January 24, 2015
- General Motors is cutting production of its Chevrolet Sonic and Buick Verano small cars amid higher-than-normal inventories, a sign that low gasoline prices could be weakening the sales outlook for small cars.
January 23, 2015
- Low gas prices could be negatively afecting small car sales.
January 10, 2015
- TTAC was the first to report on a new 200-mile EV being developed by GM, based on the Chevrolet Sonic. This low volume model, said to be a compliance car, is getting closer to reality, with the Wall Street Journal reporting that a concept version will debut at Monday’s Detroit Auto Show – though according to […] The post New 200-Mile Chevrolet Bolt CUV To Debut At NAIAS appeared first on The Truth About Cars.
December 6, 2014
- Motor Trend signals the end of SEMA 2014 with a bang.
December 1, 2014
- The AutoGuide.com staff will be rolling in luxury this week with three distinct high-class SUVs. Read what else we’re testing and why in this edition of “AutoGuide Now.” 2015 Chevrolet Trax: Mike Schlee, Road Test Editor: Mike is off to San Diego to test out the new Chevrolet Trax subcompact crossover. Based on the Sonic,... The post AutoGuide Now For The Week of December 1 appeared first on AutoGuide.com News.
November 12, 2014
- General Motors is laying off about 510 workers from two factories beginning in January, and it could be months before the automaker needs some of that latent capacity to come back on line. A combination of poor sales and high dealer inventories are prompting the cutbacks, according to Automotive News. The largest changes come at GM's Lansing Grand River plant, where the Cadillac ATS and CTS are made. An entire shift of about 350 workers is being laid off, but the automaker hopes to find...
- General Motors is laying off 160 workers and trimming production at the assembly plant where it makes the Chevrolet Sonic and Buick Verano amid weaker-than-expected demand for the small cars.
November 10, 2014
- Crazy Diamond Performance will soon offer compressed natural gas conversions for the Chevrolet Cruze and Sonic, offering some amazing efficiency.
November 7, 2014
- One is fitted for accessories to lend some flash, and one is upgraded to be gone in a flash; Chevrolet presents the yin and yang of Sonic concepts.
November 4, 2014
- Amongst the treasure trove of tuning that Chevrolet has brought to SEMA this year, this pair of Sonic hatches is perhaps the most accessible. With one car tweaked for show and the other go, both halves of the SEMA ethos are nicely represented. The Sonic Performance Concept has been fitted with the company's Performance Stage Kit, meaning cold-air induction for the 1.4-liter turbocharged engine and a new exhaust to let it breath more freely. The company tells us that the kit increases power,...