July 28, 2014
- General Motors treated isolated reports of flimsy ignitions in its mid-sized, full-sized and luxury cars more urgently than similar but far more voluminous complaints about the less profitable Chevrolet Cobalt and Saturn Ion, documents GM submitted...
July 24, 2014
- In the first quarter, General Motors received claims that defects in the Chevrolet Cobalt and Saturn Ion caused 17 deaths and 167 injuries, according to data it submitted to federal safety regulators.
July 18, 2014
- General Motors [NYSE:GM] is recalling 2008 Chevy Malibu, Pontiac G6, and Saturn Aura for electric power steering (EPS) problems. Affected vehicles may experience a sudden loss of power steering assist, which could occur at any time while driving. If this occurs, a message is displayed in the Driver Information Center and a chime to inform the...
July 17, 2014
- Yesterday was the anniversary of the Apollo 11 launch, and while the actual moon landing part of the whole thing tends to get the most attention, the launch itself was nothing at which to sneeze. That Saturn V rocket was powerful. How powerful? Well, let's put it in terms of cars.Read more...
July 16, 2014
- Amid touring the Turner-Fairbank Highway Research Center in McLean, Va. and having a go at a driving simulator based upon a Saturn SL, President Barack Obama talked about connected vehicles and increasing highway funding before reporters in attendance Tuesday. Autoblog and Bloomberg report the President spoke for 14 minutes on both subjects, though the majority […]
July 15, 2014
- President Obama was talking transportation today, visiting the Turner-Fairbank Highway Research Center in McLean, VA and then giving a speech on our crumbling infrastructure. None of that matters because here's a shot of him driving down a virtual highway in a Saturn S-Series. And it needs a caption.Read more...
July 14, 2014
- Pennsylvania governor Tom Corbett has signed legislation allowing Tesla to open up to five factory stores across the state. As you probably know, Tesla is having a hard time implementing its unique business model, which involves selling cars directly to consumers and thus bypassing the traditional dealer system. We've already told you about some of the battles that took place in New Jersey, Arizona, Massachusetts, Virginia, and Texas. The Pennsylvania law applies to any electric vehicle maker...
July 11, 2014
- GM has declined to confirm the news.
July 9, 2014
- Though its brand portfolio may have shrunk in recent years with the loss of Oldsmobile, Saturn, Pontiac and Hummer, General Motors still sells its wares around the world under a wide array of brands: Chevy, Buick, Cadillac and GMC in its home market, Holden in Australia, and a whole mess of joint-venture brands in China. In Europe, however, it's all about Opel, with Vauxhall tackling the UK market with a nearly identical product lineup but a different badge. And it's those two brands through...
June 30, 2014
- Key dates in General Motors' crisis over ignition defects in Chevrolet, Saturn and Pontiac small cars.