May 16, 2013
- Lexus really needed a new IS. Its entry level sport/luxury sedan was treading water, sure, but with a new BMW 3-Series and Cadillac ATS, outlier competitors like the Volvo S60 and Buick Regal, and newer, freshly facelifted models from Mercedes-Benz and Audi, it’s pretty clear that the sharks have been circling.
April 26, 2013
- Today on the streets of the Upper West Side of Manhattan I was startled by the rare appearance of this Buick Lacrosse test mule.Read more...
April 19, 2013
- We’ll spare you all the clichés about how important China is to the auto industry and just say this: auto shows are a big deal in the Orient. Case in point is the number of concepts debuting at this year’s Shanghai auto show. There will be near-production concepts, like the BMW X4, but there should also be no shortage of pie-in-the-sky deals, like the new Riviera Concept.
- Buick might have a reputation as a car for old men here in America, but in China, Buick is the bee's knees. Everyone wants one. Today at the Shanghai Auto Show, they introduced the Riviera Design Study, a hot coupe that they'll never build.Read more...
April 15, 2013
- The Buick LaCrosse came under fire when it was introduced because the name was slang for masturbation in Canada. But does that make it a bad car?Read more...
April 4, 2013
- What niche would you say the Buick Enclave fits in? Nope, you're wrong. It's a fullsize luxury crossover utility vehicle. Duh.Read more...
April 3, 2013
- As I understand it, the "steering wheel" is a necessary component in making a car change direction. If the "steering wheel" becomes detached, then the car can no longer turn. Sounds like a minor issue, but Buick is recalling 144 Encores because they see a "steering wheel" falling off as a major problem.Read more...
April 2, 2013
- GM had an awesome March with a 38% sales gain from Cadillac and a 28% gain from Buick. Chevy and GMC were also up 4.8% and 14.2%. Overall, GM sales were up 9.3% compared to March 2012. Great month for the Big Three.Read more...
March 27, 2013
- The refreshed 2014 Buick Regal made its debut in New York last night, and GM chose to show it off among several edgier, less-China-friendly older Buicks. One of those things does not look like the other things.Read more...
March 26, 2013
- Fitting for a car loved in China, Buick redistributes Regal's HP wealth: GS loses 11, Turbo gets 39, so both now have 259. And AWD! The addition of the Haldex AWD system is a very nice change especially for the GS, which was known for its shoulder-hating torque steer.Read more...
December 23, 2012
- Oh, classic car ads. You're amazing because you give us a glimpse into another time and place, ones that were filled with massive American land-boats, bad jingles, awkward testimonials, and occasionally, lasers. More »
December 18, 2012
- This month, we get inside the new Buick Encore, which seems to be playing its own game. Will that make it a winner? Plus, we pack a bunch of other automotive content in this issue.
December 15, 2012
- When an automaker announces a more powerful version of one of its vehicles, it usually makes us quite happy. Generally (but certainly not always), more power means more fun. So it was with some joy that we greeted the news of Buick’s new turbocharged Verano. With a 2.0-liter, turbocharged four-pot under its handsome, portholed hood, it packs 250 horsepower and 260 pound-feet of torque.
December 10, 2012
- The 2013 Buick Encore is unlike anything the GM subsidiary has produced before. It’s tiny. Really tiny. It’s so tiny that you need to see it in person to appreciate the size of its footprint. Since it won’t be on sale for some time, this is the best we can say: its 100.6-inch wheelbase is shorter than a Mini Countryman (102.2 inches).
November 18, 2012
- In honor of Formula One's return to the United States, the race's drivers will make their parade lap on steely American chariots glistening in the cool Austin sun. Vettel will take the pole in a 1962 Chevy Corvette with his teammate Mark Webber in a 1971 Buick GS400. More »