July 31, 2015
- Hot Cadillac CTS gets Corvette Z06's 640bhp supercharged 6.2-litre V8; is it a recipe for success or disaster? Not that many years ago, the brand synonymous with American luxury automobiles broke with tradition to go head to head with Mercedes-AMG and BMW's M division. Today, virtually all premium brands offer powerful and stiffly suspended variants of their normally sedate saloons, but today Cadillac is no longer the newcomer to this battle.Following two previous generations of surprisingly...
July 30, 2015
- General Motors is recalling 82,620 Cadillac ATS sedans and issuing a stop sale on the vehicle for issues with the power sunroof. GM already had recalled 67,000 ATS sedans in February for the same issue.
July 23, 2015
- American luxury icon planning to offer a full range of cars in the UK, including diesel and right-hand drive models. Cadillac is set to offer a full model line-up in Europe, according to GM president Dan Ammann, including “diesel and right-hand drive”.Ammann said Cadillac is mulling over a new approach to its European business that will attempt to take advantage of the fact that it is a niche brand by offering “exceptional service”.Ammann also confirmed that the rumoured new flagship model is...
July 21, 2015
- GM is introducing two high-performance V-Series Cadillac nameplates in Japan that outspoken presidential hopeful Donald Trump famously blasted as closed to Detroit automakers.
- High-performance Cadillacs hit Japan; Boost for Buick Encore; New F-150 Limited; NHTSA, FCA to settle?; Industry vet joins Apple; Small-town twist on spiffs.
July 20, 2015
- The new entries aim to position Cadillac for more head-to-head competition against German luxury brands.
- XTS production is scheduled to last until at least 2018 and possibly 2019 before being phased out, according to three people familiar with General Motors' plans.
June 30, 2015
- Judge dismisses shareholder suit over GM recall; Suzuki's heir apparent; Cadillac XT5 early peek; Ex-Ford president Philip Benton Jr. dies; Snyder: Solid 1st half for U.S. auto sales.
June 29, 2015
- Cadillac's new XT5 -- the replacement for the SRX midsize crossover -- will get a bolder front end but keep many of the same proportions of its predecessor, based on recent spy photographs.
- The stars heading up the hill at Goodwood tend to be racing drivers, pop stars and celebrity chefs - we take a ride with one of GM's top bosses The president of General Motors is standing in race overalls, occasionally answering intrigued Festival-goers about the very yellow Chevrolet Corvette Z06 coupe he’s standing beside.None of them appears to know who he is, but he can answer all questions about this 641bhp supercharged beast. Ammann is GM’s number two, reporting to CEO Mary Barra, and he’...
June 15, 2015
- Prestige Automotive Group LLC plans to break ground Wednesday on an $8 million Cadillac dealership on 4.6 acres near General Motors' Tech Center in Warren, Mich.
June 14, 2015
- Building on the success of its in-house Cadillac Wines shop, Frank Kent Cadillac opened a downtown wine bar that also serves as a satellite service lane.
June 9, 2015
- When it returns for the first time since 1991, the Jeep Grand Wagoneer will be a unibody vehicle, and not a body-on-frame, truck-based SUV like the Chevrolet Suburban or Cadillac Escalade.
June 8, 2015
- New BMW M5 fighter will be driven in public for the first time with a 467bhp 5.0-litre V8 engine The Lexus GS F will make its dynamic debut at the Goodwood Festival of Speed this month.The BMW M5-rivalling super-saloon will be driven up the hill by by Mike Conway from Toyota Gazoo Racing.Other Lexus models on show at Goodwood will include the LFA and the RC F GT3 competition car.Seen officially for the first time in Detroit, the new Lexus GS F uses a normally aspirated 5.0-litre V8 engine with...
June 5, 2015
- GM reported a second consecutive month of sales declines in China, its largest market, despite cutting prices on 40 models across its Buick, Chevrolet and Cadillac brands.