October 30, 2014
- Cadillac has got big plans in place to revitalize its lineup, with new sedans, coupes and crossovers. And it all starts with this, the replacement for the SRX. Expected to be called XT5 in line with the brand's new naming scheme, the crossover will be based on a scalable new platform called C1XX - or Chi, for short. In its shorter form, Chi is anticipated to underpin the XT5 as well as a new Chevy crossover and the next-gen GMC Acadia. In long-wheelbase form, the platform is slated to give us...
October 28, 2014
- When the doors open at the LA Auto Show in a few weeks, Scion will be on hand to showcase its new iM Concept. But considering what little Toyota's youthful brand has revealed about the concept so far, it's led to rampant speculation. And the prevailing wisdom seems to point towards a production iM arriving as a Scion-badged version of the Toyota Auris. For those unfamiliar, the Auris is to European (and other) markets essentially what the Matrix is (was?) to ours: a hatchback version of the...
October 24, 2014
October 23, 2014
October 22, 2014
October 20, 2014
- The SRX is currently imported into China from Mexico, making it a pricey choice in China.
October 15, 2014
- The dealership also plans to move its centralized business development center to the second floor of the 34,000 square foot building.
October 13, 2014
- Over 40 workers at the General Motors facility in Spring Hill, Tenn. recently found themselves on a list of “scab workers" published by United Auto Workers Local 1853, a list one anonymous employee says kicked-off an effort to pressure and intimidate into joining. The Washington Free Beacon reports the list notes not only the names […] The post UAW Local Publishes Spring Hill Scab List appeared first on The Truth About Cars.
October 12, 2014
- A Tennessee UAW local has released a list singling out "scab" workers, raising concerns that union employees would seek retribution against non-union employees. UAW Local 1853 published the so-called "Scab Report" on some 40 employees at General Motors' Spring Hill, TN factory. Tennessee is a right-to-work state, meaning employees can take a pass on union membership, if they so choose. "The following individuals are non-dues paying workers. They have chosen to stop paying union dues and still...
October 6, 2014
- Keith writes: Sajeev – I’ve gotta get rid of 1 of my 4 family of cars – the family consists of a 2011 Civic LX (for the kids), 2009 Taurus X (for the wife) – and the two on the chopping block – 2006 Saab 9-5 Sport Combi (with 154,000 miles) verses 2006 Saturn […] The post Piston Slap: The Sportcombi’s Gloomy Vue? appeared first on The Truth About Cars.