September 16, 2014
- The investment gives new life to the plant that was developed to build Saturn cars, but was idled during General Motors' 2009 bankruptcy reorganization.
September 8, 2014
- The General Motors recall train has boarded quite a few passengers since leaving the station in late February of this year. For one passenger, the 2002-2004 Saturn Vue (V-U-E, if you’re Keith Sweat), it took some deliberation by the conductors and fare inspectors before allowing the compact crossover aboard. Autoblog reports General Motors and the […] The post GM, NHTSA Deliberated Saturn Vue Issue Thrice Prior To Recall appeared first on The Truth About Cars.
September 5, 2014
- Despite the tens of millions of recalled vehicles this year, it's somewhat rare that we get a glimpse into what goes into deciding when to conduct one of these safety campaigns. New documents published by General Motors and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration are giving us an interesting opportunity to see how the sausage is made and show the number of meetings it takes to declare a recall. In early August, GM added about another 269,000 vehicles to its 2014 recall tally in the...
- GM and NHTSA discussed the Saturn Vue three times before a late-July 2014 recall.
- General Motors' recall of 215,000 Saturn Vue SUVs for ignition problems followed a series of meetings between the Detroit automaker and the federal auto safety agency, documents released Friday show.
September 3, 2014
- Magna International Inc. confirmed Wednesday that it will open a new plant in Spring Hill, Tenn., to manufacture seat assemblies for General Motors Co.'s Spring Hill manufacturing complex.
September 2, 2014
- General Motors' former Saturn factory in Spring Hill, Tennessee, has been named as the new home of the new redesigned Cadillac SRX that's expected to hit showrooms early next year as a 2016 model.
August 29, 2014
- Is GM playing the shell game with its vehicle production? This week, the maker announced it was moving Cadillac SRX production from Mexico to Spring Hill, Tennessee. However, it failed to make public that it was shifting the overflow production of the Chevy Equinox handled by the former Saturn plant to Mexico. For more, go to TheDetroitBureau.com.
- News that GM will be sending some production of the Chevrolet Equinox to their Ramos Arizpe, Mexico plant passed without much fanfare – GM’s PR machine was much more interested in touting the move of the Cadillac SRX to Spring Hill, Tennessee. While the Equinox’s move to Mexico will backfill capacity at that plant, it […] The post Another Bad Sign For Oshawa As GM Moves Chevrolet Equinox To Mexico appeared first on The Truth About Cars.
- It's a good week for the town of Spring Hill, TN, as General Motors has announced that its factory in the city of 31,000 will receive a $185 million contract to produce engines. On top of that, the next-generation Cadillac SRX crossover will be built at the factory (NA models are presently built in Ramos, Arizpe Mexico), which was once famous for being the home of GM's now-defunct Saturn brand. The factory is one of GM's six facilities around the globe that will screw together the company's...