August 4, 2015
- Today, we have plug-in electric car sales results for July, plans to build the world's largest hydrogen fueling station in San Francisco, and a report that a Nissan Leaf crossover could join the existing five-door hatchback as part of an upcoming redesign. All this and more on Green Car Reports. Catch up on last week's biggest stories...
- Solid July sales for Detroit 3, Japan rivals; Lexus luxury winner; BMW may get a new 'i'; Lutz's take on Sergio; 'Social space' for GM?; A stormy start to conference..
- Automotive News reported earlier this month the death of the Cadillac XTS — expected to happen when the new, range-topping CT6 arrived at dealers — has been stayed until 2018 or 2019 thanks to the livery market and sales in China, sourcing “three people familiar with General Motors’ plans." Sorry, Mike Colias, but you are about 3-and-a-half […] The post Automotive News Late, Wrong On Cadillac XTS De-Livery News appeared first on The Truth About Cars.
July 31, 2015
- Trax, the all-new Chevrolet compact crossover, has bolted out of the gate since its introduction in December. With its nearly 25,000 sales to date through June, the small “city-smart” SUV is outselling iconic brand nameplates like Corvette and Suburban.
- Sales were up 0.1 percent overall.
- Cadillac struggling to balance increasing sales without cheapening its image
- Honda, Subaru profits rise on U.S. sales; OnStar app under attack; Senate cracks down on automakers; Toyota skips Apple, Google; Snyder: U.S. to earn sales bronze..
- Honda, Subaru profits rise on U.S. sales; OnStar app under attack; Senate cracks down on automakers; Toyota skips Apple, Google; Snyder: U.S. to earn sales bronze.
July 30, 2015
- General Motors will probably report weaker sales than some key rivals do in July. The largest U.S. automaker said that's because it's selling fewer vehicles to rental-car agencies -- not a lack of love in dealer showrooms.
- Fiat Chrysler Automobiles said strong North American sales and brisk worldwide Jeep sales propelled the company to a $364 million profit in the second quarter of 2015, despite record fines from the federal government. Overall, the company earned a pre-tax profit of $1.4 billion, which is double the $650 million it made in the same quarter […] The post Jeep Posts Biggest Ever Quarterly Sales Total in US appeared first on The Truth About Cars.