September 26, 2014
- Cadillac this week confirmed plans that it will move its headquarters to New York next year. Like Lincoln, its decision to be in one of the country's top luxury markets was tied to remaking the luxury marque's image.
- Cadillac aims to take on the best of Germany with its new ATS coupé, but despite being a satisfying driver it's likely to be a rare sight on UK roads A coupé version of Cadillac’s premium executive ATS saloon, launched in the US in 2012 to challenge the BMW 3-series, Mercedes-Benz C-class and Audi A4. Cadillac’s challenging the best of Germany might sound laughable when you recall the wheeled shortfall that was the Saab 9-3-based BLS. This sorry reskin was the brand’s last serious effort...
September 25, 2014
- Remember that new prestige model set to join the Cadillac lineup in 2015? We now know what it will be called: CT6. While it doesn't sound particularly exciting, the name indicates a coming shift to a simplified naming convention for future Cadillac models. Familiar lettering like “CT” will be used for car models, with the number indicating the relative size and position of the cars in the hierarchy of Cadillac models. “As we expand the portfolio, we can assist consumers in...
September 24, 2014
- Cadillac will name its new, lineup-topping sedan the CT6, marking the start of a top-to-bottom overhaul of the luxury brand's nomenclature.
September 23, 2014
- General Motors today confirmed plans to move its Cadillac brand headquarters to New York next year in a move to remake the luxury marque's image and broaden its appeal outside North America.
- Four new recalls by GM Canada have been added to the growing list of 2014. The first of these affects 2,868 Chevrolet Caprice models from 2011 and Pontiac G8 models from 2008-2009. There is a risk that some drivers may bump the ignition key with their knee and unintentionally move the key from out of the "run" position. If this were to occur, engine power, power braking and power steering would be affected, which would unexpectedly increase steering and brake pedal effort, potentially...
- Cadillac named Jim Bunnell as its new sales chief in the United States today as the brand looks to improve sluggish volume and implement a fresh approach under new global boss Johan de Nysschen.
- Honda, GM suspending dealers for violating CPO standards; Cadillac names U.S. sales chief; Paris auto show peek.
September 22, 2014
- New Cadillac chief Johan de Nysschen confirmed to Automotive News last week that Cadillac is considering relocating some functions to New York.
- Johan de Nysschen believes the people who work at Cadillac can't just make cars to rival BMW and Mercedes -- they need to think like those juggernaut brands, too.
September 21, 2014
- General Motors is recalling some Cadillac and Impala cars while Chrysler Group called back some Jeep and Dodge SUVs, according to government reports.
September 20, 2014
- General Motors said today that it will build a new "top-end, high-technology" Cadillac at its Detroit-Hamtramck assembly plant starting in the fourth quarter of next year.
- Cadillac has just announced a new, top-end, high-technology vehicle that will rank above the current XTS, with the goal of “lifting the Cadillac range by entering the elite class of top-level luxury cars,” said Cadillac President Johan de Nysschen. Production is expected to start in the fourth quarter of 2015 at the Detroit-Hamtramck assembly plant. The official name of the vehicle will be unveiled shortly, Cadillac promised. Autoblog reported a few weeks ago that we could see...
- The Wall Street Journal reports that many automakers are now using super adhesives instead of welds, rivets, bolts and screws during vehicle assembly. This will make cars about 4.5kg lighter in the near future. Similar to airplanes, phones and countless other items, the 2015 Ford F-150, Chevrolet Corvette and some BMW models rely on glue to hold a number of parts together, even with different materials such as aluminum with carbon fibre or steel, for example. The Cadillac CTS and ATS sedans...
September 15, 2014
- Cadillac has no plans to back off its sharply higher sticker prices or sweeten incentives to improve slumping U.S. sales, new brand chief Johan de Nysschen said.