January 25, 2013
- Buick’s current lineup has helped the brand regain some precious lost respect, but a few products are starting to show their age. The Buick Enclave, the model that started the tri-shield brand’s renaissance, was recently updated for 2013. Next on the list may be the Regal, which will get a face-lift similar to the refreshed [...]
January 21, 2013
- A 1958 Corvette belonging to General Motors Co. chief executive Dan Akerson sold for $270,000 during the weekend's Barrett-Jackson auction in Scottsdale, Ariz. The car, painted regal turquoise with white “coves,” was one of five Chevrolet sports cars sold at the auction to benefit charities.
January 18, 2013
- General Motors CEO Dan Akerson has said his final goodbye to his own personal 1958 Chevrolet Corvette. The car just sold here at the 2013 Barrett-Jackson auction in Scottsdale, with a final gavel price of $270,000 - since 100 percent of the sale price is slated to benefit Habitat for Humanity Detroit, there are no extra charges from the auction house on top of the sale price. For those interested, the base price for a '58 'Vette Convertible was $3,591, complete with a 245-horsepower 4.6-liter...
January 3, 2013
- The 2013 Buick Regal has a traditional name, but if you've wandered into a showroom looking for a V-8 and rear-wheel drive....well, things have changed. Today's Regal is a front-drive four-door. Sometimes it's a mild hybrid. It's never a V-8--it's never even a V-6. Under the skin, it's an Opel, from Germany. And it's the best Regal...
January 1, 2013
- Scores of new cars reached the market in 2012 to run the gamut from boring and affordable to capable of causing cardiac arrest. So what did you, the AutoGuide.com readers research the most? Read on to find out. Buick first introduced the current-generation Regal in 2009, but the original car debuted in 1973 looking nothing like the... more
December 12, 2012
- The opportunity and ability to make a statement without saying a word is a rare gift. People go to great lengths to make an impression, to get people to comment -- even to point and stare in admiration. The 2013 Audi A8 goes one step further where passersby admire, respect and know that this is not average Joe's car. The A8 comes out of the box looking the way it does and puts no effort in trying to achieve anything: it just does. Mind you, the...
November 15, 2012
- General Motors hopes to have 500,000 vehicles with either plug-in hybrid or fully electric technology on the road by 2017, leaving conventional hybrids behind. ''The plug-in offers a unique opportunity to change the way people commute,'' said Mary Barra, senior vice president of Global Product Development. ''Plug-based solutions will play a significant role in our technology portfolio going forward.'' This year, GM is on pace to sell more than 50,000 vehicles with electrification. There's...
November 10, 2012
- Dave complains about the Regal... and we counter his objections.
October 23, 2012
- Louisveille, KY - When companies listen to their clients, there's cause for some form of celebration. Sure, clients think they know what they want, but it's rare that a company actually takes complaints/suggestions/advice from their paying customers to heart. However, in the case of the Buick Verano, they took an idea and ran with it. And I have to say, I'm so very glad they did. Buick said their customers wanted more power in the Verano. They...
October 19, 2012
- NEWS EDITOR GREG MIGLIORE: The 2012 Regal GS is a strong, sporty execution for Buick that's sharply styled and fun to drive. The chassis is excellent.