November 29, 2013
- The Chevrolet Captiva, which traces its lineage to the Saturn Vue, is a rare thing in the market: a vehicle that isn’t available to consumers but is offered only to fleet customers, like rental car companies.
November 27, 2013
- TTAC Commentator 28-Cars-Later writes: Sajeev, I’ve got a small conundrum for Piston Slap. Winter is fast approaching and for those of us in the mid-Atlantic states this is a serious affair. My winter beater has been my trusty (but not rusty) ’98 Saturn SL/auto/164K, which in the spring started showing its age and developed transmission […]
November 22, 2013
- You know, I kind of liked the Saturn Astra. Not in an "I'd buy one" sort of way, but I appreciated that it was a stylish European hatchback that made it to our shores. But the one I'd really want is its successor, the Vauxhall Astra VXR, a 279-horsepower hot hatch. Read more...
October 26, 2013
- When General Motors shut down Pontiac, it left a lot of enthusiasts wondering why. It was primed with a lineup of powerful, rear-wheel drive models, and seemed like it had a bright future ahead of it. It turns out that GM killed it on government orders, according to former GM Vice Chairman Bob Lutz.Read more...
October 24, 2013
- You may know it as an Opel, a Vauxhall, a Holden, a Chevy, a Buick or even a Saturn, depending on where you live. But whatever emblem it's wearing, the Astra is straightforward car. Nothing particularly remarkable about it. Which is why this series of records is pretty darn impressive. Earlier this month, the Vauxhall team took a pair of Astras to the high-speed bowl at the Milbrook Proving Grounds in England. Twelve drivers (including nine journalists and three automaker staff members) each...
October 21, 2013
- General Motors currently finds itself in the great position of having a lot of very good small cars in its US lineup. Less than a decade ago, the eight-branded automaker couldn't have enough trucks, SUVs and vans, but now it finds models like the Chevy Sonic and Cruze, Buick Encore and Verano, and Cadillac ATS (not a "small car" by definition, but the smallest for Caddy) garnering praise from the press and sales from consumers. Just across the Atlantic sits another great small car, the Opel...
- Why waste long hours watching yet another professionally done review of people droning on about cars when you could fall down the memory hole with Regular Car Reviews, a no-budget video take on the vehicles real Americans camp out in before Sears opens on Black Friday. Like this, a 2000 Saturn L wagon, the car [...]
October 20, 2013
- "Which new SUV is comparable to the Saturn Vue? I am driving my fourth Saturn Vue and have been really frustrated at the thought of replacing it. I already looked at the Equinox but passed because it is not comparable...
October 14, 2013
- Warren, Ephlin and others were instrumental in developing Saturn Corp. as a new approach to labor-management cooperation. The Saturn plant in Spring Hill, Tenn., was GM's attempt to stem the growing dominance of Japanese manufacturers in the U.S. auto market.
October 11, 2013
- It felt like the future — those first Saturns, from a new factory, with plastic body panels that looked like steel but wouldn't rust, built with a unique peace agreement between the UAW and General Motors, driven by chairman Roger Smith. The Saturn SL1s and SL2s weren't fast or great handling cars, but they were [...]