November 12, 2014
- General Motors is laying off about 510 workers from two factories beginning in January, and it could be months before the automaker needs some of that latent capacity to come back on line. A combination of poor sales and high dealer inventories are prompting the cutbacks, according to Automotive News. The largest changes come at GM's Lansing Grand River plant, where the Cadillac ATS and CTS are made. An entire shift of about 350 workers is being laid off, but the automaker hopes to find...
- General Motors is laying off 160 workers and trimming production at the assembly plant where it makes the Chevrolet Sonic and Buick Verano amid weaker-than-expected demand for the small cars.
November 10, 2014
- Crazy Diamond Performance will soon offer compressed natural gas conversions for the Chevrolet Cruze and Sonic, offering some amazing efficiency.
November 7, 2014
- One is fitted for accessories to lend some flash, and one is upgraded to be gone in a flash; Chevrolet presents the yin and yang of Sonic concepts.
November 4, 2014
- Amongst the treasure trove of tuning that Chevrolet has brought to SEMA this year, this pair of Sonic hatches is perhaps the most accessible. With one car tweaked for show and the other go, both halves of the SEMA ethos are nicely represented. The Sonic Performance Concept has been fitted with the company's Performance Stage Kit, meaning cold-air induction for the 1.4-liter turbocharged engine and a new exhaust to let it breath more freely. The company tells us that the kit increases power,...
- Carmichael and Chevy also collaborated on a Sonic for last year's SEMA show.
November 3, 2014
- With a name like Carmichael, you'd figure Ricky over here would be into cars. The championship motocross rider is actually more into two-wheeled vehicles than four, but that doesn't mean he can't show some enthusiasm for the automobile. Last year he worked with Chevy on a special Sonic concept for the SEMA show in Las Vegas, and now they've rekindled the partnership for the special truck you see here. Called the Colorado Performance Concept, the show truck was made to demonstrate "the...
October 21, 2014
- Competent and fun-to-drive, the Sonic is a capable, if unspectacular, small car for those on a budget
October 19, 2014
- Chevrolet has a seriously packed booth ready for this year's SEMA show. Not only does the company already have the Camaro SS Special Edition, Silverado Toughnology and Colorado Sport, but it is now announcing five more concepts to be on display. Among this quintet of concepts is the Chevy SS Sport that wears some Australian inspiration. Sure, it has the grille kit, fog light bezels and rear spoiler out of the Chevrolet Accessories catalog, but the 20-inch wheels, floor mats and cargo tray all...
October 17, 2014
- The last few SEMA shows have seen a lot of Sonics. Like, a lot. For the 2014 affair, Chevy has prepped a pair of the wee cars to showcase the latest Chevrolet Performance and Chevrolet Accessories gear. Chevrolet Sonic Performance Concept Swathed in a coat of Chevy’s unmistakable Synergy Green paint...