC Canyon and Chevy Colorado are hit by recalls, and Dan Akerson puts his '58 Corvette on the block for charity.
- Apparently, some Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon pickup trucks from the 2010-2012 model years could be missing a secondary hood latch. If the main hood latch is not engaged, the hood could open unexpectedly, contact the windshield and block the driver's field of vision, potentially leading to a collision. Therefore, GM Canada dealers will inspect and, if necessary, replace the hood on the 15,264 affected units. Source: Transports Canada...
December 20, 2012
- General Motors is recalling a group of 2010-2012 Chevy Colorado and
- General Motors is recalling 145,628 mid-sized pickup trucks globally as the hood could open unexpectedly due to a possible missing latch.
December 17, 2012
- General Motors' new pickups have plenty of cool extra features. I'm not talking about the big stuff. I give the Chevrolet and GMC pickup truck specialists the benefit of the doubt on the big stuff.
- A diesel engine for the light-duty Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra? How about an eight-speed transmission? Will General Motors bring back a hybrid for its pickups and SUVs?
December 14, 2012
- Also in this episode: Jaguar axes the C-X75 supercar, and the Autoweek Design Forum is coming up fast.
- Yesterday General Motors unveiled its new full-sized pickup trucks, the Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra.
December 13, 2012
- The 2014 Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra are GM's biggest product launch in decades. Wall Street analysts, dealers, automotive journalists and others weigh in on the latest trucks from GM.
- General Motors entered December with bloated inventories reminiscent of its prebankruptcy days-and its lowest market share in 90 years.