March 31, 2015
- GMC, riding a hot streak in sales of utility vehicles, introduced a face-lifted version of the midsize Terrain today ahead of its debut at this week's New York auto show.
- SUV gets new grille, fascia; Feds seek OK to stop sales for 'imminent hazard'; Magna interiors sale?
- The redesigned 2016 GMC Terrain and Terrain Denali were introduced today ahead of their public debut at the New York Auto Show. Pricing will be announced closer to their Canadian on-sale date in the fall of 2015.
March 18, 2015
- General Motors' dealers don't seem especially disturbed by the automaker's decision to scale back its powertrain warranty and free maintenance visits on Buick, Chevrolet and GMC vehicles.
March 16, 2015
- One dealer said "it really didn't work." An analyst called it a useful enticement to draw consumers to Chevrolet and GMC. Those were just some of the responses to General Motors' decision to scale back its generous powertrain warranties.
March 12, 2015
- General Motors plans to cut its powertrain warranty on Chevrolet and GMC vehicles for the 2016 model year, concluding that its standout offer of 100,000-mile coverage -- in place for nearly a decade -- wasn't a strong enough selling point.
March 9, 2015
- General Motors plans to roughly double its investment in GMC, which until now has largely flown under the radar despite being GM's No. 2 volume brand and a big money maker.
- You won't see GMC trucks clambering over rocks in new commercials that are part of the brand's broadest advertising campaign in 15 years,
March 3, 2015
- General Motors plans to roughly double its total spending on its GMC truck brand over the next decade with the goal of boosting its U.S. market share by two-thirds, the brand's top executive said today.
- A focus on 'Precision'; Range Rover droptop; more Buffett buys?; Nissan goal: Overtake Honda; Nimoy as car pitchman.
February 13, 2015
- Carpenter Joel Tapper cleans-up the GMC Canyon midsize pickup display ahead of previews for the 2015 Chicago Auto Show at the city's McCormick Place.
February 7, 2015
- Sheri Hickok, 37, was assigned in December to oversee GM's most important vehicle program, the next-generation Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra.
February 6, 2015
- General Motors sold 8,147 Chevy Colorado and GMC Canyon midsize pickups last month. Is that good or bad? It depends whom you ask.
January 30, 2015
- General Motors' recent move to steer 100 percent of its Buick, Cadillac and GMC lease incentives in the US to captive finance company GM Financial took Ally Financial by surprise, Ally CEO Michael Carpenter said during a conference call today.
January 26, 2015
- GMC has announced that Canadian pricing for the new 2015 Sierra Elevation Edition starts at $35,565 for a 2WD model equipped with the standard 4.3L V6, and $39,500 for a 4.3L/4WD configuration (plus a $1,695 destination freight charge). Models with the available 5.3L V8 start at $36,540 for 2WD and $40,475 for 4WD.