November 8, 2013
- DETROIT – Like athletes who burn fat and build muscle to become more competitive, the 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 and GMC Sierra 1500 strategically replaced traditional steel with lightweight, high-strength steels for improved capability, safety and fuel efficiency.
October 30, 2013
- "Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around" or so the song goes. With apologies to Chrysler (and the Willis Brothers) the 2014 Ram 3500 isn't quite that big -- but it sure feels that way. It does, however, boast the biggest tow-rating of any production consumer truck on the market: a whopping 16,608 (or 30,000lb) and a payload up to 3,320 kg (7,320lb). What is the 2014 Ram Heavy Duty Badged previously as "Dodge," Chrysler's pickup division now goes simply by the name "Ram." Heavy Duty...
October 24, 2013
- Record earnings from Asia Pacific and Africa; long journey for Lincoln; GM pickups hit snag; Franklin, da Vinci and Musk?.
October 17, 2013
- My dad recently purchased a 3 year-old GMC Sierra pick-up truck with 35,000 miles on it for less than $10,000. I’m not sure how he finds these deals, nor do I wish to discuss it further. What I do wish to discuss further is the fact that I am now the proud owner of a 2002 Champagne colored Chevy Malibu vis-à-vis the Sierra acquirement. For those of you unfamiliar with a Malibu, it’s exactly like a Camaro or Corvette but only less fast, and with more room for leaking toddlers and groceries....
October 14, 2013
- General Motors is already raising the price of its newly-introduced light-duty pickup trucks. Demand for the volume-selling 5.3-liter V8 model was strong enough to overwhelm initial production capacity. Late last week, a company spokesman told Fox News that pricing will go up by as much as $1,500 for the new half-tons. But that increased price... more
- General Motors must be pretty pleased with sales of its two newest pickups, the GMC Sierra and Chevrolet Silverado, as it's announced price hikes for both models, as part of a planned price tweak. Prices will be bumped by as much as $1,500, although weirdly, they'll be offset by as much as $1,500 in cash-back offers through the end of October. Fox Business reports that GM spokesman Jim Cain said of the price hike, "With the sell down of the '13 models nearly complete, this price adjustment was...
- Well, that didn't take long! The all-new 2014 Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra full-size pickups, which both hit the market back in June, have now been slapped with a first recall that affects 2,575 units. Chevrolet Silverado 2014. (Photo: Chevrolet) In some cases, either front seat may display seatback movement. If the vehicle were struck from behind, the head restraint may not meet the requirements of the safety...
October 13, 2013
- A small hike for a big truck.
October 10, 2013
- Nearly 22,000 vehicles are involved in the seat recall.
- General Motors is recalling certain 2014 model year Chevrolet Silverado 1500 and GMC Sierra 1500 full-size pickups to address a problem involving manual reclining seatbacks that may fail to perform adequately in a rear collision. Vehicles involved in the recall comprise a total population of 21,721. Of these, 2,575 are in Canada, 103 in Mexico and...