April 24, 2014
- TORONTO, Ont. -- When Ford introduced the Mustang 50 years ago, it was the beginning of an enduring and much-loved cultural icon. To celebrate the birthday of this legendary pony car, more than 125 members of the Golden Horseshoe Mustang Association and GTA Mustang Club gathered at Ontario Place, and 25 classic Mustangs formed a giant "50" for a commemorative aerial shot. When the Mustang arrived in 1964, it created a new segment: the pony car. Small, economical and with a modicum of...
- A new brand General Motors launched only three years ago is poised to double its sales this year as GM continues to move ahead with its rapid expansion in China. The brand, which appeals to buyers in smaller cities inside China, is critical to GM's growth there. To get all of the details, head over to TheDetroitBureau.com.
- GM's Opel brand is targeting second place in deliveries in Europe in the coming years as new models attract buyers. Opel currently is the third-largest brand in the region, behind VW and Ford, according to data from the ACEA trade group.
April 23, 2014
- The ink is still drying on the all-new 2015 Cadillac Escalade sales brochures, but that hasn't stopped Texas-based Hennessey Performance (HPE) from leaping out of the gate with its own high-performance variant. In stock form, the big fourth-generation Cadillac flagship arrives with a new small block naturally aspirated 6.2-liter Ecotec3 V8 delivering 420 horsepower and 460 pound-feet of torque. Fresh out of the showroom, the 5,900-pound SUV will sprint to 60 mph in 5.9 seconds. While that is...
- Japan’s largest auto brand has once again captured the coveted title of world’s largest automaker. Toyota outsold both Volkswagen and General Motors once again in the first quarter of 2014, making that three straight quarters of sales supremacy for the Japanese brand. Sales at Toyota, including Hino Motors and Daihatsu Motor Co., were up to... more
- Runtime: 9:42 - GM, Ford Earnings Down - C-MAX Sales Get C- - Mustang’s Electronic Line-Lock - Toyota Gives Yaris New Facelift - Green Car Study - GM Management Changes - Formula One Changes Visit our sponsors to thank them for their support of Autoline Daily: BorgWarner, Bridgestone, Dow Automotive Systems and Hyundai. »Subscribe to [...]
- Tokyo — Toyota kept its position at the top in global vehicle sales for the first quarter of this year, outpacing rivals General Motors and Volkswagen.
- JP Morgan said today that it expects General Motors sales to rise slightly in April, and says it doesn't think they have been impacted by the ongoing ignition switch recall crisis.
- Toyota kept its position at the top in global vehicle sales for the first quarter of this year, outpacing rivals General Motors and Volkswagen.