June 18, 2013
- ASSOCIATE EDITOR GRAHAM KOZAK: I honestly didn't expect to get much out of the
June 17, 2013
- Not a week goes by without news emerging of yet another car destined to appear in the upcoming Transformers 4 movie. The latest is a Chevrolet Sonic RS rally car, a photo of which was posted online by the movie’s director Michael Bay and described as the “ultimate Sonic RS" and “just pure fun.” It’s not clear which...
June 16, 2013
- Michael Bay has announced yet another vehicle that will star in next summer’s Transformers 4, a Chevrolet Sonic RS Rally Car. The presence of all the Chevy cars hints that the fourth installment in Bay’s Transformers franchise will follow in the footsteps of the previous movies: GM cars will play the good guys while the exotics will... more
June 11, 2013
- Conventional wisdom would dictate that Chevrolet sales in Europe should accelerate as more and more buyers battered by the continent's sour economy look to save money by choosing small, inexpensive cars over larger, more expensive options. After all, Chevrolet is positioned as General Motors' value brand, and it offers a number of affordable vehicles in popular inexpensive segments. Globally, Chevy sales are up four percent so far this year. All of this is why Chevy's declining sales in Europe...
June 10, 2013
- Pros and cons* Pros Classy exterior, good value for the money, quietest ride in its category, generous standard-equipment list and four-wheel disc brakes are among the many attributes that make the 2013 Hyundai Accent Sedan a definite class leader. Cons Its noisy engine, restricted rear visibility, imprecise manual gearbox and poor-sounding audio system are elements that reduce its overall attractiveness. Price The manual transmission Accent L Sedan has a MSRP of $13,399. An extra $1,250...
June 7, 2013
- The 2014 Ford Fiesta is in showrooms now with refreshed styling and new performance ST model, but it's what isn't yet available that should help the Fiesta stand out from the growing crowd of subcompacts. Aside from the new 1.0-liter EcoBoost model coming later this year, Ford recently told us that a new Fiesta SFE trim level is on the way that should put the updated Fiesta at the top of its class for fuel economy. The new Fiesta SFE will hit an estimated 41 miles per gallon on the highway...
June 5, 2013
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration is pondering whether to dramatically upscale a pair of airbag recalls on General Motors vehicles. The two existing campaigns, one launched in the fall of 2012 and the other in January of this year covered just 6,845 vehicles, but the government agency is considering whether to boost the recall to around 400,000 units. The existing recalls involve the the closely related 2012 Buick Verano (shown) and Chevrolet Cruze sedans, along with Sonic and...
June 4, 2013
- An electrical short could cause the driver-side air bag not to deploy in a crash in those vehicles, according to General Motors and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.An electrical short could cause the driver-side air bag not to deploy in a crash in those vehicles, according to General Motors and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Depending on the results of a government probe, General Motors might find an old recall campaign expanding exponentially. Over the couse of two recalls, the American automaker covered just over 6,800 vehicles with front airbags that might not inflate because of a defect in the electrical connections. Now, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)... more
- The Chevrolet Sonic has once again trounced the traditional subcompact class leader, the Nissan Versa, in sales for the month of May — and that’s not including the one new Aveo GM lists as being sold last month. The Versa still has a sizable lead through the first five months of the year, though the [...]