October 21, 2014
- Facebook commenters and the automotive press aren’t the only ones feeling the lash from Cadillac boss Johan de Nysschen, as dealers themselves are feeling the pressure to step up their game. Automotive News reports that while some Cadillac dealerships have nothing to worry about, and are, in fact, completely on-board with de Nysschen’s alphanumeric global […] The post Cadillac Dealers Prepare To Step Up, Or Leave, Sales Game Under De Nysschen appeared first on The Truth About...
- Cadillac sales in the United States rose to a six-year high in 2013. Yet in five of 2014’s nine months, sales have declined. Through three-quarters, Cadillac volume is down 4%. Overall new vehicle sales in the U.S. are up by more than 5%. BMW, Mercedes-Benz, and Lexus sales are up 11%, 8%, and 16%, respectively, […] The post September 2014 Sales: Now Even The SRX Is Slowing Cadillac Down appeared first on The Truth About Cars.
October 20, 2014
- Tesla Motors began taking online orders for its Model S electric car in China today, joining General Motors Co. and Volkswagen in selling vehicles through Alibaba Group Holding's online shopping mall.Buyers can place a 50,000-yuan ($8,200) deposit for the electric car through Alibaba's Tmall.com, according to Tesla China spokeswoman Peggy Yang. "Tmall offers us an opportunity to reach out to general customers," she said by telephone.Tesla, led by billionaire Elon Musk, began deliveries of the...
- A judge has ruled that the retail sales index metric used by GM is unfair.
- In early 2013, the Nissan Leaf shed a massive $6,500 from its $35,200 base price to offer a new starting price of $28,800. Since then, we have seen numerous other plug-in vehicles get smaller price tags, from the Honda Fit EV (lower lease price) to the Chevrolet Volt (around $5,000 lower) to the Mitsubishi i (a $6,130 drop). Last year, Ford lowered the $39,200 price of the Focus Electric by around $4,000, but that hasn't been enough to get the Ford EV to really compete, saleswise, with other...
October 19, 2014
- The Jaguar F-Type continues to be the car of the moment as coupes become a more common sight and as the car continues to be an absolutely essential part of the Jaguar lineup. September sales of the F-Type jumped 91% compared with September of last year, which still stands as Jaguar USA’s second-lowest-volume full month. […] The post Cain’s Segments: Euro Sports Cars In September 2014 appeared first on The Truth About Cars.
- The owners of a small dealership near New York City have won a legal challenge stymieing General Motors' bid to terminate his franchise, a ruling that could help other dealers targeted by automakers for subpar sales.
October 18, 2014
- Year-to-date, sales are up 3.3 percent.
October 17, 2014
The Z51 option pack was hugely popular full-stop, with a total of 21,105 examples in all bodystyles ordered. For its first year out of the gate, the 2014 Chevrolet C7 Corvette Stingray did very well for itself, selling 37,288 units worldwide with 34,678 of the new sports cars hitting the market in the US alone. In fact, the total number was one of the best figures for the Corvette in the modern era. But the full breakdown of all the 2014 C7's...
- A massive list of recalls didn’t prevent General Motors from posting its best Q3 results since 1980. Despite recalling a record number of vehicles this year and constantly being in the spotlight with defects and even deaths linked to the recalls, the American automaker had its best third quarter in sales since 1980, selling nearly... more