May 22, 2015
- General Motors plans to invest $439 million in its Chevrolet Corvette plant in Kentucky as part of the automaker's plan to spend $5.4 billion on U.S. factory upgrades.
May 18, 2015
- New Camaro is lighter and more powerful than ever before and has set its sights firmly on the new Ford Mustang The all-new, 2016 Chevrolet Camaro, which makes a shift from the aging Holden-sourced Zeta platform to the Alpha structure that underpins Cadillac’s ATS and CTS saloons. The result is that this sixth-generation Camaro is not only markedly more modern but also smaller and lighter.On the outside its proportions are unmistakably Camaro, but the design of Chevy’s pony car is more modern...
May 16, 2015
- Sixth-generation Chevrolet Camaro will take on the Ford Mustang in Europe when it arrives in early 2016 Chevrolet has revealed its rival to the new Ford Mustang in the shape of the 2016 Camaro.The sixth-generation model measures 57mm shorter, 20mm narrower and 28mm lower than the outgoing fifth-generation car.The new Camaro is based on GM’s Alpha platform, with more than 60kg saved from the car’s structure compared to the previous car. The Camaro’s kerb weight has also been reduced by 90kg, a...
April 29, 2015
- Because the C7 Stingray wasn’t enough on its own, Chevy has introduced a version of the Vette that pays homage Corvette Racing C7.R racecars.
February 13, 2015
- Journeyman electricians Cesar Garcia, left, and Kevin Mattson prepare a Chevrolet Corvette Stingray for display Wednesday, Feb. 11, 2015, ahead of media previews at the Chicago Auto Show.
January 28, 2015
- The highest performing Chevrolet that isn't a Camaro or Corvette is the little-known, low-volume SS, a rear-wheel-drive sedan imported from Australia. This is a new version of the platform that underpinned the Pontiac G8.
January 26, 2015
- Chevrolet dealer and NASCAR team owner Rick Hendrick paid $800,000 USD for the first new retail production Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Convertible at the Barrett-Jackson auction in Scottsdale, Arizona, on January 16th.
January 9, 2015
- The brutal Z06 offers more performance than cars costing considerably more, but its refinement leaves a bit to be desired The new 650bhp Chevrolet Corvette Z06 is a classic case of giving the customer what they want. As well as being the most powerful model in the iconic American sports car's long history, it is also a direct reflection of existing Z06 customers' demands for more variations, according to Corvette chief engineer Tadge Juechter. In addition to the Z06 hard-top,...
January 5, 2015
- New performance Cadillac will go on sale in the US next summer, as the firm looks to trump its German competition Cadillac is aiming to trump its German rivals with the launch of the new CTS-V, the most powerful car ever made by the firm. With a total power output of 640bhp, the new CTS-V soundly beats the BMW M5 and its 600bhp in its most powerful form and the 585bhp Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG. The new model will make its debut at the Detroit motor show next month, and Cadillac has now released new...
January 3, 2015
December 26, 2014
- We’ll have our cake and eat it, please. Here’s our recipe for the perfect car of 2014 The Autocar road tester is, by his or her nature, a demanding and dissatisfied sort.We're the lucky ones, given the access to the most desired metal in the world, and the conditions in which to judge them. What could be better? Well, even in a year that's given us the P1, 918, i8, Golf R, Speciale, Wraith and more, it's not enough: we want more. We want perfection.Specifically, we want the finest traits and...
- Our testers spent 2014 appraising all manner of new motors. Matt Saunders looks back at the highs and lows An all-new Mini – with five doors. A fifth-generation BMW M3 – with turbos. The rear-drive performance hero from BMW that was both cheaper than its bigger brother and more fun.The best-handling SUV the world has ever seen. The all-new Lamborghini that didn’t really handle and the ‘speciale’ Ferrari that did. The Porsche 911 killer from nearby Mercedes-AMG. This year had the lot.And yet...
December 23, 2014
- From testing three of the biggest and best hypercars in recent memory to tackling a WRC stage and getting Gymkhana tips from Ken Block - 2014 has been a big year for video on Autocar This year has seen the launch of many exciting new cars, and Autocar's videos have captured the best and most powerful on camera for your enjoyment.Here's a round-up of some of the most popular videos of 2014.1 - McLaren P1 versus Porsche 918 Spyder and Ducati 1199 SuperleggeraIt's a showdown between two of the...
December 22, 2014
- New performance Cadillac will go on sale in the US next summer, as the firm looks to trump its German competition Cadillac is aiming to trump its German rivals with the launch of the new CTS-V, the most powerful car ever made by the firm.With a total power output of 640bhp, the new CTS-V soundly beats the BMW M5 and its 600bhp in its most powerful form and the 585bhp Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG. The new model will make its debut at the Detroit motor show next month.Power comes from a supercharged 6.2...
December 17, 2014
- Subtle design elements of the Corvette will be recognizable in many of Chevrolet's upcoming cars.