October 20, 2014
- The SRX is currently imported into China from Mexico, making it a pricey choice in China.
October 15, 2014
- The dealership also plans to move its centralized business development center to the second floor of the 34,000 square foot building.
October 13, 2014
- Over 40 workers at the General Motors facility in Spring Hill, Tenn. recently found themselves on a list of “scab workers" published by United Auto Workers Local 1853, a list one anonymous employee says kicked-off an effort to pressure and intimidate into joining. The Washington Free Beacon reports the list notes not only the names […] The post UAW Local Publishes Spring Hill Scab List appeared first on The Truth About Cars.
October 12, 2014
- A Tennessee UAW local has released a list singling out "scab" workers, raising concerns that union employees would seek retribution against non-union employees. UAW Local 1853 published the so-called "Scab Report" on some 40 employees at General Motors' Spring Hill, TN factory. Tennessee is a right-to-work state, meaning employees can take a pass on union membership, if they so choose. "The following individuals are non-dues paying workers. They have chosen to stop paying union dues and still...
October 6, 2014
- Keith writes: Sajeev – I’ve gotta get rid of 1 of my 4 family of cars – the family consists of a 2011 Civic LX (for the kids), 2009 Taurus X (for the wife) – and the two on the chopping block – 2006 Saab 9-5 Sport Combi (with 154,000 miles) verses 2006 Saturn […] The post Piston Slap: The Sportcombi’s Gloomy Vue? appeared first on The Truth About Cars.
September 16, 2014
- The investment gives new life to the plant that was developed to build Saturn cars, but was idled during General Motors' 2009 bankruptcy reorganization.
September 8, 2014
- The General Motors recall train has boarded quite a few passengers since leaving the station in late February of this year. For one passenger, the 2002-2004 Saturn Vue (V-U-E, if you’re Keith Sweat), it took some deliberation by the conductors and fare inspectors before allowing the compact crossover aboard. Autoblog reports General Motors and the […] The post GM, NHTSA Deliberated Saturn Vue Issue Thrice Prior To Recall appeared first on The Truth About Cars.
September 5, 2014
- Despite the tens of millions of recalled vehicles this year, it's somewhat rare that we get a glimpse into what goes into deciding when to conduct one of these safety campaigns. New documents published by General Motors and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration are giving us an interesting opportunity to see how the sausage is made and show the number of meetings it takes to declare a recall. In early August, GM added about another 269,000 vehicles to its 2014 recall tally in the...
- GM and NHTSA discussed the Saturn Vue three times before a late-July 2014 recall.
- General Motors' recall of 215,000 Saturn Vue SUVs for ignition problems followed a series of meetings between the Detroit automaker and the federal auto safety agency, documents released Friday show.