August 20, 2014
- Four special-edition vehicles for the South African market - 1,000 will be built in total.
August 18, 2014
- Last month, TTAC broke the news that GM was working on an American-made EV based on the Chevrolet Sonic, and that such a car would be a “compliance car", used to meet certain regulatory mandates. Now, we have more information on the Sonic EV, including an idea of just how low-volume it will be. John Voelcker […] The post Chevrolet’s Sonic EV Will Be An Ultra-Low Volume Compliance Car appeared first on The Truth About Cars.
August 12, 2014
- The 2015 Chevy Sonic sedan and hatchback are cute, fun to drive, extremely good on gas, priced to sell, and full of features younger buyers covet (like built-in Wi-Fi). Cool colors and a very high-end looking interior should help seal the deal.
August 11, 2014
- KBB liked the Sonic's affordability and practicality.
August 8, 2014
- The Chevrolet Sonic, the only subcompact car made in America, is again one of the 10 Best Back-to-School Cars of 2014 chosen by Kelley Blue Book’s KBB.com.
July 30, 2014
- I'm well aware there are cars out there for everyone. From sub-$10k microcars to million-dollar supercars and everything in between, there is a car for every budget and every need. Why else would there be so many different cars in such a variety of price ranges on the road today? I am also well aware that Chevrolet was eager to join the microcar (or mini car) segment in North America, and so after a gentle opening of the idea with the Sonic, they launched the nifty little Spark. With room...
July 25, 2014
- Chevrolet is preparing to add another electric vehicle to its lineup. According to The Truth About Cars, Chevy is working on an all-electric Sonic with 200 miles of range that will arrive sometime in 2016. The new model will be built in Michigan and will likely utilize a new battery that LG Chem is currently developing.... more
July 24, 2014
- GM is building an EV. That's a given. And when former CEO Dan Akerson said the automaker assembled a team to investigate how Tesla could upend the auto industry , there was an assumption that GM's next full-fledged EV would compete with Tesla's volume sedan, the Model 3. Now comes word that it's a Sonic EV. Read more...
- The upcoming pure electric vehicle being discussed in the wake of the Opel Ampera’s demise will also be sold in the United States, in the form of a Chevrolet Sonic. The Sonic-based EV will reportedly have a 200 mile range, which will presumably come from the new battery that LG Chem (battery supplier for the Volt) […]
July 23, 2014
- Competes with: Nissan Versa, Ford Fiesta, Chevrolet Sonic, Honda Fit Looks like: The 2012-2014 Yaris got some Darth Vader treatment Drivetrain: 106-hp, 1.5-liter four-cylinder with five-speed manual or four-speed automatic transmission; front-wheel drive Hits dealerships: Aug. 3 Toyota calls the...