February 13, 2015
- Journeyman electricians Cesar Garcia, left, and Kevin Mattson prepare a Chevrolet Corvette Stingray for display Wednesday, Feb. 11, 2015, ahead of media previews at the Chicago Auto Show.
January 28, 2015
- The highest performing Chevrolet that isn't a Camaro or Corvette is the little-known, low-volume SS, a rear-wheel-drive sedan imported from Australia. This is a new version of the platform that underpinned the Pontiac G8.
January 26, 2015
- Chevrolet dealer and NASCAR team owner Rick Hendrick paid $800,000 USD for the first new retail production Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Convertible at the Barrett-Jackson auction in Scottsdale, Arizona, on January 16th.
January 9, 2015
- The brutal Z06 offers more performance than cars costing considerably more, but its refinement leaves a bit to be desired The new 650bhp Chevrolet Corvette Z06 is a classic case of giving the customer what they want. As well as being the most powerful model in the iconic American sports car's long history, it is also a direct reflection of existing Z06 customers' demands for more variations, according to Corvette chief engineer Tadge Juechter. In addition to the Z06 hard-top,...
January 5, 2015
- New performance Cadillac will go on sale in the US next summer, as the firm looks to trump its German competition Cadillac is aiming to trump its German rivals with the launch of the new CTS-V, the most powerful car ever made by the firm. With a total power output of 640bhp, the new CTS-V soundly beats the BMW M5 and its 600bhp in its most powerful form and the 585bhp Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG. The new model will make its debut at the Detroit motor show next month, and Cadillac has now released new...
January 3, 2015
December 26, 2014
- We’ll have our cake and eat it, please. Here’s our recipe for the perfect car of 2014 The Autocar road tester is, by his or her nature, a demanding and dissatisfied sort.We're the lucky ones, given the access to the most desired metal in the world, and the conditions in which to judge them. What could be better? Well, even in a year that's given us the P1, 918, i8, Golf R, Speciale, Wraith and more, it's not enough: we want more. We want perfection.Specifically, we want the finest traits and...
- Our testers spent 2014 appraising all manner of new motors. Matt Saunders looks back at the highs and lows An all-new Mini – with five doors. A fifth-generation BMW M3 – with turbos. The rear-drive performance hero from BMW that was both cheaper than its bigger brother and more fun.The best-handling SUV the world has ever seen. The all-new Lamborghini that didn’t really handle and the ‘speciale’ Ferrari that did. The Porsche 911 killer from nearby Mercedes-AMG. This year had the lot.And yet...
December 23, 2014
- From testing three of the biggest and best hypercars in recent memory to tackling a WRC stage and getting Gymkhana tips from Ken Block - 2014 has been a big year for video on Autocar This year has seen the launch of many exciting new cars, and Autocar's videos have captured the best and most powerful on camera for your enjoyment.Here's a round-up of some of the most popular videos of 2014.1 - McLaren P1 versus Porsche 918 Spyder and Ducati 1199 SuperleggeraIt's a showdown between two of the...
December 22, 2014
- New performance Cadillac will go on sale in the US next summer, as the firm looks to trump its German competition Cadillac is aiming to trump its German rivals with the launch of the new CTS-V, the most powerful car ever made by the firm.With a total power output of 640bhp, the new CTS-V soundly beats the BMW M5 and its 600bhp in its most powerful form and the 585bhp Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG. The new model will make its debut at the Detroit motor show next month.Power comes from a supercharged 6.2...
December 17, 2014
- Subtle design elements of the Corvette will be recognizable in many of Chevrolet's upcoming cars.
December 16, 2014
- Company also limiting auto shows; Chevy adds Corvette touches to lineup; defending Hyundai's U.S. share; compact-CUV craze.
December 15, 2014
- Subtle design elements of the Corvette will be recognizable in many of Chevrolet's upcoming cars
November 20, 2014
- Classic concept cars, production-ready models and a hydrogen-filled future. Here are our star cars from the LA motor show 2014 The LA motor show has given us a glimpse of the future - whether it be in the rise of hydrogen fuell cell-powered cars like Toyota's Mirai, through new production models including Mazda's CX-3 or Jaguar's AWD F-type, or further afield with Audi's Prologue.While the show halls are packed with new metal, here are our expert's picks of the best cars on display at the LA...
November 6, 2014
- Some of the more offbeat highlights form the world's largest aftermarket show in Las Vegas SEMA is a motor show where anything goes, and the madcap creations get as many headlines as the latest manufacturer products.The 2014 SEMA show didn’t disappoint in displaying the wacky, wonderful and sometimes weird cars and components.Most eye-catching was a Chevrolet Camaro modified to run on 34inch alloy wheels, something the firm who created it, Starr, proudly claimed as a world first. Other...