July 13, 2014
- On his first official visit to the UK, the new GM boss tells us about recalls, a home market recovery and an industry resurgence in Europe New president of GM Dan Ammann has a profile that is unusual, in that he’s a 42-year-old New Zealander, former banker and management consultant, claimed by his PR men to be quite handy behind the wheel.My previous experience of bankers and industry cheeses tells me some would be hard pressed even to recognise a steering wheel, so I couldn’t help wondering if...
July 8, 2014
- Manchester United--a soccer team, we think--and Nike unveiled new jerseys sporting a $560 million
- Chevrolet's spot announcing its 72 hour sale last week went viral, coming in at No. 1 on our auto brand viral video chart with 1,469,311 views.
- General Motors turned one of the most hotly debated sports sponsorship deals of recent years into an advertising reality today by launching a video that celebrates the Chevrolet's "Bowtie" logo succeeding AON as Manchester United's match-shirt...
July 2, 2014
- For some strange reason, I did not want to fall for the Corvette. Like all car enthusiasts, I've always been a fan of America's supercar. In fact, I recall getting a book on the history of the car for my 10th birthday. Somehow, over the years, I developed an affinity for more refined motoring and left raw unruly cars by the wayside. I tried to resist... The Chevy Corvette is these latter things, and raw and unruly be damned, I fell in love with the velocity yellow Wolverine. Actually, it...
- GM remains relatively unscathed in the showroom from its unprecedented recall crisis, as sales rose 1 percent last month to the company's strongest June in seven years.
June 26, 2014
- Ram has taken the wraps off the ProMaster City, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles'answer to the
- GM told U.S. and Canadian dealers to halt delivery of some 2013-14 Chevrolet Cruze sedans because of a potential problem with an airbag supplied by Takata, hampering sales of the company's top-selling car amid an end-of-the-month sales push.
June 23, 2014
- DIGITAL EDITOR ANDREW STOY: Much like its crosstown rival, the Chevy Camaro really offers two distinct types of performance cars in one body shell.
June 20, 2014
- and#8220;Transformers,and#8221; the movie franchise dedicated to explosions, cars and incoherent plots, has yet another movie coming to theaters in a little more than a week.
June 18, 2014
- The midsized pickup truck segment is growing again, and General Motors revealed output and towing information for the upcoming Chevy Colorado and
June 16, 2014
- Given the success of the limited-edition Chevrolet Camaro Z/28, there is a chance that the company decides to make it a regular nameplate within the lineup. Chevrolet easily sold the 450 copies of the 2014 Camaro Z/28 ($75,000 USD including shipping and gas-guzzler tax). Meanwhile, sales of the 2015 model are projected at 2,500-3,500 units. With the launch of the all-new 2015 Ford Mustang, such a move by Chevrolet would make a whole lot of sense. The Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 uses a 505-...
- EDITOR WES RAYNAL: Anybody who knows me knows I love Chevy Suburbans. Always have.
June 12, 2014
June 10, 2014
- When Mike King was 8 years old, the story goes, he promised his father that when the latter turned 57 years old, Mike would buy him the most quintessentially American of icons: the 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air.