August 29, 2014
- It's a good week for the town of Spring Hill, TN, as General Motors has announced that its factory in the city of 31,000 will receive a $185 million contract to produce engines. On top of that, the next-generation Cadillac SRX crossover will be built at the factory (NA models are presently built in Ramos, Arizpe Mexico), which was once famous for being the home of GM's now-defunct Saturn brand. The factory is one of GM's six facilities around the globe that will screw together the company's...
August 28, 2014
- Cadillac is moving SRX production from Ramos Arzipe, Mexico, to Spring Hill, Tennessee for 2016
- Cadillac is set to introduce an all-new SRX for the 2016 model year, and production of the vehicle has been confirmed for General Motors Company’s [NYSE:GM] Spring Hill plant in Tennessee. The current SRX is sourced from a plant in Mexico. GM is in the process of upgrading the former Saturn plant, which in addition to the new SRX will also...
August 27, 2014
- The Cadillac SRX will be made in America as General Motors plans to shift production. The American automaker will move the SRX production from a plant in Mexico to its facility in Spring Hill, Tennessee, which used to be a former Saturn plant. The shift in production location will include a $185 million investment and... more
- GM moving SUV from Mexico to Tenn., adding small-engine output; warm August for sales; spiders spark Suzuki recall..
- GM will shift production of the Cadillac SRX crossover from a facility in Mexico to the former Saturn plant in Spring Hill, Tennessee. The move will bring $185 million in investment and 390 jobs to the plant. In addition to the SRX, another unnamed “midsize" vehicle and a new series of small-displacement Ecotec engines will be […] The post GM Moving Cadillac SRX Production To Tennessee appeared first on The Truth About Cars.
August 24, 2014
- The SRX has lost its edge as competitors introduced new models. Its fuel economy trails the leaders by several miles per gallon, and its features and styling are growing dated.
August 19, 2014
- Cadillac has a busy two years ahead, after reeling off hits like the 2013 ATS sedan, 2014 CTS sedan, and the 2015 Escalade SUV. Though it's hit a stall in sales growth this year, and has stumbled with the launch of the Volt-derived ELR extended-range electric vehicle, Cadillac is on course to launch four new vehicles by the end of 2015, while it...
- Cadillac will introduce a redesigned SRX next year, along with a flagship, rear-wheel-drive sedan based on the Elmiraj concept
August 18, 2014
- Despite having a bevy of highly regarded products, Cadillac sales are currently slumping, a trend the brand intends to combat with new vehicles that are coming in 2015. The best-selling SRX crossover will get a full make over next year and an all-new rear-wheel drive flagship, likely called the LTS, will be revealed. Both are... more