May 23, 2015
- Ram, GMC, Chevy truck deals; May U.S. sales outlook; VW needs 'a bit of time' to replace Piech; Honda Pilot's takeoff; Mazda, Subaru get a break in Calif.; Drone view of Tesla 'Gigafactory.'
May 13, 2015
- Dealerships should offer employees special pricing on FandI products, says Richard Wentz, FandI manager at Shields Automart (Buick-Cadillac-Chevrolet-GMC) in Paxton, Ill.
- GM is recalling about 469,000 2011-12 Chevrolet Malibus for a steel cable connected to the seat belt that can weaken and break, along with nearly 53,000 2015 Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon pickups for faulty seat frame attachment hooks.
May 5, 2015
- Recent spy photos signal that General Motors is freshening its Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra full-size, light-duty pickups, which have been panned for bland exterior styling.
April 25, 2015
- In the year since he took over the Buick and GMC brands in the U.S., Duncan Aldred has made a lot of fans among dealers.
April 24, 2015
- Captive finance company GM Financial had a giant increase in lease volume in the first quarter, as parent company GM switched to GM Financial as its exclusive preferred lender for Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet and GMC subsidized leases.
April 13, 2015
- Dealers featured this week include the Elhart family of Elhart GMC in Holland, Mich.; Gene Giacchino, co-owner of Honda Cars of Boston in Everett, Mass.; Mark Snethkamp, owner of Snethkamp Chrysler-Jeep-Dodge-Ram in Redford, Mich.
March 31, 2015
- GMC, riding a hot streak in sales of utility vehicles, introduced a face-lifted version of the midsize Terrain today ahead of its debut at this week's New York auto show.
- SUV gets new grille, fascia; Feds seek OK to stop sales for 'imminent hazard'; Magna interiors sale?
- The redesigned 2016 GMC Terrain and Terrain Denali were introduced today ahead of their public debut at the New York Auto Show. Pricing will be announced closer to their Canadian on-sale date in the fall of 2015.
March 18, 2015
- General Motors' dealers don't seem especially disturbed by the automaker's decision to scale back its powertrain warranty and free maintenance visits on Buick, Chevrolet and GMC vehicles.
March 16, 2015
- One dealer said "it really didn't work." An analyst called it a useful enticement to draw consumers to Chevrolet and GMC. Those were just some of the responses to General Motors' decision to scale back its generous powertrain warranties.
March 12, 2015
- General Motors plans to cut its powertrain warranty on Chevrolet and GMC vehicles for the 2016 model year, concluding that its standout offer of 100,000-mile coverage -- in place for nearly a decade -- wasn't a strong enough selling point.
March 9, 2015
- General Motors plans to roughly double its investment in GMC, which until now has largely flown under the radar despite being GM's No. 2 volume brand and a big money maker.
- You won't see GMC trucks clambering over rocks in new commercials that are part of the brand's broadest advertising campaign in 15 years,